Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should Circe be more like Cersei?

Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    No, Circe should be the ultimate wild card launching world domination schemes, randomly messing with or helping heroes and villains on a whim because she can.

Yea. I like Circe more when she just wants to mess with others. Sure she hates Diana mainly because her mother locked her away and then Diana should also stop her. But Circe should be a bit of a diva

No, why should she be? They have nothing in common besides the pronunciation of their names.

No, but thinking on it her actress from the show would probably make a good Circe if she shows up in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No, why should she be? They have nothing in common besides the pronunciation of their names.
    Lying and manipulating behavior. Grasping for as much power as possible. Over protective of their children. Attacking anyone would take power away from them. Scary from mere presence. Heavy drinking. Wild and unpredictable behavior when pushed to the edge. Educated. Often underestimated by other villains. Small moments of humanity and sympathy. Potential to be the greatest threat in any situation. Always gets their way.

Well, Circe only had a child once with Ares. So useless we go back to this it's questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Well, Circe only had a child once with Ares. So useless we go back to this it's questionable.
    I would bring Lyta back, yes.

If we include Greek myths then there's several. How are they still alive? magic? I'mma go with magic.

I’d like to see her back also, thought she had some interesting potential as Circe’s and Ares’ daughter and added an interesting wrinkle to Circe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I’d like to see her back also, thought she had some interesting potential as Circe’s and Ares’ daughter and added an interesting wrinkle to Circe.
    I loved how Circe hated that the amazons treated Lyta as an equal rather than a superior. Shows you her more narcissistic and vain side, that she and her child should be held above that of everyone else.

I loved how Circe hated that the amazons treated Lyta as an equal rather than a superior. Shows you her more narcissistic and vain side, that she and her child should be held above that of everyone else.
    It's the classic "you're mortals and I'm better than you" way of thinking you see in Greek myths a lot.

I really wish the writers would use Lyta's older (half-)siblings from the myths though. A fight over custody would be more interesting if it's not just WW vs Circe. It'd also show that the idea that Lyta's obviously better off living with them is arrogant presumption.

In the myths, Circe turned men into animals. So maybe at first, that's how she stayed youthful. However, in other myths, she is the daughter of Hestia. She met the Amazons they were cool. She taught them magic. Some amazons could do spells. I do think some amazons should really be able to do magic. However, she kept doing things to far. Hippoltya sealed her away. There she became bitter. There is another idea. That she along with Ares were sealed on the Island. I had a idea that the doom gate could also be a prison for gods.

AmiMizuno, please read up a bit, before you get nearly everything about Circe wrong.

Yes, she turned men into animals. Men who annoyed and harassed her and her island.

Hestia is one of the three virgin goddesses of Greek mythology, and doesn't have any kid in any myth. In myth, Circe is most often the daughter of Helios and Perseis. There is also no relation in-myth between Circe and the Amazons. That doesn't mean that such a narrative can't be crafted, but then it needs support in-story in Wonder Woman in a way that hasn't been done yet.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    AmiMizuno, please read up a bit, before you get nearly everything about Circe wrong.

Yes, she turned men into animals. Men who annoyed and harassed her and her island.

Hestia is one of the three virgin goddesses of Greek mythology, and doesn't have any kid in any myth. In myth, Circe is most often the daughter of Helios and Perseis. There is also no relation in-myth between Circe and the Amazons. That doesn't mean that such a narrative can't be crafted, but then it needs support in-story in Wonder Woman in a way that hasn't been done yet.
    As I understand the NEW JLD origin, after re-reading it, ..she was a very young, brilliant, celebrated princess of Colchis and stateswoman, with NO apparent magic powers, ..whose beauty and intelligence (or "radiance") was attributed to a myth: her paternity, by male sun god, Helios. Being a poor Greek nation, Colchis's elders bullied Circe into marrying a wealthy king, ..who abuses her. When Circe murdered him, the Colchistines turned on her, ..calling her a witch! They drive her out of Greece and into the Underworld, where she persuades Hecate to teach her REAL MAGIC! With it, she returns to Colchis and destroys the cowardly, desperate people, who betrayed her.

Circe is the Wonder-rogue, who deserves her revenge. Had she been BORN a sorceress, Circe would have used her magic to kill her abusive husband.

She makes a lot more sense, now that her story is told to us, as a myth, within the narrative.

Last edited by Mel Dyer; 08-02-2020 at 11:29 PM. Reason: clarity
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!