Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    King should have quit a book he has been working on for months over a variant cover he didn't know about? I think just tweeting his discomfort with the cover was adequate enough.

But his career didn't end? You are getting mad about a scenario that didn't happen.
    "But your Honor I gave the money back, how can you charge me for theft!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Social media in general is nothing but a cancer upon human beings and feeds into narcissism and hate.
    Why are we all still on it then. I've deactivated my twitter twice before for the exact reasons you mention and still end up going back to it. Is it some odd addiction to all of that negativity.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Why are we all still on it then. I've deactivated my twitter twice before for the exact reasons you mention and still end up going back to it. Is it some odd addiction to all of that negativity.
    Schadenfruede.

We just can't turn away

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    "But your Honor I gave the money back, how can you charge me for theft!?"
    Yeah, there's no way King is even partially in the right here; in fact, he's the big villain in this one. Notice his walking that back was in the form of, "Well, he's not as much of a jerk as I thought, good on me!", rather than anything resembling an apology, much less a grovelling one like he should have made after that attempt at getting DC to cancel Lee. I wonder how long until reports of whatever he himself does go public?

And lets be fair, it was King, not social media. That just supplied the means, but the deed was already in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I feel like he should haven given a more sincere apology to Lee. I don’t know if anyone needs to lose their job over an overreaction/misunderstanding. The guy should probably think about spending some time away from twitter though. And yeah, maybe see a therapist.
    Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Yeah, there's no way King is even partially in the right here; in fact, he's the big villain in this one. Notice his walking that back was in the form of, "Well, he's not as much of a jerk as I thought, good on me!", rather than anything resembling an apology, much less a grovelling one like he should have made after that attempt at getting DC to cancel Lee. I wonder how long until reports of whatever he himself does go public?

And lets be fair, it was King, not social media. That just supplied the means, but the deed was already in his heart.
    You don't know what King said to Lee privately. Even Mitch Gerads mentioned in his reply to King's tweet admitting fault that he jumped through a number of hoops to get in contact with Lee to apologize. Just because it wasn't public doesn't mean he didn't show sincerity in his apology.

Yes, he should have sounded more sincere in his tweet since he was the one who made it public to begin with, but with today's era of "cancel culture" Lee's previous dealings with CG supporters would have come up in regards to this mini at some point anyway. King was trying to get ahead of ball on it, and instead the ball hit him in the face.

The platform isn't the problem it's the people. Even if they shut down Twitter everyone would just move to another platform and spew the same toxicity.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post

One day or another, it will happen, and by his "friends". these kinds of virtue-signalers they always eat their own.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Spectacular Member

Bleeding cool has a article up on Jae Lee's side of things. It really shows the negative impact that things like Twitter can have on someone. https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jae-...mments-section

King really needs to bend over backwards here to make it up to Jae Lee.

I'm not sure what he could do, but he needs to figure it out and do it. I like both guys' work. They need to settle this.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyxx1481 View Post
    Bleeding cool has a article up on Jae Lee's side of things. It really shows the negative impact that things like Twitter can have on someone. https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jae-...mments-section
    Wow. it's heartbreaking. Tom King is despicable. And he hasn't even deleted the original tweet. He thinks that he is invincible.
    Last edited by lordozone; 07-26-2020 at 09:05 AM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Ultimate Member

I don't do Twitter because it's a cesspool.
    Nor Instagram-a chamber of attention whores.
    I have facebook and barely use it-except for family and friends.

Now some folks do use those for business and work reasons.

King really needs to bend over backwards here to make it up to Jae Lee.
    I'm not sure what he could do, but he needs to figure it out and do it. I like both guys' work. They need to settle this.
    So basically Lee had to deal with the same mess Darwin Cooke's widow, Priest, Larry Hama, IDW and Dwayne McDuffie's widows had to put up with.

Maybe it's time to deal with the SOURCE of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    He thinks that he is invincible.
    How much distance did you get on that jump to conclusions?
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member

I wonder if there's a lawsuit in there? Either way, at this point, DC really has to fire King. After the Berganza thing among others, DC needs to do something that at least looks like they care about the behavior of their employees, contract or freelancer. And King needs to get some actual therapy; writing doesn't seem to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyxx1481 View Post
    The fact that he had to deal with all of this crap right after his dog passed away is just heartbreaking.

This ****ing guy King...

This was Despicable by King...with his Background, he 100% is aware what BS rumors can do and he threw it out there because he was unhappy with VARIANT Cover...

No More Tom King Comics for me. (his Batman run and HiC already SEVERELY Soured me on King, and if this is how he is off the page...easy decision)

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/07/26/ja...to-comicsgate/
    Last edited by gambit2051; 07-26-2020 at 10:39 AM. Reason: added link
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

I am not jumping on any kind of boycott of Tom King's comics any more than I was ever going to jump on any kind of boycott of Jae Lee's comics.

This isn't some kind of binary choice where I have to decide which person to angrily judge. I can just choose not to angrily judge anyone.

Tom King definitely screwed up. He got judgmental when he shouldn't have. He has made it very clear he knows he was in the wrong. He said he tried to patch things up with Jae Lee. I sure hope there was an apology involved in that discussion. Jae Lee sounds like he is still rightfully angry about the whole thing, but he says he is done with it and moving on. Tom King seems ready to move on.

I just want a lesson to be learned by comic creators and the fanbase, so that none of us act like this again.

If we can all agree to do that, I am perfectly happy to continue to support the work of Jae Lee and Tom King. Comicsgaters still get the stink-eye from me, though, because they earned it.