Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 297
  1. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Singing a different tune if this thread was about Batman? Umm, have we been reading 2 entirely different forums?

    People, even fans of Batman, complain about his Batgod feats all the damn time, OTOH Wonder Woman is placed on a pedestal and if anything her fans want her to be more powerful.

    Most Batman fans want him to be less powerful, not as smart, not as competent, etc. Just look at his forum where there are constant threads with people saying they prefer one version of Batman over another because one wasn't as strong. People always say they prefer the Batman: TAS version to the JL/U version because he wasn't as OP in TAS.

    I've never heard a Wonder Woman fan say they liked a weaker version specifically because they weren't as OP. And obviously there are other reasons people like TAS Batman more than his JL counterpart but they almost always mention how him being weaker and more fallible made them like him more.

    Let's not turn this into a "which character gets more complaints" competition because Bruce would win in a landslide, the only characters who'd even come close are Superman, Joker and Harley. Wonder Woman is like Dick Grayson in the way she's practically deified and beloved by the majority of the forum, this one thread's got nothing on the avalanche of hate and criticism Bruce gets on a daily basis.
    I've been reading these forums for a long time. Especially during Tom King's run and after BvS came out. Batman fans have been skewering those stories in particular for making Bruce look stupid and I've lost count of the number of times I've see people hate on the Batfamily for robbing Bruce of his social skills. Tim and Oracle in particular have been accused of being used to dumb down Bruce and Cassandra is hated by many for being a better fighter than Bruce.

    I don't know what forums you follow, but most Batman fans do not want him to be weaker or dumber.

    Hell, Wonder Woman fans actually insist on her being the only flying brick in the DCU that isn't bulletproof.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-16-2020 at 08:30 AM.

  2. #47
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I've been reading these forums for a long time. Especially during Tom King's run and after BvS came out. Batman fans have been skewering those stories in particular for making Bruce look stupid and I've lost count of the number of times I've see people hate on the Batfamily for robbing Bruce of his social skills. Tim and Oracle in particular have been accused of being used to dumb down Bruce and Cassandra is hated by many for being a better fighter than Bruce.

    I don't know what forums you follow, but most Batman fans do not want him to be weaker or dumber.
    I agree tha many Batman fans don't want him to be weaker or dumber.

    However, I should say I hadn't seen many Batman fans in this forum. I have seen more fans of other members of the Batfamily, many of them prefer Batman to be more fallible.

  3. #48
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Show me these fans....
    You can find them plenty in the Batman forum. Especially in threads from 2014.



    YOU SHOULD SIMPLY READ!!!!
    Advice you should take yourself.

    1. https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-w...n-best-member/
    Here she solves EASILY a situation using her intelligence, while the male members stand around etc.
    She does it even by checking the GREEN LANTERN XENOTYPE directory, while GREEN LANTERN says that its not time for that...
    You're acting as if this one moment in JL represents how she's typically depicted in that book. It isn't. There are way more instances of Batman or Superman doing this in JL.

    3 https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-b...smartest-hero/
    Wonder Woman explains to Batman who/what Tartarus is!!
    THIS IS SOMETHING WHICH YOU FIND IN THE INTERNET!!!
    Now you're just reaching for things to be pissed about.

    4 Sorry, but if you are able to lift something which AQUAMAN,SUPERMAN,Batman and Flash couldnt move together you are OP..
    See my response to point 1.

    The only time I remember Fans complaining was JASON!!!

    Many Wonder Woman Fans dont like him, because he, as male, is shown as superior to her...
    If Wonder Woman fans hated male characters simply on the basis of being physically superior to her the Super Wonder ship wouldn't exist.


    Sorry, but NO!!!!! the only times I remember were when Diana might have been outclassed by her brother JASON and when she was outclassed in terms of strength by POWER GIRL.
    Ever read a story titled "For The Man Who Has Everything By Alan Moore"? If you think Power Girl and Jason are the only people who have ever been depicted as superior to Wonder Woman then there is a lot you do not know about this character.

  4. #49
    Incredible Member Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    633

    Default

    If anything WW is the most underrated power house from the JL

    I mean there are people who really think she loses to war machine or other mid tiers...

    And i'm talking about her post crisis version since N52 and Rebirth didn't make her much justice
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 07-16-2020 at 08:28 AM.

  5. #50
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    If anything WW is the most underrated power house from the JL

    I mean there are people who really think she loses to war machine or other mid tiers...

    And i'm talking about her post crisis version since N52 and Rebirth didn't make her much justice
    WW defeated two Kryptonians in seconds. WW defeated a superman in seconds with power up. but it is not enough, because you all know that ww is multiversal, so defeating kryptonians in seconds is not a show of force.

