Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    What accusations are false?
    Right? He just said the guy did a cover, which is factually true.

That Jae didn’t even know who CG was is kinda funny considering one of the defenses of comicsgate is “well how can we be racist if all these minorities are working on our stuff”. Makes me wonder how many are just tricked into doing some work for CG, so that they can gain “points” to cover up their racism/sexism.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Trust me, no one will be talking about tom king when DC Fandomme starts up. We'll be too distracted by all the big announcements.
    What, another Batman centric huge crossover that's going to change everything? I don't know, seems I might have seen that movie before...

Trust me, no one will be talking about tom king when DC Fandomme starts up. We'll be too distracted by all the big announcements.
    When will it starts, anyway ?

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I feel bad for Jae Lee. Poor guy can't even mourn his dead dog in peace because of one single Twitter comment. A special day ruined in less than 140 characters.
    I also don't understand why Tom King had to point out that Jae Lee isn't on Twitter. Why is that important? Jae Lee is on Instagram. Tom King is on Instagram. Tom King follows Jae Lee on Instagram.
    Tom King could have easily sent Jae Lee a private message and avoided all the drama.

And all that crap started because of a variant cover. This is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Sergard; 07-28-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    What accusations are false?
    King implied that Lee is part of a hate group.

Quote Originally Posted by randomideaguy View Post
    Right? He just said the guy did a cover, which is factually true.
    You know this isn't about technicalities. And he didn't "just say the guy did a cover." He insinuated Lee's association with a hate group, expressed his deep disappointment that Lee was hired, then totally disavowed Lee's work by saying the other cover was the only cover in his mind. Or did he not do that?

Incredible Member

Well he publicly apologized now. It's on his twitter. So there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I mean it took him long enough...
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    The comicsgaters in the replies acting like it validates them is what annoys me the most.

Incredible Member

The comicsgaters in the replies acting like it validates them is what annoys me the most.
    That was my point! His intention to denounce comicsgate is not something that should be ignored here, and yet now they get to crow about it.

At least if there's one thing we all seem to agree on is that King should've never made that initial tweet in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I mean it took him long enough...
    Better late than never. I like how everyone is acting as if World Peace has been achieved lol.

Little Industry....Big Drama
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    At least if there's one thing we all seem to agree on is that King should've never made that initial tweet in the first place.
    King is an attention whore. He loves being in the spotlight be it good or bad.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    YES YES YES

Because no one would have known about it until the book was up for FOC.

By then King could have said that has all be cleared up and moved on. Now he got the gators trying to get the book axed now.

Maybe if he had done all this behind closed doors-he would have discovered the creative teams don't decide on variant covers.

Some are already paid for art that can become covers that get tossed on a book.

Sometimes the artist doesn't even know. Larry Stoman did art for a book at After Shock called The Man who Fuped Time. That art became a variant cover for issue one. He didn't know about it until I showed the book at the last con he was at.

I mean how many books have we seen with Michael Turner's art as the variant? And he's been dead for 12 years.

Incredible Member

It is quite ironic that a man writing a rorschach book chose to see things as black and white. Not really in the spirit of Watchmen