Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Especially since I didn't read the first two.

But it was Seeley with King on Grayson if I'm not mistaken ? And from his Nightwing run, I feel like most of the positive outlook in this series came from him.
    My bad on misattributing Seeley's work to Tynion.

Tom King tweets "deep disappointment" with DC over a Jae Lee Rorschach #1 variant cover

Damn, I didn’t know Jae Lee was associated with Comicsgate. That’s super disappointing to hear.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I'm extremely demoralized by the news. We need to build bridges not push people away. We need to have dialogue and discussion not condemnation. Both sides have done and said awful things, but there is nothing to gain from trying to demonize the other party. Single out the instances of bad behaviour, but don't put everyone in the same camp.

I just can't understand why every speck of life needs to be politicized.

Yeah, Bleeding Cool are reporting Jae Lee didn't know what Comicsgate was until recently and has since been turning down their requests for covers,
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/tom-...cover-jae-lee/

King kinda jumped the gun on this one
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Yeah, Bleeding Cool are reporting Jae Lee didn't know what Comicsgate was until recently and has since been turning down their requests for covers,
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/tom-...cover-jae-lee/

King kinda jumped the gun on this one
    I think this says more about King than Lee.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Because you factions of folks who can not understand the simple concept of people actual being HIRED based on skills and talent.

Because you have factions of folks who think EVERYTHING has to be marketed and pandered to them-no matter what.

Because you have factions of folks who believe in gate keeping based on race, sex and gender.

That faction is mad because they get called out for their behavior but the BEHAVIOR by them causes it.

I think this says more about King than Lee.
    Lee is on record with saying he's not online a lot and when he learned about that group he stopped doing stuff for them.

King should have went to him before saying anything.

However someone else would have made an issue of it.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because you factions of folks who can not understand the simple concept of people actual being HIRED based on skills and talent.

Because you have factions of folks who think EVERYTHING has to be marketed and pandered to them-no matter what.

Because you have factions of folks who believe in gate keeping based on race, sex and gender.

That faction is mad because they get called out for their behavior but the BEHAVIOR by them causes it.
    What behaviour, King literally tried to cancel a fellow creator without apparently knowing any of the facts. He's the one who comes off as the entitled prejudicial aggressor here.

Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

I think in general people should be very cautious whenever they post something on twitter.

Very poor look on King for using his platform and audience to smear a creator like that before really understanding the situation. A minority creator too in a business where work can be inconsistent. Just very irresponsible of him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think in general people should be very cautious whenever they post something on twitter.
    Honestly, I think the best policy is to stay off Twitter altogether. But the issue here IMO is that King just couldn't wait to cancel the guy. An "Oh, he's not quite the monster I described" tweet later to me just shows he's sensitive to being caught, not that he has any remorse for doing it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Me on the first page of this thread
    "We're" so angry? Sigh, I'm going to assume that Tom King spends too much time on social media. Just because Tom King is getting into fights with D-list celebrities on Twitter doesn't mean we are all as angry as he is.
    Nailed it. Tom King spends way too much time on Twitter picking fights. Dude was so desperate to score some points he almost beheaded a minority creator. This coming from the guy who said...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom King quote describing his upcoming work
    "Like the HBO Watchmen show and very much like the original '86 Watchmen, this is a very political work. It’s an angry work. We’re so angry all the time now. We have to do something with that anger. It’s called Rorschach not because of the character Rorschach, but because what you see in these characters tells you more about yourself than about them."
    The only person that seems angry is Tom King, combine that with the hubris and self-righteousness and it gets ugly quick.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 07-24-2020 at 07:17 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I love King, but here he showed his full ass.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Life is politics. Comics have been political since the beginning. Not sure why you'd be surprised.
    Last edited by Dred; 07-24-2020 at 07:49 PM.