Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Rorschach Maxiseries announced: Tom King and Jorge Fornes.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/0...ts-rorschach-1

Set 35 years after the classic Watchmen book.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think both of these creators are a perfect fit for this character, but I really wish DC would leave Watchmen alone.

They got lucky with the HBO show, but everything else has been pretty $%*&

Um, I haven't been keeping up with the big event stuff, is Rorschach not dead now?

Incredible Member

My love of all things King, and my enjoyment of Fornes work is seriously conflicting with my Watchmen burnout.

I guess DC said **** it after Doomsday Clock and the TV series huh? Watchman’s sacred cow status is completely over. That’s fine with me, Moore’s original work will always stand on its own two feet, these can’t ruin that work anymore than Before Watchman did. I don’t think I’ll be buying this unless I hear it’s utterly amazing though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Um, I haven't been keeping up with the big event stuff, is Rorschach not dead now?
    Original Rorschach is still dead, but Rorschach II is still alive. However this could be someone new merely appropriating the mantle.

Astonishing Member

This is a stupid idea, why can't dc just leave watchman alone

Yeah I'm personally interested to see if this is the same Rorschach from Doomsday Clock, or someone new. Granted that character was in the 90's of his world so it is entirely possible it is someone new.

Personally though, I honestly would have preferred a series about Clark, the boy that Manhattan left behind in the hopes that he would grow up and become that worlds Superman. I want to know what happened with him over Rorschach.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I wouldn't have assumed I would want more Rorschach comics, but with Tom King writing, I am all in.

We're not done with Watchmen?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We're not done with Watchmen?
    Yes, I think we're done with Watchmen. DC and some fans aren't though.

On the one hand, it's Tom King, so this take is likely to be, um, tortured?
    On the other hand, it's not original-school Rorschach, so have at it?
    On the third hand, I worry that Mr. King may have fists of ham when it comes to political allegories.
    On the fourth hand, I'm all Watchmened out right now anyway, so who cares?

It DOES look pretty, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom King QUOTE from article
    "Like the HBO Watchmen show and very much like the original '86 Watchmen, this is a very political work. It’s an angry work. We’re so angry all the time now. We have to do something with that anger. It’s called Rorschach not because of the character Rorschach, but because what you see in these characters tells you more about yourself than about them."
    "We're" so angry? Sigh, I'm going to assume that Tom King spends too much time on social media. Just because Tom King is getting into fights with D-list celebrities on Twitter doesn't mean we are all as angry as he is.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 07-15-2020 at 10:25 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    "We're" so angry? Sigh, I'm going to assume that Tom King spends too much time on social media. Just because Tom King is getting into fights with D-list celebrities on Twitter doesn't mean we are all as angry as he is.
    He's talking about the world in general. People aren't exactly dancing together in circles right now.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Tom King is a winner in my book so I'm actually excited about this.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

is it going to follow Reggie Long? probably not. so why would I read this? I probably won't. I'm fine being wrong but something tells me King and DC are not going to cover the concept of Rorschach, and the topics that he entails, with any real depth or do anything with this worth reading. After the mediocrity of Doomsday Clock, I'm kinda over DC's Watchmen clout-chasing.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 07-15-2020 at 04:12 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."