Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Alright, I'm making a respect thread for DC Ares and Zeus. Diana too, she clearly needs it.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Except its not statements, its years of in canon feats. I can provide them, its every instance were Diana has tied someone up and they couldn't escape by breaking the lasso. Its not the same as saying Superman is the most powerful hero and then having SHAZAM or Martian Manhunter or Wonder Woman slap him around a bit. I have a question, as someone who clearly doesn't know a lot about WW, did you know that WW tying people up in the lasso was her way of solving conflicts without more violence and then used that time to talk to them (like she did with Stranger) or do you not care?
    the tie was broken by bizzaro. There is another phrase that accompanies Superman, it is always contained and there is evidence, which means that according to his logic, Superman's universal / multiverse feats is that he is not contained. binding someone against his will is violence, so no matter how much I speak to him later, he has already used violence. tying someone against their will instead of using the sword is to minimize violence.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    the tie was broken by bizzaro. There is another phrase that accompanies Superman, it is always contained and there is evidence, which means that according to his logic, Superman's universal / multiverse feats is that he is not contained. binding someone against his will is violence, so no matter how much I speak to him later, he has already used violence. tying someone against their will instead of using the sword is to minimize violence.
    A non canon scan from a bad story doesn't help you.

Stranger, who started the fight and clearly is in the wrong, should not be subdued in the lasso were he can't hurt anyone or himself and calmly talked to using the lasso's truth powers because it's still violence? interesting logic there.
    Last edited by Perseus; 07-20-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Mighty Member

So it's not Wonder Woman who is OP it's her lasso? So long as she has it she can beat anyone? Isn't the end result still the same, she is OP. At least Thor's hammer could be broken/destroyed, the lasso is like some all-powerful weapon; exactly who can't it work on? Shouldn't it have some limitations or is every being in the DC Universe susceptible to its power, no exceptions?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    So it's not Wonder Woman who is OP it's her lasso? So long as she has it she can beat anyone? Isn't the end result still the same, she is OP. At least Thor's hammer could be broken/destroyed, the lasso is like some all-powerful weapon; exactly who can't it work on? Shouldn't it have some limitations or is every being in the DC Universe susceptible to its power, no exceptions?
    The lasso was at its most powerful during the Golden age, it didn't have limitations (it COULD be used against Diana, which actually make it potentially dangerous). It didn't prevent stories working back then.

Diana's lasso quite literally holds truth, in all it forms, it is truth as a concept and force. It has only been canonically broken once under the most extreme circumstance and nearly caused reality to fall apart. It can bring people into their own souls and that's been demonstrated in Rebirth and pre-Nu52. Diana doesn't use it at its full power 90% of the time for the same reason people don't call the cops in horror movies. They don't do it because its dull.

BANNED

A non canon scan from a bad story doesn't help you.

Stranger, who started the fight and clearly is in the wrong, should not be subdued in the lasso were he can't hurt anyone or himself and calmly talked to using the lasso's truth powers because it's still violence? interesting logic there.
    it doesn't matter, it's still violence, keep using force. Rahma Khan, Queen of Fables have broken the tie.

BANNED

superman and kryptonians are not op, op is the sun.

it doesn't matter, it's still violence, keep using force. Rahma Khan, Queen of Fables have broken the tie.
    Yea no, lassoing someone to prevent greater violence is not somehow worse than letting them continue to rampage.

And here we have it the one and only time the lasso of truth was broken. For people actually interested in why here are links to the scans....The only time the Lasso has been broken in Post-Crisis canon is when it was presented with two equal truths and betrayed her own morals and ideals. The results of this were very catastrophic, as truth itself broke throughout the universe.

BANNED

Yea no, lassoing someone to prevent greater violence is not somehow worse than letting them continue to rampage.

And here we have it the one and only time the lasso of truth was broken. For people actually interested in why here are links to the scans....The only time the Lasso has been broken in Post-Crisis canon is when it was presented with two equal truths and betrayed her own morals and ideals. The results of this were very catastrophic, as truth itself broke throughout the universe.
    in MoS superman kills zod, so zod doesn't kill a family. tell me, the one that superman breaks his neck is violence. I repeat what I said in a previous comment, using the lasso is better than a punch, but it is still violence. Or this is like when I ripped off Superman's spine, and ww fans turned it down, saying that since Superman is not human between him and Medusa there is no difference, and so there is nothing wrong with ww using his spine as weapon.
    According to your own words, when the tie is broken, there are consequences on a universal level, phantom stranger is multiversal.
    Last edited by NaVi; 07-20-2020 at 02:10 PM.

in MoS superman kills zod, so zod doesn't kill a family. tell me, the one that superman breaks his neck is violence. I repeat what I said in a previous comment, using the lasso is better than a punch, but it is still violence. Or this is like when I ripped off Superman's spine, and ww fans turned it down, saying that since Superman is not human between him and Medusa there is no difference, and so there is nothing wrong with ww using his spine as weapon.
    According to your own words, when the tie is broken, there are consequences on a universal level, phantom stranger is multiversal.
    Under your thinking then all superheroes are violent. So why are you reading?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Under your thinking then all superheroes are violent. So why are you reading?
    beings who spend half their lives beaten, if they are violent. They have a good reason to be, yes of course, but it's still violence. In case it's not clear, talking to someone is not the same as tying him up and then talking to him.

beings who spend half their lives beaten, if they are violent. They have a good reason to be, yes of course, but it's still violence. In case it's not clear, talking to someone is not the same as tying him up and then talking to him.
    Oh I understand what you say and have been saying, the same thing. But by your thinking, all superheroes are violent. Wonder Woman is not anymore than any other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh I understand what you say and have been saying, the same thing. But by your thinking, all superheroes are violent. Wonder Woman is not anymore than any other.
    I never said that ww was more violent than others, I simply asked a ww fan if he prefers a ww that wears the lasso in Phantom Stranger, or that it was all solved by talking, after all ww has a reputation as a diplomat.

I never said that ww was more violent than others, I simply asked a ww fan if he prefers a ww that wears the lasso in Phantom Stranger, or that it was all solved by talking, after all ww has a reputation as a diplomat.
    That reputation, sadly, varies.

She has been a diplomat, ambassador, spy, nurse and author.

But in Nu52 and Rebirth, she's been a warrior princess with a sword and shield and little to no skills showcased at all.

I'm fond of scientist/ambassador Diana, but that doesn't mean I want to see her talk her way out of everything. That would be boring - comics are a visual medium, and superheroes are an action genre, so reading nothing but panels of text every time she comes across a tough situation would put me to sleep.

There are times for talk, times to fight, and times to use the lasso.

This happened to be a lasso time