I think that society is entitled to redirect its consumer choices to avoid supporting people, but one of my concerns is that we are in danger of not allowing people to learn and grow, because I feel like the 'cancelling' is often times going to be permanent. I think of it like putting people in prison, if we don't allow rehabilitation of prisoners and the potential to be released and become a contributing member of society again, we are causing a new problem. Likewise here, people need to be able to learn from their mistakes and be given the chance to grow. If people's careers are taken away on a potentially permanent basis, they won't grow, they will hit back. Obviously, there are cases in which people have done something that people cannot forgive.

Creator X is found to be a paedophile - cancel them and goodbye. I'm not buying their work.

Creator Y offends says something perceived as discriminatory, from a place of ignorance or misunderstanding as opposed to actually being a racist or homophobe etc, make the issue known to them, but let them learn from it. I will still buy their work, depending on how I feel they respond to the criticism.