Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Eh, at least we only have to put up with it until the next inevitable relaunch/reboot, in which hopefully whatever author they pick wants to dust off some of the classics.

I'd rather not see many old school villains used in what is shaping up to be a period of filler anyway.

You're probably right in that after Death Metal is over, we'll see a reboot/relaunch of the mainstream line of DC. Maybe once that happens, we'll get a 2nd Wonder Woman title(Sensation Comics) set in WWII which could feature some of her rogues that work best during that time period like Baron Blitzkrieg, Blue Snowman, Cheetah(Priscilla Rich), Red Panzer, and Sumo the Samurai.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Maybe once that happens, we'll get a 2nd Wonder Woman title(Sensation Comics) set in WWII which could feature some of her rogues that work best during that time period like Baron Blitzkrieg, Blue Snowman, Cheetah(Priscilla Rich), Red Panzer, and Sumo the Samurai.
    If they actually give Diana a second title depicting her adventures in WWII, I might just come around to this new status quo.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    And then this strangeness ensued:

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-replac...he-difference/

Seems Max with a gun is bad.
    Heh, DC not allowed to have guns on covers anymore or is this just a case of it not fitting the story?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Heh, DC not allowed to have guns on covers anymore or is this just a case of it not fitting the story?
    I think it has more to do with the image of Wonder Woman sitting next to Max with a gun after Max shot Blue Beetle in the head in a previous story.

It could also have something to do with trying to push Max as reforming, whether in the end he really does or not. The visual without a gun would automatically be less threatening by default.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Is there a reason I'm missing why everyone is assuming Max Lord's redemption is real. The text seems to indicate that it may not be as true as Lord is indicating. I question whether D.C. would truly want to redeem Lord. Personally, I hope they don't.

Mel Dyer, I hope you're right, and that's an updated Cybogirl. She looks like a great villain, if so.
    Phil Jimenez did a good job, with her, methinks. She's got more style, than Cyber. Do you think he intended her, as an upgrade?
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I hope it's not Cyborgirl. We already have Dr Cyber, no need for another villain with "cyber" in the name and similar powers. And she makes more sense as a Cyborg's enemy anyway.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I hope it's not Cyborgirl. We already have Dr Cyber, no need for another villain with "cyber" in the name and similar powers. And she makes more sense as a Cyborg's enemy anyway.
    I disagree. The Myth vs. Science aspect of Diana is something I would love to see more of. There's no reason why she can't have multiple tech-based enemies - Cyber, Cybogirl and Silver Swan - if they play differing roles. I see Dr. Cyber as more a technological goddess mastermind who rarely, if ever, comes to physical blows with Wonder Woman while Cybogirl may be more technological muscle - so playing a role similar to Giganta. I think she makes great sense as a Wonder Woman villain, and there's no need to syphon Diana's rogues off to other characters when she can still have a use for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Phil Jimenez did a good job, with her, methinks. She's got more style, than Cyber. Do you think he intended her, as an upgrade?
    I didn't read Jimenez's run, so I can't answer that question directly. However, I do think she looks really cool, and I'm always happy when Diana isn't facing random generic monsters or batman rogues. I hope Cybogirl, if it is indeed her, has a good showing in this comic.

I'm also excited for the Diana/Max Lord dynamic. Something about those two just seems like it'll work.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I disagree. The Myth vs. Science aspect of Diana is something I would love to see more of. There's no reason why she can't have multiple tech-based enemies - Cyber, Cybogirl and Silver Swan - if they play differing roles. I see Dr. Cyber as more a technological goddess mastermind who rarely, if ever, comes to physical blows with Wonder Woman while Cybogirl may be more technological muscle - so playing a role similar to Giganta. I think she makes great sense as a Wonder Woman villain, and there's no need to syphon Diana's rogues off to other characters when she can still have a use for them.

I didn't read Jimenez's run, so I can't answer that question directly. However, I do think she looks really cool, and I'm always happy when Diana isn't facing random generic monsters or batman rogues. I hope Cybogirl, if it is indeed her, has a good showing in this comic.

I'm also excited for the Diana/Max Lord dynamic. Something about those two just seems like it'll work.
    Yeah, relationship could work similar to Skynet and the Terminators unit from that franchise.

Kind of get T-1000 vibes from the cover.