Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Movies That Had A Good Plot But Poor Execution

Name a film where the plot seemed interesting and good but the movie sucked due to poor execution.

I Am Number Four

I am number four had an interesting plot from the trailers but the movie was SO bad.

Avatar should have never had m.night shymalan as director

Justice League.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Justice League.

I knew this one would come up. Hopefully no one brings up a controversial film and it derails the thread.

I feel like Avatar was just too much content for one film. Yeah you can cut out all of the fluff/filler episodes and condense things greatly, but I feel as if you’d still be left with one meaty “movie”.

A high quality mini-series could have been so much better, with 3-4 episodes dedicated for each “book”.

Extraordinary Member

I think the plot of Green Lantern would've made a fantastic 12-part "Green Lantern - Year One" comic or TPB.

It just didn't resonate very well in a film.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I think the plot of Green Lantern would've made a fantastic 12-part "Green Lantern - Year One" comic or TPB.

It just didn't resonate very well in a film.
    GL could have stood breaking up into 2 or 3 films. Something more Earth-Grounded to start with something more cosmic to follow. They were just REALLY eager to get to Sinestro (which I thought Mark Strong did quite nicely).

Incredible Member

Hancock was another poorly executed film.

Immortal Engines

King Arthur.

Fantastic Beasts are trying to tell two seperate stories (the newt one and the fight against grindelwald) and haven't found away to to use one to tell the other.

I like Daredevil (03) but it shouldn't have started with Elektra dying. They should have had a year one style film where he's fighting the owl or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Hancock was another poorly executed film.

Immortal Engines

King Arthur.
    Don't you mean "Mortal Engines? Actually liked that movie and don't really get why it failed.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Don't you mean "Mortal Engines? Actually liked that movie and don't really get why it failed.
    Yeah my bad I meant Mortal Engines. I heard from some friends though that the books were good and told the story better. Apparently there are multiple books and a possible sequel could have been made if it wasn't poorly executed and performed badly at the box office.

Astonishing Member

Artemis Fowl and Star Trek: Nemesis.

BANNED

The Twilight Saga.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Artemis Fowl and Star Trek: Nemesis.
    Haven't watched Artemis Fowl yet, but it seemed promising from the trailers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Because the main character was f**king useless, not moving the plot along but being swept up by it. To say nothing of all the cliches jammed in it.

I wanted to like it, but damn...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I feel like Avatar was just too much content for one film. Yeah you can cut out all of the fluff/filler episodes and condense things greatly, but I feel as if you’d still be left with one meaty “movie”.

A high quality mini-series could have been so much better, with 3-4 episodes dedicated for each “book”.
    You'll be happy to know that Netflix is making a live action airbender series and the creators of the original animation will serve as the showrunners.