  6. #51
    Mighty Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Perfect example was JASON!!!!!
    I havent read stories with him, but people criticized him, because he was stronger, more powerful than Diana..
    )
    Can't speak for others but my dislike of Jason is rooted in him being shoehorned into WW's origin, reinforcing the Zeus-daddy status, and Diana taking a backseat to him and his largely uninteresting stories in her only title. Him being stronger or more powerful than her was just a symptom of that.
    Last edited by Gaius; 07-16-2020 at 04:38 PM. Reason: clarity

  7. #52
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Well, this thread has run it's course I think, at least for me. I'll leave it with this question. Assuming you are right about WW being OP, why does it matter?

  8. #53
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post



    Wonder Woman is sligthly weaker than him (also DIFFICULT, because Superman can easily fly trough sun to power him up), but she is much much much much much better trained.
    Wonder Woman has NO real weakness (unlike Magic,red Sun and Kryptonite..)
    Magic isnt a weakness and superman has oclvertime resisted kyprtonite snd red sun effects throughtbstories where he grows and matures his abilites. Your making wonder woman sound like a mary sue.

  9. #54
    Astonishing Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,423

    Default

    She's fine, Diana's not any less "OP" than the other heavy hitters in DC.
    Reading list: Far Sector (DC), Marauders (Marvel), X-Force (Marvel), X-Men (Marvel), Miles Morales: Spider-Man (Marvel), Venom (Marvel), My Hero Academia (VIZ), Killadelphia (Image), Bitter Root (Image), Black Hammer: Age of Doom (Darkhorse)

  10. #55
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    WW defeated two Kryptonians in seconds. WW defeated a superman in seconds with power up. but it is not enough, because you all know that ww is multiversal, so defeating kryptonians in seconds is not a show of force.
    Doomsdays kicked her ass twice and black adam easily beating her at slapping her away and koing her. Superman defeated them more often as easily tham she did.

  11. #56
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The other side
    Posts
    838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowedeyes View Post
    Well, this thread has run it's course I think, at least for me. I'll leave it with this question. Assuming you are right about WW being OP, why does it matter?
    For the same reason it matters when we see batgod in action. Its propping up one character at the expense of others. Its treating others with disrespect while saying see how awesome this character is; he/she can do things these other losers can't. When did having limitations and not being unbeatable become a bad thing? Is Diana being the most powerful, most perfect hero the only thing that makes her a great character? If any other character had straight up beaten the Phantom Stranger and punked out GOD I think people would have a problem with that, and rightfully so. Where do you go after that, who's left to beat after that? After the Stranger and GOD does she turn around and lose to Cheetah or Cirsei or whoever? I get her fans love these feats of the unbeatable Wonder Woman but don't pretend she's not OP as hell. At this point she's the most OP character in DC.

  12. #57
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,463

    Default

    Diana is among the most powerful superheroes DC has. If she isn't a close second behind Superman, the list of others between her and him is arguably very short (maybe only consisting of Supergirl and Captain Marvel). Her doing feats like this should be a non issue. She and Superman should be doing stuff like this 24/7.

  13. #58
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    158

    Default

    magic affects him more than ww, in many cases more than anyone, as for the kryptonite and the red sun, its resistance to these weaknesses increases over time, to the point of being totally immune, the problem is that those cases We only see them in stories outside the canon, therefore kryptonite and red sun are weaknesses. ww has none, so if ww is a Mary Sue

  14. #59
    Incredible Member cgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    The Soviet Union Hockey Team won the Olympic Games for twenty years in a row putting the talent of their players to the service of the team, the United States Hockey Team was able to defeat the Soviets only when it did the same thing.
    Sorry to derail, but I am wondering exactly when this 20 year span of Soviet dominance was. Their longest streak was four consecutive Olympics, from 1964 to 1976. The Americans won in 1980 and the Soviets won a couple more after that. Note that Canada has the most overall medals, including gold medals, which may muddy your point somewhat.

    Back on topic: overpowered heroes are boring because it's difficult to build stories with uncertainty and tension around them. WW has essentially no weaknesses and is dull as a result. It's not unique to DC. Marvel has this problem with the Silver Surfer, for example. Personally, I'd enjoy a line-wide depowering of ultra-powerful heroes to their Golden Age standards.

  15. #60
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,587

    Default

    Wonderwoman regularly fights gods, demigods, superpowerful magic users, and army tanks, she isn't anywhere near mid-tier, like some people like to depict her as. Plus she is an Amazon, a race of being so adept at fighting, that ancient greeks classified them in the same catagory as monsters. So you have a supremely trained warrior, that has mystical strength speed, and endurance. Plus she has magical weapons. When you take this into consideration you have a character that should easily be in Superman, and Shazam's level powerwise, and should best them in certain situations.
    Last edited by mathew101281; 07-16-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •