Mighty Member

Default What are the best comics to learn about Kraven?

So I had this theory that Kraven would actually be a very good antagonist for Gambit as they are very similar in a lot of ways. But I want to do some Kraven research deep dive. Ive read The Last Huntsnd there was a recent issue of Spider-Man where his son killed his other kids and Kraven was so proud that I read.

I'd like to know which comics you might suggest that showcase Kravens psychology or lore. I'm really interested in stories that could showcase Kraven as a complex villain where he is evil but there's a certain honorable component to him and his hunt.

Newer comics that show what he is like now would be preferred but if there are some really good deep dives into his complex character I would like to read them.

I could just go to like an appearance list website but I'd prefer a personal touch from fans. This is why I'm sad about comic shops during this time and how they are struggling, they were always great at helping you out

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    So I had this theory that Kraven would actually be a very good antagonist for Gambit as they are very similar in a lot of ways. But I want to do some Kraven research deep dive. Ive read The Last Huntsnd there was a recent issue of Spider-Man where his son killed his other kids and Kraven was so proud that I read.

I'd like to know which comics you might suggest that showcase Kravens psychology or lore. I'm really interested in stories that could showcase Kraven as a complex villain where he is evil but there's a certain honorable component to him and his hunt.

Newer comics that show what he is like now would be preferred but if there are some really good deep dives into his complex character I would like to read them.

I could just go to like an appearance list website but I'd prefer a personal touch from fans. This is why I'm sad about comic shops during this time and how they are struggling, they were always great at helping you out
    There is one omnibus that collects all the stories:

It collects in order:

• Kraven the Hunter - AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #15 - 1st appearence
    • Kraven's Last Hunt - AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #293-294; WEB OF SPIDER-MAN (1985) #31-32; PETER PARKER, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #131-132
    • ??? - MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #128
    • Soul of the Hunter - AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: SOUL OF THE HUNTER
    • What If Kraven the Hunter had killed Spiderman? - WHAT IF? (1989) #17
    • Kraven's First Hunt - SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL '96
    • The Grim Hunt - AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1999) #634-637
    • Peter Porker the Spectacular Spider-Ham: Nevermore - WHAT THE--?! #3
    Last edited by jb681131; 07-16-2020 at 04:13 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    There is one omnibus that collects all the stories:

It collects in order:

• Kraven's Last Hunt - AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #293-294; WEB OF SPIDER-MAN (1985) #31-32; PETER PARKER, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #131-132
    Thank you! I'll check this out. And if there's anymore that aren't him as the main villain but shows some interesting interactions or quotes or anything I'd love those smaller stories too

Thank you! I'll check this out. And if there's anymore that aren't him as the main villain but shows some interesting interactions or quotes or anything I'd love those smaller stories too
    I know you prefer newer comics, but I would also suggest...

Creatures on the Loose #32 & #33

Here are more suggestions for you:

Kraven's Last Hunt

• Kraven's Last Hunt - AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #293-294 + WEB OF SPIDER-MAN (1985) #31-32 + PETER PARKER, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #131-132

available in Kraven's Last Hunt Deluxe.

With the Sinister Six

• The Sinister Six - Amazing Spider-Man Annual (1963) #1 - 1st appearence
    • The Coming of the Thousand - Spider-Man's Tangled Web #1-3
    • Doctor Doom and the Masters of Evil - Doctor Doom and the Masters of Evil #1-4
    • Goodbye, Farewell and Good Riddance - The Superior Foes of Spider-Man (2013) #17

Others

vs. Spider-Man
    • The Thrill of the Hunt - Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #34
    • From the Depths of Defeat! - Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #47
    • The Birth Of...The Gibbon! - Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #110-111
    • Kraven Is the Hunter - Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man (1976) #2
    • To Salvage my Honor! - Amazing Spider-Man (19863) #209
    • The Heart is a Lonely Hunter - Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man (1976) 65
    • Son of the Hunter - Spider-Man (1990) #50
    • Spider-Man: Blue - Spider-Man: Blue #1-6
    • Big Game - Spider-Man Family (2007) #5
    • Bride of the Hunter - Web of Spider-Man (2009) #7
    • 99 Problems - Marvel Knights: Spider-Man (2013) #1-5
    • Hunted - Amazing Spider-Man (2018) #14-22, 18.HU, 19.HU, 20.HU
    • Alien Reality - Symbiote Spider-Man: Alien Reality #1

vs. Others
    • vs. Ka-Zar - The Power of Ka-Zar! / Frenzy on the Fortieth Floor! - Astonishing Tales (1970) #1-2
    • vs. Spidey & Ka-Zar - The Final Hunt - Amazing Spider-Man (1963) #103-104
    • vs. Daredevil - Prey of the Hunter - Daredevil (1964) #104-105
    • vs. Man-Wolf - Moon of the Hunter - Creatures on the Loose #32-34
    • vs. Tigra - Night of the Huntress - Marvel Chillers (1975) #4
    • vs. Spidey & Tigra - Tigra Tigra, Burning Bright! - Marvel Team-Up (1972) #67
    • vs. Ka-Zar - New York, New York - Ka-Zar the Savage (1981) #19-21
    • vs. The West Coast Avenger & Tigra - Singleton! - West Coast Avengers (1985) #3
    • vs. X-Men - Hunter and Hunted - X-Men: The Hidden Years #16-17
    • vs. Spider-Man/Human Torch - Catch You On the Flipside - Spider-Man/Human Torch #2
    • vs. X-Static - Dead a Long Time - X-Statix Presents: Dead Girl #1-5
    • vs. X-Men / Spider-Man - X-Men and Spider Man - X-Men and Spider Man #1-4
    • vs. Venom - Venom vs. Kraven - Venom (2011) #2
    • vs. Black Panther - Storm Hunter - Black Panther: The Man Without Fear! (2011) #519-520
    • vs. Hulk - Stay Angry! - Incredible Hulk (2011) #8-11
    • vs. Scarlet Spider - A Mighty Hunter Before the Lord - Scarlet Spider (2012) #6
    • vs. Scarlet Spider - A Good, Ol' Fashioned Rodeo - Scarlet Spider (2012) #16
    • vs. Scarlet Spider - Into the Grave - Scarlet Spider (2012) #21-24
    • vs. Squirrel Girl - Squirrel Girl vs. Kraven - Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (2015) #1
    • vs. Squirrel Girl & Howard the Duck - Animal House - Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (2015) #6 + Howard the Duck (2015) #6
    • vs. Avengers & Captain American: Sam Wilson - Standoff - Avengers Standoff: Assault On Pleasant Hill Omega #1 + Captain America: Sam Wilson #8
    • vs. Deadpool - Deadpool: Back in Black - Deadpool: Back in Black #1-5
    • vs. Rocket Rackoon - Grounded - Rocket Raccoon (2017) #1-5
    • vs. Venom - Lethal Protector - Venom (2003) #155-158
    • vs. Jessica Jones - Return of the Purple Man - Jessica Jones (2016) #13-17
    • vs. Captain America - Home of the Brave - Captain America (2018) #695-697
    • vs. Old Man Logan - Logan the Hunted - Old Man Logan (2018) #41-42

as the Main Character
    • Meet the New Team?! - New Avengers (2010) #10-12
    • Avengers 1959 - Avengers 1959 #1-5
    • Kraven's Adventures in the Savage Land! - Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (2015) #22-25
    • Last Hunt for Kraven - Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (2015) #32-35
    Last edited by jb681131; 07-18-2020 at 03:04 AM.