Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    did it really thou? he is a psychopath so i'm kind of confused on how that actual consequence would register to a person like him other than in the capacity of winning or losing a game. is that what you mean?
    Dexter had entered into a dangerous game of cat & mouse with Trinity. For 3 series he had got off without much consequence for his actions. No way S4 was going to end without something major going down. Dexter didn't function emotionally like a normal person, but Rita dying did impact him. The guy was in genuine shock when S5 kicked off and he was off-balance for most of it. Now, this was likely because he probably felt he had got one over on Trinity and was riding high on taking out a killer who was in the game 30 years. But I think Dexter had grown to care for Rita.

Robin in Robin of Sherwood. This tv show was the best incarnation of Robin Wood. It was never going to survive killing of the main character.

Caleb Nichol from The OC

Extraordinary Member

I loved Starship Troopers when it came out in the late 90s but I didn't like that they killed off Dizzy. She was one of my favorite characters in the film.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I loved Starship Troopers when it came out in the late 90s but I didn't like that they killed off Dizzy. She was one of my favorite characters in the film.
    That was pre-WiR, fridging.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member

Pru Halliwell in Charmed hit me hard

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Omg I LOVED her, Dina rocked that role

Ultimate Member

Yes she did, that death was bad especially since it wasn't so that Carmen and Rico could get back together either, that movie is on Netflix at the moment anyway though...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Yes she did, that death was bad especially since it wasn't so that Carmen and Rico could get back together either, that movie is on Netflix at the moment anyway though...
    Carmen only strung Rico along ,Dizzy was into him for real!

Also has anyone mentioned the STUPID death of Dr.Melendez on Good Doc season 3? Absolute tripe

Ultimate Member

1. Optimus Prime from the 86 movie.
    2. Luke Skywalker (controversial
    3. Stannis daughter in GOT. There was no need to show it in graphic detail.
    4. Ragnar Lothbrok in Vikings. The series lost something after his death. Not every series can kill its protagonist and maintain its "oomph".
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-09-2020 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    1. Optimus Prime from the 86 movie.
    I think this is the first time I've seen anyone complain about that death.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I mean, it was controversial enough that they backpedaled on killing Duke in the G.I. Joe movie.

They arguably killed off a lot of characters unnecessarily in that movie, all to sell new toys.

Madison and Nick Clark in Fear the Walking Dead.
    When they killed the only two remaining interesting characters the show became unwatchable for me.

Going back a ways to Highlander: the Series, the death of Ritchie Ryan, especially the way it was written piss me and a lot of other fans off.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 08-09-2020 at 02:37 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    4. Ragnar Lothbrok in Vikings. The series lost something after his death. Not every series can kill its protagonist and maintain its "oomph".
    Weeeelll...they were sort of stuck.

Vikings was a History channel series in which all of the characters were actually real people.

Ragnar did indeed die in a snake pit, and so he was doomed before the series started

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Weeeelll...they were sort of stuck.

Vikings was a History channel series in which all of the characters were actually real people.

Ragnar did indeed die in a snake pit, and so he was doomed before the series started
    True.

I just feel it should have wrapped up shortly after his death.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It was hugely controversial back then.

Hasbro decided to move on to new G1 toys and the decision was made to kill Prime in the movie and discontinue his toys.

Hasbro and the producers got so much backlash that they had to change the end of the G.I Joe movie. A movie which had been finished already (Duke died originally but they later changed it to him being unconscious or something).

They underestimated how much Prime meant to us at the time.