Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default DC October 2020 Solicitations

Batman and the Outsiders, Batgirl, and Justice League Odyssey are all Final Issue.

Red Hood isn't, but it looks like he's losing his Outlaw subtitle.

Flash seems to be filler.

Superboy guesting in Teen Titans again.

Damian is no longer Robin and is a villain now.

Tim is shown on a Young Justice variant cover... in a brand new Robin costume!

Despite Odyssey ending, Starfire remains a Justice Leaguer, she and Cyborg join Nightwing's Death Metal team. New Teen Titans reunion!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Alright lets see what I'm doing

- Still on Death Metal, I am enjoying the crazy esthetic ride and unless it does something I'm really against I'm going to be here until the end. Whether I pick up New God or Robin King remains to be seen on how I am feeling or how it adds to the story.

-Glad to have Nightwing back, and also wasn't planning on it but since Justice League will look to have a bunch of characters I like on it the chance I read has only grown with the addition of Cyborg and Starfire

-DCeased is without a doubt my favorite recent thing, interesting to see its going beyond earth and bringing in the New Gods of all people...though makes sense since the Anti-life virus is Apokolips in origin.

-Planning on following this Damian storyline to see where he ends up

-Interested to see what Taylor has in store with Ted Kord in Suicide Squad

and beyond that I will continue on with my regularly scheduled Hawkman, Young justice, and Legion of Superheroes
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Thoughts:

- Is that a new Batman costume or a one-shot costume for issue #100? It seems a little too garish to be an ongoing look for Bruce and other covers aren't using it. Grifter popping up seems kind of random but I guess we're back into injecting Wildstorm into the main DCU.

- I don't think Bruce cares that much about how the people of Gotham feel about him but having to go up against Damian would probably throw him for a loop. I'm kind of worried about what DC is doing with Damian, but I trust Tomasi when it comes to writing him.

- Batgirl is ending and the synopsis makes me question if this is the end for Barbara Gordon in the identity as well. And of all things why are the Terrible Trio from one arc on the cover and not the Birds of Prey ?

- "Father Valley?" Catwoman and religion don't tend to mix well...

- I guess they're bringing this mess of a storyline full-circle with Dick taking on KGBeast. Which Titans will show up, though? The ones who could have fixed his memory problems if they had actually bothered?

- Well, White Knight has been shilling Harley enough that it was probably inevitable she'd get her own series.

- Some good horror anthologies coming out in October from DC. Excited for the stories in Doomed and the Damned as well as with Swamp Thing .

- DC finally did it. They're finally acknowledging Cyborg as a Titan in official terms! It's happened .

- Kendra and J'onn are still a thing? Okay.

- I guess it's time for a lot of New Gods to die in DCeased. They did make it out relatively unscathed in Injustice, so I guess it's their turn now.

- I'm not really into a story based around gaslighting Mr. Terrific to make Adam Strange look more innocent and thus make Adam come off like a bad guy.

- Baltazar and Fraco doing their thing with a young Bruce Wayne and the Arkham folks? With a puppy Ace in tow? Sounds fun.

- Maybe if Aquaman wore his chainmail he wouldn't have such a wounded torso.

- Batman Beyond finally crosses over with the comic Batman? Huh.

- Looks like DC isn't canceling Ellis' Batman book despite the allegations against him.

- The Outsiders book came and went in quick. I wonder if this is the end of the group for the foreseeable future.

- Kevin Shinick writing The Flash? Even as a fill-in, I'll give it a shot. The stories don't sound too bad. I don't think Williamson actually did anything with Dr. Alchemy come to think of it.

- Hawkman can't reincarnate anymore and Hath-Set shows up? Uh-oh.

- "This issue features a battle so costly that the team's roster will be forever changed." And probably ending by the next issue.

- Poor Azrael/Jean-Paul is left out of the final issue solicit for Justice League Odyssey...

- Taylor's use of Ted is going to make and break my opinion about this Suicide Squad run.

I love the audacity of DC to stop printing Supergirl 2 issues before the series ends, claim "Oh, you can get the collection and read them" and then charge extra for the collected edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - Baltazar and Fraco doing their thing with a young Bruce Wayne and the Arkham folks? With a puppy Ace in tow? Sounds fun.
    I saw that and thought "instant buy." I'm very much down for this.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Hmm, the usual for me. Wonder Woman, Justice League Dark, and The Green Lantern.

Astonishing Member

Maybe Batman' shiny new costume is a sign that he's going to be a lighter character from now on and will stop treating his family like crap?

I really wanted to like the current Outsiders, but too much focus on Batman(though the writer claimed Black Lightning would be the focus), not enough character development, strange story decisions(not recruiting Geo Force despite the cast being in Markovia for a few issues) and the fact that the entire run was wasted on the dotard, Ras Al Ghul disappointed me. The only positive, I can say about this book is that its readable.

