Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

You’d think an ex-CIA would do a little intel work, maybe reach out to Jae, before dumping on him on social media. Bad move.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    YouÂ’d think an ex-CIA would do a little intel work, maybe reach out to Jae, before dumping on him on social media. Bad move.
    CIA dude going after someone on bad intel? Shocking!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You’d think an ex-CIA would do a little intel work, maybe reach out to Jae, before dumping on him on social media. Bad move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    CIA dude going after someone on bad intel? Shocking!
    You two are overlooking the possibility that it was an intentional bit to clean up an artist's mildly tarnished rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Life is politics. Comics have been political since the beginning. Not sure why you'd be surprised.
    By all means, if that's how you view life, more power to you. I certainly don't need something as absurd as a writer turning a variant cover into a political issue without even knowing the facts. Comics often having political subtext isn't the same as a creator trying to cancel another creator for wrongthink, which turned out to not even be wrongthink when Lee had no clue what comicsgate even was.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-25-2020 at 01:04 AM.

Mighty Member

I like his books, but what he did there was shameful. Pure virtue-signaling. He almost destroyed the career of a great artist for nothing, just to prove that he is one of the good guys. These writers need to spend less time on twitter.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I don't think what King did was that bad, he clearly wanted to disavow himself from a known hate group that targets minority's and mocks diversity. It's best to call out bigotry.

Incredible Member

Who likes Alan Moores writing and thinks oh yeah just write more of his stuff because thats what he was all about.

I wish DC would move on from Alan Moore. It feels like every day someone sheds a tear in the office thats hes gone while a no-mark somewhere else in the office is thinking..hmm. yeah the horse is dead but what if.... it were a zombie horse.

I cannot believe ex cia is following up a story by a man who wrote an expose of Cia history. You couldnt make it up
    Last edited by iron chimp; 07-25-2020 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I can kinda understand Korath's frustrations, though. Any goodwill gained from The Vision, Omega Men, and/or Grayson (and how much of Grayson's positive influences were King's or Tynion's has been questioned before) has likely been thoroughly squandered and lost with Batman and Heroes in Crisis.
    Batman was the big failure to me. Heroes in Crisis always felt like a mistake no matter what he was gonna do but Batman could've worked alot better.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I don't think what King did was that bad, he clearly wanted to disavow himself from a known hate group that targets minority's and mocks diversity. It's best to call out bigotry.
    He can call out bigotry all he wants, the question is why did he throw Lee under the bus without even bothering to do the smallest bit of research first. Not only he made an ass of himself, but almost got an innocent man canceled for literally no reason at all. How long are people like this going to keep doing nonsense like that without being held accountable for it. You can't falsely accuse someone of spreading hate and get away with it.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-25-2020 at 09:37 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    He can call out bigotry all he wants, the question is why did he throw Lee under the bus without even bothering to do the smallest bit of research first. Not only he made an ass of himself, but almost got an innocent man canceled for literally no reason at all. How long are people like this going to keep doing nonsense like that without being held accountable for it. You can't falsely accuse someone of spreading hate and get away with it.
    Couldn't have said it better.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously!

He's a grown-ass man acting like some Fauke teenager trying to earn his Moral/Integrity badge but going about it the wrong way. That **** don't fly with me, at all.
    I'm holding him accountable...he's "cancelled" in my books.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

All King said was 'Jae Lee, who has also done covers for comicsgate, a hate group." That's not accusing him of spreading hate, just saying he worked with a hate group. I'm glad it seems he somehow didn't know, but it's still good on King to call out that he isn't fine with working with someone from the group.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    All King said was 'Jae Lee, who has also done covers for comicsgate, a hate group." That's not accusing him of spreading hate, just saying he worked with a hate group. I'm glad it seems he somehow didn't know, but it's still good on King to call out that he isn't fine with working with someone from the group.
    Just because Lee did covers does not mean he's part of the group. King made an attempt to cancel him for *then* fact checked after Bleeding Cool corrected him. King made a judgement call and it was the wrong one by 'shooting first and asking questions later' so to speak
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Just because Lee did covers does not mean he's part of the group. King made an attempt to cancel him for *then* fact checked after Bleeding Cool corrected him. King made a judgement call and it was the wrong one by 'shooting first and asking questions later' so to speak
    No one accussed Lee of being part of the group, it's just him being guilty by association. It's great Lee actually did not know what comicsgate actually was and isn't doing future work with them, but in such a tough politcal climate it's good to call out this type of thing. And honestly, maybe this made other writers and artists who aware of what comics gate is if they didn't know yet and now they will also steer clear. And that is a good thing.

Being mad at "cancel culture" and then going around cancelling someone for it is a bit ironic, eh?

That being said, what King did wasn't nice and he should have talked to Lee first before making assumption and sharing it with the public.

Also, I seriously wish for Twitter to be closed down already. That platform created far more drama than its worth.
    Last edited by Rise; 07-25-2020 at 11:10 AM.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie