Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I'm not sure Erik has even been shown to have a single sexual urge since Age Of Apocalypse (and that version was gross with his huge anime mullet) apart from Briar Raleigh. Clearly Erik's kink is crippled flatscans, which maybe is the only perversion he can't openly explore in the brave new world of Krakoa.
    Rogneto during Utopia was hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I'm not sure Erik has even been shown to have a single sexual urge since Age Of Apocalypse (and that version was gross with his huge anime mullet) apart from Briar Raleigh. Clearly Erik's kink is crippled flatscans, which maybe is the only perversion he can't openly explore in the brave new world of Krakoa.
    I mean there are umpteen telepaths within 2 block radius, I'm sure he could always find somebody to roleplay any kink he wants.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority who dug this issue. obviously X-Factor and X-men are the important, must read, serious stories but I like these little showcases with smaller less important stories. I love seeing this toned down regal Magneto, love seeing him interacting with Emma, all my Krakoan homies feel like they living their best life and I love to see it. I didn't expect Namor, even thought he's on the cast page, and he still being an uppity bitch a little bit (it's Namor tho, what do you expect) but I think Krakoa's slowly winning him over. when Magneto lifted that ship? beautiful. the Storm issue still the best one, then this one, then the Nightcrawler one; the Nightcrawler one didn't grab my attention and I haven't given it another chance yet.
    Same here.
    I absolutely LOVED it! I do appreciate when characters are written three-dimensionally and other than "one-note". And I thought the art was really beauty-full, overall.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    We were this close to Emma and Erik going shopping together at the bondage store.
    "Emma, Charles and I are having some problems in the bedroom keeping things exciting do you have any ideas?"

"Well Darling, I know this perfect shop in London that I can take you too, I am sure you will find the merchandise delightful!"
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

The issue wasn't bad just dull. The art was uninspired for an art featured issue. Not worth $4.99.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think that the island being an embassy sounds about right. So they can invite humans there without having them step on the main island for security reasons. She'll probably use it for the gala though.

Apparently magnetism comes with architecture, engineering and design skills lol.
    I agree with above, and in my twisted mind I think at said Gala is when the new Nimrod being built by Orchis appears and shit begins

All these Giant Size issues have been very disappointing. I still don't see how all of these are connected just yet. It's unfortunate. With the lack of X books currently due to Covid, it just makes mediocre books harder to deal with. At least in the past the glut of releases made it seem like not such a big deal if an issue was underwhelming.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    All these Giant Size issues have been very disappointing. I still don't see how all of these are connected just yet. It's unfortunate. With the lack of X books currently due to Covid, it just makes mediocre books harder to deal with. At least in the past the glut of releases made it seem like not such a big deal if an issue was underwhelming.
    here's to hoping storms isnt a let down.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    here's to hoping storms isnt a let down.
    Same. I was pumped when hers was announced, but now I am lowering my expectations, cause none of these have been exceptional.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Same. I was pumped when hers was announced, but now I am lowering my expectations, cause none of these have been exceptional.
    I totally understand your sentiment.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Crazy how a bunch of covers released today got fans infinitely more excited and engaged than this Giant Size issue.

This wasn't horrible, but it wasn't very exciting either. Almost a filler issue. Between this and Nightcrawler's, I'm not so sure Hickman is going to be able to do much in Storm's. The Emma/Jean issue had very pretty art, but the story was very thin. If Storm's story is very interesting and it has the slick art, it might end up being the best of these, but the track record at this rate is not encouraging.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Maybe something will show up by the end, but I think the "connective tissue" comment was more of an excuse to justify making these oneshots while denying additional oneshots focused on other characters, particularly characters with a great need for at least a oneshot. It's easier to dismiss calls for other oneshots with "Oh, these oneshots are serving a special overarching purpose between them, if we did more oneshots then they would need to have a connecting purpose and the characters used would have to fit within that purpose."
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Maybe something will show up by the end, but I think the "connective tissue" comment was more of an excuse to justify making these oneshots while denying additional oneshots focused on other characters, particularly characters with a great need for at least a oneshot. It's easier to dismiss calls for other oneshots with "Oh, these oneshots are serving a special overarching purpose between them, if we did more oneshots then they would need to have a connecting purpose and the characters used would have to fit within that purpose."
    Hickman said since the beginning that the main purpose was to showcase artists, and let them have some freedom. And that before it became Giant-Size it was gonna be him doing annuals of the other books.

They don't need an elaborated plan to justify not giving Polaris a one-shot because they're afraid you're gonna call them out or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Hickman said since the beginning that the main purpose was to showcase artists, and let them have some freedom. And that before it became Giant-Size it was gonna be him doing annuals of the other books.

They don't need an elaborated plan to justify not giving Polaris a one-shot because they're afraid you're gonna call them out or something.
    I'm well aware of where your angle lies, thanks anyway.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)