Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Which Superboy/Robin pairing do you prefer?

Which pair of the boy version of the world's finest do you find more to your liking? The Conner/Tim pairing that was together for the longest time or the comparatively newer Super Sons duo? For me both have their appeal but perhaps veer slightly in favor of the former twosome. Anyway which combo do you prefer?

Jason Todd/Bizarro, definitively.

In all seriousness, I don't like the Supersons, I really don't like how it always put Damian in a comedic light while doing nothing for its character, and since I've never liked the original YJ run with Conner and Tim... I can't really answer that, beyond the fact that the black sheep of the families are definitively awesome together.

Fantastic Member

I prefer the Jason and Bizarro pairing the most. While, I like the Supersons a lot Damian is such a social chameleon that the personality he has with Jon is often different than how he is in other books. So, I think people who just read Supersons can find him to be jarring in other titles. Jason on the other hand is the same regardless of who is teamed up with the vast majority of the time.

My favorite are probably the supersons, though I do like Jason and Bizarro too. I guess Tim and Conner have never really interested me as much as the others.

Amazing Member

Kon and Tim are my favorite one, all their interactions, how they helped each other, how they became friends which felt natural, I hated when Kon was killed and Tim really took it hard, it seemed DC was making Tim as miserable as they could at that time. Obviously I'm talking Pre-52, in 52 Superboy wasn't even himself as everyone in the core four really. The true Superboy is back with YJ and Tim and he are back to be best friends, with Bart too. Pure genuine friendship.

Tim and Conner. Such a long standing friendship. Add on top of it the YJ4 friendship, these characters belong together.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Kara and Steph. DC seldom makes girl-girl friendship without overused drama or love triangle so this friendship pairing is my favorite. About between Tim-Kon or Damian-Jon, usually I like both of them at the same measure, but because recently I've enjoyed Dead Planet and I don't like how Bendis writes YJ, so now I'm more biased to Damian-Jon.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 07-16-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Tim and Conner. Such a long standing friendship. Add on top of it the YJ4 friendship, these characters belong together.
    Seconded, QFT, hear hear.

Tie between the Super Sons and the boys of the Outlaws.

I don't have anything against Conner and Tim, just that Tim is kind of "there" for me. And Conner... I like him in Young Justice animated series, and what little he's been in Titans, but otherwise, neutral with him too.

The supersons though i do have a soft spot for the originals who started it all Dick and Jimmy

Is a toss out between Tim/Kom and Jon/Damian, i like both for different reasons.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Conner and Tim. Honestly I've always been more indifferent to it than anything else, I was always more interested in seeing Conner develop stronger dynamics within the Super family, but it wins by default because I hate Jon and have grown to dislike Damian.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-16-2020 at 02:49 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Jimmy Olsen and Dick Grayson, 100%

The current SUPERSONS thing has totally hijacked Damien, an actual interesting character, to prop up Jon who is barely a character. I miss ROBIN, SON OF BATMAN, that's the last time the character read anything like the character Grant Morrison created.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Jimmy Olsen and Dick Grayson, 100%

The current SUPERSONS thing has totally hijacked Damien, an actual interesting character, to prop up Jon who is barely a character. I miss ROBIN, SON OF BATMAN, that's the last time the character read anything like the character Grant Morrison created.
    That's an interesting opinion.

I like Tim and Conner. They have interesting chemistry. And Jason and Bizzaro. A very interesting dynamic.

Astonishing Member

Tim Drake and Kon El as per pre new 52 with the shades and the original Young Justice.