Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Really looking forward to the day DC let's us know what the original plans were. Why does Bruce retire? Does he retire until the movie in 2021 or longer? Why Luke? What kind of tales were planned for Luke? Why didn't they follow through with their plans?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess the black and blue are Nightwing's colors but I don't think the design evokes Nightwing otherwise. I don't think Tynion was consciously going for that.

Dick is the man he is today because of Bruce.
    Of course Tynion didn't use similar colors with Dick in mind, especially as "what Bruce looks like happy" and of course Dick is the man he is because of Bruce. Thought it was obvious that post was all in fun?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Of course Tynion didn't use similar colors with Dick in mind, especially as "what Bruce looks like happy" and of course Dick is the man he is because of Bruce. Thought it was obvious that post was all in fun?
    Sorry. Stuff like that sometimes doesn't read well for me on the internet .

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Really looking forward to the day DC let's us know what the original plans were. Why does Bruce retire? Does he retire until the movie in 2021 or longer? Why Luke? What kind of tales were planned for Luke? Why didn't they follow through with their plans?
    I imagine John Ridley would have some of those answers if he ever gave a interview, since he was the one who was going to write that story. I doubt anyone at DC editorial would ever say anything. Didio acts clueless when people ask him in interviews and acts like 5G wasn't as radical as rumors made it out to be.

When I see a new costume like this, my first question is, "Is this an improvement on the original look of the character?"

Sorry, I don't think it is. I don't think this is because I'm a fan of older comics. I think this is a visually lesser design.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sorry. Stuff like that sometimes doesn't read well for me on the internet .
    No worries, I don't express myself too clearly sometimes either.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

That's practically David's Batwing suit. It's an unespected turn, Batman in a Batman based suit. (I still miss David)

https://batman.fandom.com/wiki/Batwi...Batwing014.jpg
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 07-18-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

My first association was blue lantern. (And now I want a story with Bruce as blue lantern - which we'll probably never get.)
    Then I saw a comment on Reddit joking that this is "Batman Blue". (And now I want a story with Batman Blue and Batman Red as an homage to Superman Blue and Superman Red.)

Altogether, I'm fine with the design. It's good for what it is supposed to be - a one-time-thing with a specific meaning. Personally, I would have made the head part black and not blue. And I don't like the grey details (belt, details on gloves, etc.) but maybe this looks better in the story later. And the yellow lenses are ... a choice.
    Last edited by Sergard; 07-19-2020 at 05:48 AM.

I can kind of see they were going back to a more Bronze Age color scheme, but the metal and armor kind of detract from that in my opinion.

I was hoping the “Better Batman” would be a return of the blue & grey and the yellow oval...

BANNED

I love the suit, no underwear is a plus.

It's bright and the new eyes are a great touch, I hope this is what many have said before that Batman will be more hopeful and perhaps with him taking Superman's role if Superman is joining the authority to become darker.

Altogether, I'm fine with the design. It's good for what it is supposed to be - a one-time-thing with a specific meaning. Personally, I would have made the head part black and not blue. And I don't like the grey details (belt, details on gloves, etc.) but maybe this looks better in the story later. And the yellow lenses are ... a choice.[/QUOTE]

Ya, if its a one time thing, that has a story reason for being there, I'm fine with it. But as a default batsuit going forward? God no. Looks like a random kenner batman action figure from the 90s.

I actually kinda like it. A little disappointed that it's not his new costume lol

Quote Originally Posted by bat1987 View Post
    Yeah, this is what I figured. They weren't handling it like a proper new costume.