Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Out of curiosity, does Batman doging bullets bother you? I always saw as an aceptable break for reality (he still should keep some armor thougth)
    The cape is to misdirect gunfire in his direction (according to writers) and the yellow oval Bat chest symbol is to focus that gunfire on the most heavily armored part of his costume for when that misdirection doesn’t work.

Of course w. this new outfit, that Bat chest symbol will burn the retinas out of any criminal stupid enough to try and shoot him center mass, yo.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Tynion explains:

“Honestly this suit is really thematically important for the issue, and this entire arc. There are some preview pages of Batman #96 that hinted at this suit, and we saw a sequence in this suit, but we also saw a Bruce talking to Alfred with gray temples. This is sort of an older Bruce, and honestly this is the Batman that Batman has been building himself towards, that he thinks is his own happy ending, and this story is very much about Joker seeing the happy ending that Batman wanted to build for himself and destroying all of the pieces that would be necessary to build himself that happy ending.

So that suit is an aspirational suit that we’re going to see ripped away. It’s one of those things where we’ll see that suit for the first time in #95, we’ll see it in the future in #96, and then it’s going to come back in a big way towards the end, in a way that isn’t going to necessarily be the utopian situation that [Bruce] was hoping to put that suit on. That’s a big piece of what we were trying to build.”
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Tynion explains:
    The story aspect sounds as good as the suit should look.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    This reminds me of those Batman toys they used to sell in the 90s.
    My first instinct was to hit the like button we don't have.

I like this a whole lot but not surprised that it's not seemingly popular, and I don't really believe DC will put their whole weight behind it. It's not even on the other covers
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    We already discussed that question in another topic (I don't remember its title), so I don't think it is useful start an off topic here; if I will able to find out what discussion was, I will post the link for those who are interested in the topic.
    Understood, thank you for the answer.
    Last edited by TheCape; 07-17-2020 at 04:46 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    Article here.

Um....Nice tribute to the late Joel Schumacher's costume design for "Batman and Robin," complete with shiny silver highlights....I...guess.

On another note, seems to be yet another move towards the "Bruce Wayne is Tony Stark, only his armor has pointy ears" version of Batman that I hoped would die with Wheedon's Justice League.
    It doesn't look that bad if he doesn't have that cowl on, in other words, it doesn't look bad if it's not for Batman

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Kinda feels like they're incorporating aspects meant to have originally gone to Luke.

Because this feels really Luke to me. Heck, I feel Luke would have pulled the shiny Black and Silver-Blue off better.

Because, again, this feels to me that it was supposed to be Luke.
    Oh that makes sense

Also David. The color is David Batwing's costume. Silver blue.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Kinda feels like they're incorporating aspects meant to have originally gone to Luke.

Because this feels really Luke to me. Heck, I feel Luke would have pulled the shiny Black and Silver-Blue off better.

Because, again, this feels to me that it was supposed to be Luke.
    Ok, that makes more sense with that in mind.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Tynion explains:

“Honestly this suit is really thematically important for the issue, and this entire arc. There are some preview pages of Batman #96 that hinted at this suit, and we saw a sequence in this suit, but we also saw a Bruce talking to Alfred with gray temples. This is sort of an older Bruce, and honestly, this is the Batman that Batman has been building himself towards, that he thinks is his own happy ending, and this story is very much about Joker seeing the happy ending that Batman wanted to build for himself and destroying all of the pieces that would be necessary to build himself that happy ending.

So that suit is an aspirational suit that we’re going to see ripped away. It’s one of those things where we’ll see that suit for the first time in #95, we’ll see it in the future in #96, and then it’s going to come back in a big way towards the end, in a way that isn’t going to necessarily be the utopian situation that [Bruce] was hoping to put that suit on. That’s a big piece of what we were trying to build.”
    White Knight? Gothtopia? Does older Bruce really see himself in white?

So.....just showed this to my wife. And her reaction; "It's Nightwing!"

And....yeah. She's right. The color scheme here is far closer to Dick than Bruce, as is the sensibility of the line work and seams. So if this is Tynion having Bruce build a suit that's supposed to be Bruce's "happy ending Batman" then I guess what they're really saying is that Bruce wishes he was Dick Grayson.

Gods damn right he does. Bruce isn't half the man Dick is.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Sometimes I really hate the Dick fandom.

Tynion explains:
    So it's more of a "proof of concept" that gets torn to shreds over the course of this arc?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So.....just showed this to my wife. And her reaction; "It's Nightwing!"

And....yeah. She's right. The color scheme here is far closer to Dick than Bruce, as is the sensibility of the line work and seams. So if this is Tynion having Bruce build a suit that's supposed to be Bruce's "happy ending Batman" then I guess what they're really saying is that Bruce wishes he was Dick Grayson.

I guess the black and blue are Nightwing's colors but I don't think the design evokes Nightwing otherwise. I don't think Tynion was consciously going for that.

Dick is the man he is today because of Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    My first instinct was to hit the like button we don't have.

I like this a whole lot but not surprised that it's not seemingly popular, and I don't really believe DC will put their whole weight behind it. It's not even on the other covers
    I don't think they are either but if DC is going to be bold enough to redesign his suit they need to commit and stick with it. Atleast until the storyline is over.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Sometimes I really hate the Dick fandom.
    Same, don't know what the point of coming into a Bruce thread to sing the praises of St. Grayson, we get it, Bruce is scum and Dick is a perfect angel who Bruce only wishes he could be. *rolls eyes*
    Last edited by The True Detective; 07-17-2020 at 09:57 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, facts. I'm waiting for hell to freeze over so he can sport a Cape less costume, especially when we talk about a the guy being an acrobatic, martial artist. Truthfully that thing should have been gone.
    They explained why Bruce wears a cape when Dick took over post-RIP. The cape serves as a offensive weapon for Bruce. Dick had trouble with it because it impeded his more acrobatic fighting style (his Robin costume had a shorter cape) due to its weight. His Batman costume had a significantly lighter cape.

Agree with others here. This costume was clearly designed for Luke. It could work. Just make the blue = black and the black = grey. The cowl would be better served if it was fully covered as well.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

My god, I just can't handle it. There's a lot of look going on and none of it's good.

I think they're referencing the bronze age look with the blue cowl and gloves/boots?

To be honest, as good as the Hush suit is (and my love for the bronze age aside), Rebirth was a great look. I loved the purple inside of the cape. It's great. Makes him pop off the page. Go back to that!