I'm surprised that Teen Titans hasn't been cancelled yet. I don't see why Jon should blame the team for a potential Damian heel turn.

Cassie's finally getting some focus in Young Justice, which is good, she's been neglected so far.

I can't tell if Max Lord is getting a redemption arc or being pushed as Diana' rival/ love interest.

I hope that Cyborg gets something spectacular in the the last issue of JLO. He and Starfire got shafted hard.

Justice League Odyssey is ending, Red Hood and the Outlaws is ending, Outsiders is ending, by years end it might be the end of my comics journey at DC for a good while. I don't think DC is suited to me right now, probably gonna be limited to Marvel and Manga for a minute. Suicide Squad is the only saving grace.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Maybe Batman' shiny new costume is a sign that he's going to be a lighter character from now on and will stop treating his family like crap?
    I'm not seeing where people are getting this as a permanent new costume. If it was, you'd think covers set after 100 would be using it.
    I really wanted to like the current Outsiders, but too much focus on Batman(though the writer claimed Black Lightning would be the focus), not enough character development, strange story decisions(not recruiting Geo Force despite the cast being in Markovia for a few issues) and the fact that the entire run was wasted on the dotard, Ras Al Ghul disappointed me. The only positive, I can say about this book is that its readable.
    A part of me thinks Hill was never quite sure what he was doing on the book. Not to disparage his skills as a writer, it's just seemed like he wanted to do too many things with the book.
    I'm surprised that Teen Titans hasn't been cancelled yet. I don't see why Jon should blame the team for a potential Damian heel turn.
    It'll likely end right when they are about to relaunch everything.
    Cassie's finally getting some focus in Young Justice, which is good, she's been neglected so far.
    I'm not sure how I feel about Bendis writing the pantheon though (or stepping into Wonder Woman's corner).
    I can't tell if Max Lord is getting a redemption arc or being pushed as Diana' rival/ love interest.
    That sounds so wrong .
    I hope that Cyborg gets something spectacular in the the last issue of JLO. He and Starfire got shafted hard.
    At least they seem to be getting more than Azrael...

Two months after I decided to stop collecting comics, I may start up again. Dc is starting to interest me again, because...
    1) Batman vs Damian in detective; I guess it was heading to this.
    2) dr. Alchemy is one of my favorite flash villains.
    3) is hawkman moving on from that long drawn out whatever storyline was killing my interest in the book?
    4) legion of super heroes; still incomprehensible as ever?
    5) teen titans; I kind of miss d’jinn, don’t know why roundhouse is still around, or why this team is still together- but Jon Kent sounds interesting. Still, I think this book is on it’s last legs.
    6) young justice vs. the Greek gods. Team is a bit big, and I thought Tim was going by “ drake” now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not seeing where people are getting this as a permanent new costume. If it was, you'd think covers set after 100 would be using it.

A part of me thinks Hill was never quite sure what he was doing on the book. Not to disparage his skills as a writer, it's just seemed like he wanted to do too many things with the book.

It'll likely end right when they are about to relaunch everything.

I'm not sure how I feel about Bendis writing the pantheon though (or stepping into Wonder Woman's corner).

That sounds so wrong .

At least they seem to be getting more than Azrael...
    I thought that Hill's problem was that he was too focused on certain aspects: Batman and setting up Ras as the main antagonist.

Max as Diana's rival/love interest sounds wrong, but with the current direction of DC comics, I wouldn't be surprised.

Batman's new design looks like one of those toys you'd see in the 90s that were "Arctic Combat Batman" or "Jungle Warfare Batman"

Fantastic Member

I am going to stick with Teen Titans, Dceased, and my usual 99 cent books. I will probably jump back into Nightwing in October and check out Detective to see what Damian has planned. October actually looks rather interesting to me.

I thought that Hill's problem was that he was too focused on certain aspects: Batman and setting up Ras as the main antagonist.
    I don't know about Ra's but he couldn't seem to make up his mind how to use Batman in his book.

I’m pretty much just reading Death Metal, Dcceased and Strange Adventures. Good stuff. Really gotta check out Suicide Squad though.
    Not sure what to think of that new Batman look. It looks like it could have been what they were planning to give Luke Fox, what with that glowing blue logo, but with that likely scrapped, they’re giving it to Bruce. While time will tell, it may be a good thing that Damian is moving on from Robin, especially with the new 52 animated movies being over and while I haven’t read much of the current TT run it sounds like they’ve been building to this for a pretty long time.

I assume the latter can’t happen without the former. Did he still kill Ted and do the Omac thing? If so how did Ted come back? If not does he need redemption?
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 07-17-2020 at 01:22 PM.