Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Man, I really hope both Katana and Jessica Cruz end up somewhere in November....my DC pull list just got cut big time haha. Jessica Cruz is too good to be sidelined.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

aquaman #64
    batgirl #50
    the legend of swamp thing halloween spectacular #1
    amethyst #6
    the green lantern season two #8

Batgirl ending just as Castellucci was getting going on what would probably have been a seminal run, just sucks. About as frustrating as that Ales Kot Suicide Squad run that should be a hardcover on my shelf.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-17-2020 at 03:01 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

For people wondering about the blue Bat suit.

Tynion explains: (Also: The Bat-Suit on the 100 variant is the same suit from the sequence previewed in Batman 96. It's a suit designed by Alfred before his death for a utopian Gotham he hoped would exist one day. Just giving it the proper context.) https://twitter.com/JamesTheFourth/s...90567371612162

https://www.comicsbeat.com/james-tyn...tman-new-suit/

“Honestly this suit is really thematically important for the issue, and this entire arc. There are some preview pages of Batman #96 that hinted at this suit, and we saw a sequence in this suit, but we also saw a Bruce talking to Alfred with gray temples. This is sort of an older Bruce, and honestly this is the Batman that Batman has been building himself towards, that he thinks is his own happy ending, and this story is very much about Joker seeing the happy ending that Batman wanted to build for himself and destroying all of the pieces that would be necessary to build himself that happy ending.

So that suit is an aspirational suit that we’re going to see ripped away. It’s one of those things where we’ll see that suit for the first time in #95, we’ll see it in the future in #96, and then it’s going to come back in a big way towards the end, in a way that isn’t going to necessarily be the utopian situation that [Bruce] was hoping to put that suit on. That’s a big piece of what we were trying to build.”
    [
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

What Grifter is doing in the Bat Book?

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    What Grifter is doing in the Bat Book?
    Now that Jim Lee is sole head of the company, expect a lot of Wildstorm characters showing up again.

Hopefully after Death Metal, DC will have a better sense of direction. Not a whole lot to get excited about here (at least for me). A number of series are ending. Fingers crossed for a relaunch in 2021.

I gonna pick up 3 Jokers even though I’m really tired of the character. With so many Joker centric storylines I’m going to pass on Joker War. It’s just too much.

Not much going on with Superman. Yet another new villain that doesn’t seem interesting at all.

Wonder Woman teaming up with Max Lord could be cool. I wonder if having Max in this story makes my theory about him controlling Ted Kord a bit less likely. Maybe they really are going to make Ted a scum bag.

Grifter working for Lucius Fox is intriguing. Maybe Lucius is going to start a new WildCATS team.
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-17-2020 at 04:20 PM.

Spectacular Member

I'm still waiting for Batman: Brave and the Bold Omnibus volume 3 to be solicited.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Definitely want that detective comics omnibus.

With Jim Lee in charge it was inevitable that he’d make another push to integrate the Wildstorm characters. Honestly I’m cool with it, especially if it means we can start building up teams that can stand on equal terms with the JL.

Batman sounds cool, I like the new suit.

Bunch of ongoings are ending which hopefully means DC is actually putting some prep into finding talent for whatever the next direction will be.

Is that Flash writer just a filler until the Post Death Metal relaunch or is he the new long term guy?

Teen Titans sounds like it will be finishing soon. They really going through with Damian not being Robin anymore? Is that why Tom has the Robin suit on again in YJ? Lmao if so, Tim fans finally got what they wanted.

Curious if that LoSH book is a fake out or not. Not reading it currently but might check it out.

Ugh Jurgens still on Nightwing? Fine whatever but Dick better get a new writer for the relaunch!

DC Mystic is actually still staying strong between JLD and Hellblazer. I really hope Ram V gets a long run and they give him a big book for their relaunch.

I really hope Snyder actually bothers to include some Supes and WW Rogues in that “greatest foes” lineup and doesn’t just keep shilling the Bat Rogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Now that Jim Lee is sole head of the company, expect a lot of Wildstorm characters showing up again.
    Especially if the rumors about Superman leading the Authority are true.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    For people wondering about the blue Bat suit.

