Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It's in that context because you're putting it in that context. I never once said that Lee's action was worse than King's or the opposite. All I said was that both parties were in the wrong.
    Which is implying that they are equally wrong. Which they aren’t. One made a mistake that would only hurt himself and another guy purposely tried to hurt someone’s career and life without double checking his info. Why would you feel the need to call Lee wrong if you didn’t mean they’re both equally wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Which is implying that they are equally wrong. Which they aren’t. One made a mistake that would only hurt himself and another guy purposely tried to hurt someone’s career and life without double checking his info. Why would you feel the need to call Lee wrong if you didn’t mean they’re both equally wrong?
    It's not implying they are equally wrong. It's stating both were wrong. Again, you're reading into things I never said and adding your own spin to it.

I called Lee wrong because he was wrong. Just like I called King wrong because what he did was wrong.

You're trying to make this out as me being anti-Lee and pro-King. I'm not. I've met both guys at different conventions. Have some signed comics from both of them. Both came off a genuinely nice guys. Both did things wrong here.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ellingham View Post
    If your standard for association is avoiding anyone that has ever been ignorant on any level, or wrong, or mistaken...then you're going to end up on an island alone - with no toys, no internet, no electronics, no people.

That's silly. We've all made mistakes. Of judgment. Of intent. Of ignorance. It's why I don't buy moral superiority from whoever might be selling it.
    That's just society, people have been canceled for less. This isn't about people as individuals, this is about the industry as a whole and having a career in it. No creator wants to connected with Comicsgate, its career suicide. That's why it's so perplexing why Jae isn't vetting his employers - if he did none of would be having this conversation, there would be no scandal. Jae tied himself to EVS and Comicsgate by doing a commission, all King did was point out the obvious.

BANNED

Wonder if King is taking a extended break from Twitter due to this fiasco. He hasn't posted anything this month last time I checked.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    So one is wrong because they didn't know all the facts but other isn't wrong because they didn't know all the facts. Nice double standard.
    Well it's not Lee's fault most of this CG stuff isn't common knowledge unless you're Twitter all the time like King.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Well it's not Lee's fault most of this CG stuff isn't common knowledge unless you're Twitter all the time like King.
    He had access to the internet, Google and DC Comics, the publisher most associated with EVS for years. He didn't need twitter to figure this out. Comicsgate also has had numerous articles in reputable sites like Bleeding Cool, Wikipedia, the Washington Post, Vulture and he goes to conventions where numerous people in the field know about or have been attacked by Comicsgate congregate. All you need to do is put "What is comics gate" in Google and you'll get sufficient material to know what it's about and get information to find people involved in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    He had access to the internet, Google and DC Comics, the publisher most associated with EVS for years. He didn't need twitter to figure this out. Comicsgate also has had numerous articles in reputable sites like Bleeding Cool, Wikipedia, the Washington Post, Vulture and he goes to conventions where numerous people in the field know about or have been attacked by Comicsgate congregate. All you need to do is put "What is comics gate" in Google and you'll get sufficient material to know what it's about and get information to find people involved in it.
    You make it sound as if comicsgate is talked about 24/7, with every single follower being public knowledge. This incident shows how irrelevant they are outside social media with King not knowing Lee wasn't a member until after his tweet.

Of all the problems plaguing the world, or even just the U.S, comicsgate isn't that big a deal, as heinous as they are.

I can't believe people still talking about this, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Some of you taking this way too personally like you were the ones who were wronged and let's be honest here, it's not really about Lee.

At the end of the day, it's between King and Lee and quite frankly it's none of your business whether there's currently a bad blood between them or not.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Given the fact that work by CGers and CG-adjacent creators are often boycotted or outright canceled, Lee’s “mistake” didn’t just impact him. It had ramifications for the careers of King and Fornes.

Extraordinary Member

Lee made no "mistake". He acted like a normal person, unlike King, who tried and failed to cancel Lee. There's only one bad guy in this, and it isn't Lee.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Lee made no "mistake". He acted like a normal person, unlike King, who tried and failed to cancel Lee. There's only one bad guy in this, and it isn't Lee.
    Correct, it's Ethan van Sciver.

Jae's not normal person, he's a comic artist who does commissions and doing a commission for controversial groups like Comicsgate is career suicide. His career lives or dies on not being affiliated with Comicsgate. So far Comicsgate has scored 1-0 on getting him to do work for them. It's only going to get worse if this happens again.

By Steel's logic, half of DC should be cancelled because they should've done their research and know that Eric Esquivel was grooming teenage girls.
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denkota View Post
    Wonder if King is taking a extended break from Twitter due to this fiasco. He hasn't posted anything this month last time I checked.
    Yeah, is he like never allowed to post again? Seriously, people need to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    By Steel's logic, half of DC should be cancelled because they should've done their research and know that Eric Esquivel was grooming teenage girls.
    No it’s not. Let’s stop pretending people shouldn’t take accountability for who they choose to work with. I think we’re long past ignorance or “it’s a job” as a blanket excuse in this day and age. Lee’s a professional in the industry. He should be aware of its going ons. If for no other reason then to protect himself from misconceptions and undesirable associations that can impact future work endeavors.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-08-2020 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    No it’s not. Let’s stop pretending people shouldn’t take accountability for who they choose to work with. I think we’re long past ignorance or “it’s a job” as a blanket excuse in this day and age. Lee’s a professional in the industry. He should be aware of its going ons. If for no other reason then to protect himself from misconceptions and undesirable associations that can impact future work endeavors.
    Do you honestly conduct social media background on everyone you interact with? As I mentioned, all this nonsense is with EVS is relegated on social media. If Lee did the cover in 2019, his co-workers in DC should've informed privately about the situation instead of slandering him publicly. Surprised, Lee didn't sue.
    "Cable was right!"