Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I really hope that isn't Cyborgirl... her skin is way too light.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Yeah, that's the main drawback. A shame, because the mechanical aspects look neat and if we need such a character...why not use Cyborgirl?

If it is indeed her, hopefully another artist could adjust. It would also be neat to tie her into Dr. Cyber

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Is there a reason I'm missing why everyone is assuming Max Lord's redemption is real. The text seems to indicate that it may not be as true as Lord is indicating. I question whether D.C. would truly want to redeem Lord. Personally, I hope they don't.

Mel Dyer, I hope you're right, and that's an updated Cybogirl. She looks like a great villain, if so.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Dc comics isn't planning to replace Steve with Max Lord as WW new love interest! A bad guy dragging a good girl down into the gutter!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Max Lord as a good guy while a movie is portraying him as evil comes out is a bit funny.
    We don't know that Lord is evil in WW84.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    We don't know that Lord is evil in WW84.
    You believe that, and I have a sea side cabin in Oklahoma to sell you.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

[QUOTE=Nyssane;5053739]

Sorry for breaking with the general consensus of the board but I'm curious about the developments with Maxwell Lord and don't hate him as a WW villain. A lot of these are interesting to me. Can't wait to see what Bendis does with Cassie, because it can't be as predictable as it sounds.

The cover for #765 reminds me of this...

Justice_League_America_Vol_1_34.jpg

so it already has a head start.

And then this strangeness ensued:

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-replac...he-difference/

Seems Max with a gun is bad.

Zandia is a New Teen Titans reference, ..to Brother Blood, specifically. I think that is Cyborgirl.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-19-2020 at 11:49 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    And then this strangeness ensued:

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-replac...he-difference/

Seems Max with a gun is bad.
    So instead he holds a flashlight gun??

I'm placing bets on the villain being Dr. Cyber. I just can't see them whitewashing Cyborgirl. Though it's probably a brand new villain given Wonder Woman tradition.

Incredible Member

I'm placing bets on the villain being Dr. Cyber. I just can't see them whitewashing Cyborgirl. Though it's probably a brand new villain given Wonder Woman tradition.
    I'm not sure if that's Dr. Cyber as Dr. Cyber seemed more traditionally white. Dr. Cyber also had a more punk-rock vibe before her death.

This character doesn't look traditionally white to me...more tan. Maybe a biracial character, Hispanic or Middle Eastern. I wouldn't consider that white-washing although it would still be problematic.

Last, would D.C. comics care about changing the race of a d-list character, at best? Dr. Poison was changed to a blonde white woman in New 52, and she has been German in the live action film, the animated film and the DC Legends game.

The mechanical parts look like some of the designs Sharp did for Cyber. Maybe she has an android body and she can put up cloaks to disguise it (this one happens to be non-white).

Logic dictates that this should be Cyber or someone connected with her. But this is DC, so we know it won't be.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

She looks like a light-skinned black woman to me, like Beyoncé or Halle Berry

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Ads and solicitts for the run mention there will be new villains because you know, Diana doesn't have any good rogues lying around that would fit this story.....
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Eh, at least we only have to put up with it until the next inevitable relaunch/reboot, in which hopefully whatever author they pick wants to dust off some of the classics.

I'd rather not see many old school villains used in what is shaping up to be a period of filler anyway.

[QUOTE=Koriand'r;5056707]

Sorry for breaking with the general consensus of the board but I'm curious about the developments with Maxwell Lord and don't hate him as a WW villain. A lot of these are interesting to me. Can't wait to see what Bendis does with Cassie, because it can't be as predictable as it sounds.

The cover for #765 reminds me of this...

Justice_League_America_Vol_1_34.jpg

so it already has a head start.
    Hehe, Glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought of this cover by Adam Hughs.