Default We Can Be Heroes - A Sharkboy And Lavagirl Sequel Coming To Netflix

Sharkboy and Lavagirl are back — and they have a daughter!

The fan-favorite characters from the 2005 family movie The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl will return in director Robert Rodriguez's new Netflix movie, We Can Be Heroes. While the movies focuses on the kids of superheroes, Rodriguez revealed the two will make an appearance.

It's unclear if Taylor Lautner will return to his role as Sharkboy, but Taylor Dooley will feature again as Lavagirl. The movie also stars Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Pedro Pascal.

In a Comic-Con@Home panel, Rodriguez, who also created the massively popular Spy Kids franchise, described the movie as "like an Avengers team but they all have kids. The kids have powers but they don’t know how to use them because they’re just so young."

The movie features 11 young superheroes, and Sharkboy and Lavagirl's daughter has to figure out how to merge the opposing powers she got from her parents. While the movie was filmed before the pandemic hit, Rodriguez is now having to score it remotely with the orchestra in Vienna, Austria.

Rodriguez also revealed the movie came to be because Netflix wanted more kid-centered movies from the director.
    https://people.com/movies/sharkboy-a...can-be-heroes/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Rodriguez also revealed the movie came to be because Netflix wanted more kid-centered movies from the director
    Likely something he plastic mold cranked out, still sounds like it could fun.

stars Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Pedro Pascal.
    Cool casting, either superhero-trainers, or as main villains!?
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-02-2020 at 06:56 AM.

Well, never heard about that sharkboy & lavagirl thing but i kinda curious now lol.

Hadn’t thought of the first movie in years.
    Googled Taylor Dooley, she grew into a pretty, not self destructive former child actress.
    Good on her!

I used to watch the Spy Kids movies as a kid, but I never watched Sharkboy and Lavagirl. I just saw the the jokes and memes about it.