Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Marvel Trading Cards Return

on the Home page of CBR marvel is releasing marvel masterpieces trading card in september
    Last edited by fin5; 07-16-2020 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    on the Home page marvel is releasing marvel masterworks trading card in september
    Do you have a link?

I hope this is true because I loved the Marvel Masterworks cards. I want to see how they are going be designed now.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I hope this is true because I loved the Marvel Masterworks cards. I want to see how they are going be designed now.
    Did they have stats for the characters on the back? I have the old series 2 and 3 from the 90s they had stats and the bios and love those.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

here's a video

Mighty Member

That look Amazing looking forward to this

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelWarrior View Post
    Do you have a link?
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-masterpie...trading-cards/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    here's a video

WOW! They look absolutely stunning! I’ll definitely be buying those. Glad to have them back.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

3 cards per pack and 12 packs per box. Base set is 135, that's a lot of boxes.

Thanks for this!

Mighty Member

Did anyone get these in the comic store?.Or are they not out yet

Did they have stats for the characters on the back? I have the old series 2 and 3 from the 90s they had stats and the bios and love those.
    Me too! No matter how inconsistent those stats were, they were pretty cool (along with the original artwork from superstar artists at the time, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    3 cards per pack and 12 packs per box. Base set is 135, that's a lot of boxes.
    Indeed. However, I'm much more curious if they'll include any "special insert cards" (hologram/foil/chromium/etc.).

I believe they're called "chase cards", if I'm not mistaken?

Incredible Member

These have actually been back since 2016 when they released a set with all new Joe Jusko paintings. Then in 2018 they released a set with all new art from Simone Bianchi. This will be the third release of the modern Marvel Masterpieces. I've gotten a few cards from each set, and intend to do the same with this one, but the way they're marketing them (forced rarity, card stock that's five times thicker than a regular card, really high price, and only three cards per pack), makes them hugely expensive, and damn near impossible to get a complete set. It really bugs me, especially with the 2016 Joe Jusko set, which are all beautifully done. He said he felt rushed when he did the 1992 set, and took almost three years to paint the new one. The backs of the cards list the characters name, when they first appeared, and a brief history.

Mighty Member

Im sure it will be in comic stores Wednesday. But since cards from Marvel never make to comic shops since the 90s ,dont know why.Well we will see on Wednesday

Mighty Member

Can anyone tell me if its in stores