Tynion explains: (Also: The Bat-Suit on the 100 variant is the same suit from the sequence previewed in Batman 96. It's a suit designed by Alfred before his death for a utopian Gotham he hoped would exist one day. Just giving it the proper context.) https://twitter.com/JamesTheFourth/s...90567371612162

https://www.comicsbeat.com/james-tyn...tman-new-suit/
    Well, Alfred was never known for his good design sense...although it also sounds like the suit isn't even going to happen, at least functionally.

I've read some theories it's based on an unused Luke Fox Batman design for 5G, although there's no way of knowing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Batman sounds cool, I like the new suit.
    Most people don't seem to like it. It's too cumbersome and bright for me.
    Is that Flash writer just a filler until the Post Death Metal relaunch or is he the new long term guy?
    Could go either way.
    Teen Titans sounds like it will be finishing soon. They really going through with Damian not being Robin anymore? Is that why Tom has the Robin suit on again in YJ? Lmao if so, Tim fans finally got what they wanted.
    I think it's just a variant and the artist forgot about (or didn't want to use) Tim's new suit. Damian not being Robin anymore is probably just an arc.

Red Hood 50 and the Swamp Thing Halloween special is all for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Alfred was never known for his good design sense...although it also sounds like the suit isn't even going to happen, at least functionally.

I've read some theories it's based on an unused Luke Fox Batman design for 5G, although there's no way of knowing.

Most people don't seem to like it. It's too cumbersome and bright for me.

Could go either way.

I think it's just a variant and the artist forgot about (or didn't want to use) Tim's new suit. Damian not being Robin anymore is probably just an arc.
    For me I like seeing Batman in blue again

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

DARK NIGHTS: DEATH METAL RISE OF THE NEW GOD #1
    written by JAMES TYNION IV and BRYAN HILL
    art by JESUS MERINO and NIK VIRELLA
    cover by IAN BERTRAM
    1:25 card stock variant cover by BOSSLOGIC
    ONE-SHOT | ON SALE 10/27/20
    $5.99 US | 48 PAGES | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK COVERS
    Batman. Always. Wins. This irrevocable truth resonates to the very heart of Perpetua's battle with the Batman Who Laughs…and when her ally reveals his absolute nature, she will upend this mantra and destroy the last planet. His planet. But that's not enough…and the mother of all creation must wonder, if power lies in destruction, why would she ever stop? But that's the thing about truth…when it turns to fact, there's no disputing its godlike reverence…and so enters the Darkest Knight. Featuring a backup story that spins out of the cliffhanger from Dark Nights: Death Metal Multiverse's End #1.

YES! They're fighting! Destroy each other and don't come back for at least a few months! Let Wally finish fixing continuity and get this confusing timeline back stories over already.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

The ongoings have disappointed me but hey, there's some trades I'll get.

Definitely:
    BATMAN: THREE JOKERS #3 - I love that cover with Jack and the little detail of his ring. Good stuff all around. Also... I think they said this may be controversial... maybe they kill Jason? Though it doesn't say Red Hood is cancelled...
    THE GREEN LANTERN SEASON TWO #8 - The second season has been doing nothing for me, but I guess I'm in for the long haul now.

LOIS LANE: ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE TP - I know next to nothing about this series because I've been trying to stay away from Bendis stuff, but Rucka + Lois = buy.
    NIGHTWING: THE NEW 52 OMNIBUS HC - Higgins' run was saddled with Snyder's stuff (even though it really found its footing after Dick moved to Chicago) and had some off art, but... I don't know, I just want this. Nightwing (2011) was one of the first series I followed monthly when I got into comics and I just like the character, and it'd look nice next to the Grayson omnibus when I eventually get that. Also, Dick having two omnibi is nice given Nightwing stuff was just softcovers a decade ago.
    PROMETHEA: THE 2OTH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION BOOK THREE HC

