Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Then why are people calling it a “false accusation" and misdirecting the insinuations that come from doing that. This is why I’m confused.
    Because King implied that Lee is part of a hate group, this was explained to you couple of times already yet you start again from this position. You are not confused, you are trying to make it look like Lee was in wrong here and King is good guy.

But you don’t explain it, it just keeps being repeated as if that makes it true. Same with “false accusations”. Ignoring that doing work for CG is what actually implies that.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-28-2020 at 11:06 PM.

It was already explained by multiple posters over last few pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ignoring that doing work for CG is what actually implies that.
    And the part that he doesn't do work for them anymore implies what?

Firstly, can we stop saying that Lee "did work for a hate group?" That's not an actual fact, if you want to focus on facts. Comicsgate didn't hire him.

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    What an absolutely unnecessary episode this has been. King is a great writer and Lee is a great artist. How a great artist creating a variant cover for a great writers new book evolved into the issue this has become is beyond stupid.

King tried to virtue signal a bit too hard didn't do his research and risked the career of a man he didn't even have the decency to reach out to. Jae Lee drew a variant cover for a group that he probably didn't do his full research on and by default ends up appearing to endorse some issues he probably doesn't believe in. Both messed up but King is more at fault because he wanted to play "white Knight" and ended up looking like Don Quixote fighting windmills instead. All he had to do was reach out to Lee instead he dragged him publicly to make himself look like a "hero" What is amazing to me is how King and many in the comics industry feel that they have the moral authority to call out anyone even loosely associated with cg. CG is full of idiots but a bunch of writers who all happily did or work for companies like disney, warner brothers and have their stuff sold on amazon, have no room to talk. Look deep enough at any of the larger business behind these comic companies and you will find employment practices, harassment and mistreatment of workers suits against those companies that make your skin crawl. Does associate with those companies mean that the writers by association are guilty of these infractions as well? Lee is an artist who took a job in during a rough economy in an industry that is facing all kinds of challenges. Unless the people criticizing him are consistent and refuse to do any business with any company that violates any standard of fair treatment then they have no room to talk or judge. Now if Jae Lee was fully associated with CG and made offensive statements and things such as that there may be a point to be made here but again all anyone had to do was ask Lee about it and instead of doing that everyone is in such a rush to look like a hero on twitter that they end up almost destroying someone's career.

We have all become so obsessed with dealing with everything in absolutes and blaming anyone who is even loosely associated with anything we disagree with as "evil". How about we judge people by their actions, words, deeds and the way they treat people rather than trying to destroy and cancel anyone who is even loosely associated with people we don't agree with.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Firstly, can we stop saying that Lee "did work for a hate group?" That's not an actual fact, if you want to focus on facts. Comicsgate didn't hire him.
    EVS did, the current leader of Comicsgate, a hate group. Who then made a tweet connecting Jae's cover he commissioned for Cyberfrog with the #Comicsgate hashtag.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    EVS did, the current leader of Comicsgate, a hate group. Who then made a tweet connecting Jae's cover he commissioned for Cyberfrog with the #Comicsgate hashtag.
    Exactly. So it's not like Lee cashed a check from Comicsgate without bothering to know what they were. His association with them in the first place was tenuous at best.

Also, is EVS actually the official "leader?" I hadn't heard about that until this whole story brought them into the spotlight again.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    And for anyone who thinks King didn’t screw up badly....

Attachment 99207
    Ok, he finally apologized and took down those tweets, it's over, we can move on. He screwed up, and I hope (but I doubt it) that it will be a lesson for all these writers who are virtue-signaling on twitter.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Getting back to the OP (and completely ignoring the gross inanities)

Rorschach better be a fucking Nobel-prize winning piece of literature...just saying.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Exactly. So it's not like Lee cashed a check from Comicsgate without bothering to know what they were. His association with them in the first place was tenuous at best.

Also, is EVS actually the official "leader?" I hadn't heard about that until this whole story brought them into the spotlight again.
    I think most people see EVS as the figurehead, because he is the most prominent figure in comicsgate and is actually a well known name in the comics industry.

Astonishing Member

Its as close as someone can get without being an offical member, which in itself is a career ender. This is why Jae was freaking out about the implications King bought up, any positive association with Comicsgate is radioactive in the industry. He didn't need to to be part of the movement officially, all the movement needed was EVS to signal Jae was ok doing a cover for him and linking the cover with Comicsgate via hashtag. Comicsgate will take anyone famous to boost their signal, even if it was just a cash job. They lose nothing by doing this, all they do is gain publicity and positive reinforcement within their movement. That's why its insidious and needs to be stamped out ASAP.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Getting back to the OP (and completely ignoring the gross inanities)

Rorschach better be a fucking Nobel-prize winning piece of literature...just saying.
    Watchmen was a great read and intended by its creators to be standalone. I love Rorschach and won't pick up King's version or Doomsday Clock. The creator doesn't want me to and the world of literature is full of other (maybe better) comics and books I can enjoy. Things end. I need more unauthorized sequels to Alan Moore's characters like I need another Robocop movie. Or a hole in my head. Not playing by DC's rules anymore.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 07-29-2020 at 05:51 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm not buying/reading it either.
    Even after the utter rubbish that was the Flash/PTSD nonsense I would have still given him the benefit of the doubt...good writers don't always produce quality product consistently.

But his recent displays of poor judgement and character has really turned me away from anything and everything to which he might be attached.
    That, and the fact that I personally thought the original Watchmen was BaF...and those characters never interested me as they do other readers.

I was more looking forward to his Cat/Bat but now...
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-29-2020 at 06:26 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Its as close as someone can get without being an offical member, which in itself is a career ender. This is why Jae was freaking out about the implications King bought up, any positive association with Comicsgate is radioactive in the industry. He didn't need to to be part of the movement officially, all the movement needed was EVS to signal Jae was ok doing a cover for him and linking the cover with Comicsgate via hashtag. Comicsgate will take anyone famous to boost their signal, even if it was just a cash job. They lose nothing by doing this, all they do is gain publicity and positive reinforcement within their movement. That's why its insidious and needs to be stamped out ASAP.
    And how is blaming Lee for this fiasco and getting him labeled a Comicsgate supporter going to do that? This is the exact type of incident they can use to make their opposition look the bad guys in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Jae Lee had nothing to learn since he stopped working with CG before this mess happened.
    Good for Jae Lee, though, the issue here is that he didn't seem to make this sentiment public. How are we suppose to know Jae Lee had actually been declining work from CGers if he never told us?

This was always going to be an issue with Jae Lee, if Tom King didn't bring it up someone else would have eventually. Tom King was merely using what was available in the public record to come to a conclusion, even if he was wrong, his line of thought wasn't.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut