Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I would say no, even before Hickman's time at the helm.

Attachment 98735

This clearly says even before the Shadow King, Charles knew he would need a team.
    I'll take Claremont's canon over Lobdell's any day.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Read Uncanny X-Men 117...
    Attachment 98747

After his fight with the Shadow King
    Attachment 98745
    Attachment 98746
    There's the next page. Settled!

I find it interesting that even before her mutant powers developed as he tracked her it got harder and harder to do mentally. Now that's some natural tp resistance.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm pretty sure it's Jean Grey...even though Scott was the first X-Man, Jean was his first student, and even after Jean came out of her withdrawn state, they, along with Moira Mactaggert sometimes, worked together exclusively for a few years.

In addition, Xavier was only able to contact Scott through Jean's telepathy (Classic X-Men #42), and her mind was used to calibrate Cerebro (obviously instrumental in finding and recruiting other mutants)

Y’all are crazy. Everyone knows that it was Wolverine and Sabretooth who founded the X-men, thanks to this incredible series...

6DF2C591-AB02-49FC-A714-34DC80C4AC9E.jpg

Ha.

Or maybe it was actually Cable, as detailed in this issue...

BDDBF729-134D-423B-A912-CF87F7A7519D.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Here love, idk if this helps. Attachment 98750

Of course, Xavier founded the X-men. I said just as much quite clearly in my OP. The question at hand was would the series of events that are directly correlated to what Xavier himself said was responsible for finding his “life mission” and the cause that sparked the dream that birthed the X-men have happened the same way without Ororo fatefully picking his pocket that day in Cairo. This, to be honest, was also supposed to be a very light-hearted fun post that brought us back to reading this great back issue in these dark, comic sparse times and was just to have some fun discussing the origin of Xavier’s idea for the X-men. You can rest assured that no one is trying to take away his credit for that but yes, it seems Storm was also indirectly involved in the crux of their origin as well, which as a fan, is pretty neat.

Lmao I know right! I almost mentioned that in my OP but upon reading the panel it says specifically that it was a “gentle force bolt” (lol) and Ororo doesn’t display any signs of pain and utters a singular “oh!” which was cute, so I decided to not make a Cain Marko out of a Doop and let it go. Still like, couldn’t let ol’ girl get away with some coins at least X? Girl was barefoot in the street and he was in a full colonizer on holiday get up lmao like damn, throw Ororo a few shekels mate.
    Nothing about ever giving a black woman credit is ever easy or fun, unfortunately.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's Jean Grey...even though Scott was the first X-Man, Jean was his first student, and even after Jean came out of her withdrawn state, they, along with Moira Mactaggert sometimes, worked together exclusively for a few years.

In addition, Xavier was only able to contact Scott through Jean's telepathy (Classic X-Men #42), and her mind was used to calibrate Cerebro (obviously instrumental in finding and recruiting other mutants)

Jean was 10 when her powers activated. Ororo was like 6 when she picked Charles's pocket. Charles met Ororo before Jean, before Magnus even. Charles would have had to have come back to the states to be there for Jean, so that all happened several years later.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I find it interesting that even before her mutant powers developed as he tracked her it got harder and harder to do mentally. Now that's some natural tp resistance.
    Some mutants powers activate before puberty. Even in Ororo's origin story, when the plane hit her parents apartment building, she was blown away from them, which is why she wasn't crushed but they were. Could have been an assist from the Goddess, or could have been a subconscious activation of her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Jean was 10 when her powers activated. Ororo was like 6 when she picked Charles's pocket. Charles met Ororo before Jean, before Magnus even. Charles would have had to have come back to the states to be there for Jean, so that all happened several years later.
    It's not about who he met first or when...it's about what led him to actually believe in founding a school for young mutants.

His work with not just dealing with Jean's trauma, her developing powers, and more importantly, his success with her, are directly related to the establishment of the X-Men. Jean was the template.

It's not about who he met first or when...it's about what led him to actually believe in founding a school for young mutants.

His work with not just dealing with Jean's trauma, her developing powers, and more importantly, his success with her, are directly related to the establishment of the X-Men. Jean was the template.
    Yeah, I'm a agree with this here theory.

If storm and jeqn are suppose to be the same age and storm was 8-10 when this happened whose to say he didn't help storm before helping Jean. If that is the case if not for his encounter with storm where he flat out says on panel that is where he first got the idea of helping young mutants Jean may never had gotten help from him.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Some mutants powers activate before puberty. Even in Ororo's origin story, when the plane hit her parents apartment building, she was blown away from them, which is why she wasn't crushed but they were. Could have been an assist from the Goddess, or could have been a subconscious activation of her powers.
    Yeah I remember that. I try to forget that whole storm mini that revisions her past as a12 year old having sex.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I don't think this can be laid at one specific issue, but tied to all of these things in concert.

- As established in X-Men Unlimited # 1, Charles knew even before encountering the Shadow King, that some things could only be accomplished by a team working together.

- As established in Uncanny X-Men #117, Charles meets the Shadow King and thinks, "****, dude was straight up evil! I better put more thought into how to get humans and mutants to live together peacefully, which includes protecting the world from evil mutants."

- As established Uncanny X-Men #240, Charles work with student Jean Grey was also important to him forming the X-Men. It seems that she served as sort of a template.

We can't be certain what would have happened without this these events.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

His interaction with Storm and Shadowking was responsible for his ideology to bring the mutant children together in peace, and protect humanity from evil mutants.
    But...It was Jean...as that Inferno page clearly states...that made him ee the importance of creating a fighting team...the X-Men to lead in that protection.

Lord Claremont is no liar.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!