Maybe:
    NIGHTWING #75 - Ugh, I wonder how many issues of this series are going to now deal with the fallout of the Ric stuff. Can we just... not?
    RORSCHACH #1 - I'm over King for the most part but... it sounds potentially interesting. I highly doubt he'd bring back the original Rorschach, because that would be dumb as fuck, but I'm curious where he goes with this and if it builds off of Doomsday Clock or is its own thing.
    LEGEND OF THE SWAMP THING HALLOWEEN SPECTACULAR #1 - I'm a sucker for these Swamp Thing one-shots, but I might be patient enough to just trade-wait it, since they did collect these last time.
    WONDER WOMAN #764 - Wasn't... Mikel Janin meant to do the art for Tamaki's Wonder Woman? I know the character has had high creator turnover recently but c'mon! This actually kinda hurts my interest in this run.
    WONDER WOMAN #765

BATMAN: THREE JOKERS HC - If it's good.
    BATMAN: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE CAPED CRUSADER? DELUXE 2020 EDITION HC - While I already have that Gaiman DC trade, I like this story's ending a fair bit so... maybe.
    GIRL TP - This sounds vaguely interesting and I always like coming-of-age stuff.
    SUPERMAN: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE MAN OF TOMORROW? DELUXE 2020 EDITION HC
    TEEN TITANS/DEATHSTROKE: THE TERMINUS AGENDA TP - Just to round out by Deathstroke trades, though this story was infinitely better than The Lazarus Contract.
    WONDER WOMAN: DEAD EARTH HC - Haven't heard anything about this series' quality, but I liked the first half of Extremity.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Random thoughts:

Okay, that blue Batman suit... it legit looks like a suit Luke Fox would wear. Apparently the 5G stuff is being repurposed or whatever but man... that is very Luke Fox.

Ah, Grifter... not like there's another, much more popular, much gayer WildStorm character who has played a supporting role in a Bat-book before. Seriously, this feels random, even if Midnighter working for... anyone would be a bit weird.

"Anti-hero agenda"... I know what that means, but all I can picture is someone promising to bring jobs back to the Punishers and Midnighters of the world.

Curious to see what Ram V does with Catwoman without having to pad or do crossover tie-ins. Thought she was going to go back to the Cooke suit though... oh well.

That Death Metal #4 cover... the Darkest Knight is trying really hard to do a visual metaphor for DC's treatment of Alan Moore's creations... also, a discount Venom.

Fuck me, the Aqua-Wedding is cursed beyond belief at this point. I like to think Bane is behind it all.

I trust Dan Jurgens with Booster Gold, but man... he;s gonna have to ignore some terrible shit that Tom King wrote.

Sad to see Batman and the Outsiders ending, as I just got the first trade literally two days ago and dug the arc in Detective Comics.

So after the Flash Family supposedly returns at the end of Williamson's run, the new creative team's first story is... about Barry's ring. MY disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

Seems like Hawkman might be wrapping up. I'll be sad to see it go but seems a good a time as any with the story Venditti was telling. Hopefully the series keeps going under a new writer or gets a relaunch.

I didn't even know the JLO team changed that much! What the hell was I missing?! What happened to Azrael? I might give this series a look eventually.

That Legion cover... Jon and Kathy was better and he killed that but now this... if anyone ever ages Jon down it'll be weird and... eeehhhhhhhhhhhhh. I cannot get over how much I've disliked Bendis' Superman stuff so far after a promising... first two issues?

I'm so curious on who's writing Red Hood next... I mean, they can't be any worse than Lobdell. Also, dammit Lobdell, you already did the Duela Dent thing but then burned it to the ground when Rebirth was about to happen! This is what happens when you plan none of your writing! It wasn't even like a tragic ending where Jason couldn't save her, he literally shot her and then joked about it!

Wait.. Deadshot died in Suicide Squad?! Dammit... I guess killing the mainstay is cool and all... though Harley would've been better but she has too much stuff so... dammit.

Okay... that Young Justice variant... that is definitely by Francis Manapul, not Darko LaFuente. It even has his signature and everything... like, he's an artist that stands out, but he even signed it, so... yeah.

The choice of cover for that Tynion 'Tec omnibus is... depressing. Like, I get it, the name invokes that a bit... but the cover for his first issue would probably be a better choice.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force