Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

The people I do business with, ya I check things out. It’s 2020. That “nonsense” carries professional power and influence. It would be reckless of me if I didn’t do that now a days. Social media is a part of the current professional landscape. I think that’s common knowledge at this point.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-08-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Do you honestly conduct social media background on everyone you interact with? As I mentioned, all this nonsense is with EVS is relegated on social media. If Lee did the cover in 2019, his co-workers in DC should've informed privately about the situation instead of slandering him publicly. Surprised, Lee didn't sue.
    Jae wasn't "interacting" with EVS, he was paid money for a cover commission which was then linked to Comicsgate by EVS. Is not nonesense to care about abuse and misogny in the comic industry. Did you read the tweets I quoted? Why do you think working for Comicsgate is career suicide? The implications about how Jae acts with his colleagues about the industry are murky, despite going to conventions and working with the people he's shown no incentive to ask them about things like this and when confronted with it being a bad career move he shuts the conversions own and Both Sides the subject. From the outside it looks like everyone ws caught off-guard by him doing a cover for EVS, no-one has aid they talked to each other about EVS before he did the cover. Jae has no case to sue, King's tweet was technically correct.

Comicsgate isn't just about twitter, its' like people think comic creaters and editors don't have email or talk to each other at conventions. All you need is Google to find about Comicsgate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Yeah, is he like never allowed to post again? Seriously, people need to move on.
    You wait and see. #TomKingshouldbeallowedtopostontwitter will be the next thing keyboard warriors will take up as their cause.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Jae wasn't "interacting" with EVS, he was paid money for a cover commission which was then linked to Comicsgate by EVS. Is not nonesense to care about abuse and misogny in the comic industry. Did you read the tweets I quoted? Why do you think working for Comicsgate is career suicide? The implications about how Jae acts with his colleagues about the industry are murky, despite going to conventions and working with the people he's shown no incentive to ask them about things like this and when confronted with it being a bad career move he shuts the conversions own and Both Sides the subject. From the outside it looks like everyone ws caught off-guard by him doing a cover for EVS, no-one has aid they talked to each other about EVS before he did the cover. Jae has no case to sue, King's tweet was technically correct.

Comicsgate isn't just about twitter, its' like people think comic creaters and editors don't have email or talk to each other at conventions. All you need is Google to find about Comicsgate.
    King's tweet wasn't correct because he implied Jae Lee did bad things to other people and his only "proof" was that he did a job for someone he knew. That's still libel. Since King is always monitoring what these CGers do, he still had enough time to talk to Jae Lee privately about it. It's obvious Lee may have been oblivious to CG since he's known EVS for ages.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    King's tweet wasn't correct because he implied Jae Lee did bad things to other people and his only "proof" was that he did a job for someone he knew. That's still libel. Since King is always monitoring what these CGers do, he still had enough time to talk to Jae Lee privately about it. It's obvious Lee may have been oblivious to CG since he's known EVS for ages.
    All King said was that Jae Lee did work for EVS, which is true. How he went about it was wrong, he should have contacted Jae first. Jae being oblivious doesn't absolve him of anything, this was inevitable. Being oblivious won't stop Jae Lee's career getting destroying for not vetting his contactors, especially in today's environment. Next time it might not be King saying something or Comicsgate, there are numerous people who would hurt him by association simply by working with them. He does a cover for Warren Ellis now his career is going to take a hit, for example.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/dc-fan...ences-watchmen

More details on King's upcoming Rorschach series.

Spectacular Member

Any thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    Any thoughts on this?
    It's king. It's a mini series, it may be good. Still haven't read issue one yet. Fully expected at least one panel of Rorschach with a razor blade cutting himself. Rinse and repeat with king...

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think both of these creators are a perfect fit for this character, but I really wish DC would leave Watchmen alone.

They got lucky with the HBO show, but everything else has been pretty $%*&
    Personally liked before watchmen materials...

Liked Snyders watchmen movie, even though tonely and characterization is way different.

Couldnt get past the second episode of the hbo watchmen... maybe one day Ill try again.

I enjoyed doomsday clock for the story it was...

Personally I'm excited, Tom King has a unique voice in comics.