Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
Oh yeah. And Trek seemed to have a trend for that, as they did the same thing in Next Gen with Denise Crosby. "Hey, can I have six weeks off to make a Stephen King movie? Maybe my character can go off on a secret assignment or something for a few episodes?" "NO! Ungrateful wench! Tasha dies!"

(And bringing her back as a half-Romulan daughter of her original character was a weird, weird choice.)

Jadzia was easily my favorite character on DS9 (I loved her almost transgressive acting, moving and speaking like she was a man, at times, manspreading over chairs or whatever), and Ezri was darn near my least favorite, so that one really stung.
Technically they brought her back as an alternate-universe version who then travelled to the past; and that her helping restore the timeline would've been a much better death/send-off even if it wasn't quite the same Tasha.

Then again she was given another (offscreen) bad death even then pretty much, being killed trying to escape after spending years in Romulan captivity.

I think in a few ways they were mainly trying to top Best of Both Worlds's cliffhanger with Redemption Part I which ended season 4. "Tasha's back but she's a Romulan? What the?"