Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    It's not about who he met first or when...it's about what led him to actually believe in founding a school for young mutants.

His work with not just dealing with Jean's trauma, her developing powers, and more importantly, his success with her, are directly related to the establishment of the X-Men. Jean was the template.
    That's all well and good, but the OP talks about Xavier's battle with Shadow King, and little Ororo was the catalyst for that event, which was the original source for Charles thinking someone had to be there to stop evil mutants. That's the seed origin for the X-Men, and it happened years before Jean and Charles met.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    It's not about who he met first or when...it's about what led him to actually believe in founding a school for young mutants.

His work with not just dealing with Jean's trauma, her developing powers, and more importantly, his success with her, are directly related to the establishment of the X-Men. Jean was the template.
    Jean may have been the template for him founding the school as his first student, yes, but his chance encounter with Ororo was the spark that lit the fire of his life mission of establishing a bulwark against the dark side of mutant power and its effect on their relationship with humanity. Both of these things are true.

Extraordinary Member

When Legion went back in time and accidentally killed Charles, was that before or after his run in with the Shadow King?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    If storm and jeqn are suppose to be the same age and storm was 8-10 when this happened whose to say he didn't help storm before helping Jean. If that is the case if not for his encounter with storm where he flat out says on panel that is where he first got the idea of helping young mutants Jean may never had gotten help from him.
    That's not what the panel says (if we're talking about the same thing)...he says bring together mankind and ITS mutant children...because mutants sprang forth from humanity.

And there's no need to speculate because Xavier says right there that he didn't realize ii was the same mutant until he met Ororo later on while researching the next group of X-men

There's nothing to my knowledge that shows Xavier working with Ororo pre-X-Men, but there's plenty showing him working with Jean, not just one on one training, but field work and research along with Moira

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The decision to "bring mutant children together" is not the same as "create the X-Men".
    They are obviously related ideologies but his decision to specifically Create the X-Men came later.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'll take Claremont's canon over Lobdell's any day.

yes yes yes!!! lobdell who???
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

What else needs to be said....?

Attachment 98746
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The decision to "bring mutant children together" is not the same as "create the X-Men".
    They are obviously related ideologies but his decision to specifically Create the X-Men came later.
    Yeah this...the concept of the X-Men as it was started is more specific than Xavier's general "dream of a peaceful coexistence between mutants and humans".

His public persona as merely a human expert on genetics, prior to Cassandra Nova "outting" him, promoted this dream all the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    When Legion went back in time and accidentally killed Charles, was that before or after his run in with the Shadow King?
    That's hard to say... In "Legion Quest" -- I always believed that when Legion traveled to the past and accidentally killed his father -- he arrived in the past somewhere around Uncanny X-Men #161 because that's Gabrielle Haller's first appearance. Let's see if I can place a pre-teen Ororo somewhere in that time period starting with Ororo - Before the Storm (2005).

Which lead me to rethink his origin -- Shadow King (Amahl Farouk) in the pages...
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-15-2020 at 04:40 PM.

BANNED

Last edited by Micabe; 07-15-2020 at 04:40 PM.

Incredible Member

Wasn't there a retcon that sage was charles first recruit?

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Yes, maybe...I can't remember if he met her before or after he got his legs crushed. I just remember he trained her at the same time he trained the original X-Men. Which I guess makes her the first X-Men he trained.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Sage meets Xavier after he is paralyzed by Lucifer (X-treme X-Men #44)...but is actually recruited around the same time as the O5, specifically Hank, as she mentions in X-treme X-Men #3

Similar time, just she was put on a spy track to infiltrated the Hellfire Club, rather than the "superhero" track

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Y’all are crazy. Everyone knows that it was Wolverine and Sabretooth who founded the X-men, thanks to this incredible series...

Attachment 98751

Ha.
    True to my contrary nature, I actually liked this series. Along with Bunncanny, it was one of the better books in the last decade for me. Not to say it wasn't VERY flawed. lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It was the beta idea for the X-men, it's very simple to jump from that to child soldiers.