Mighty Member

Default Nightwing as prototype for YOUNG HEROES

Hello,

Nightwing is for me the PERFECT EXAMPLE how do you make a YOUNG HERO independent, cool and make him sucessful on his own.

-He changed his name from Robin to Nightwing
    -He moved to a place on his own
    -He isnt afraid of argue with JL member and gained their respect
    -He is portrayed as being cool and being competent etc.

I have to say that I simply dont understand why DC doesnt simply use him as prototype for YOUNG HEROES to make them as sucessful as he is.

Conner is for example a character who can be easily become as sucessful etc. as Nightwing is, if they would just do the same things as I described above.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,

Nightwing is for me the PERFECT EXAMPLE how do you make a YOUNG HERO independent, cool and make him sucessful on his own.

-He changed his name from Robin to Nightwing
    -He moved to a place on his own
    -He isnt afraid of argue with JL member and gained their respect
    -He is portrayed as being cool and being competent etc.

I have to say that I simply dont understand why DC doesnt simply use him as prototype for YOUNG HEROES to make them as sucessful as he is.

Conner is for example a character who can be easily become as sucessful etc. as Nightwing is, if they would just do the same things as I described above.
    Not all young heroes are Dick Grayson if they were Tim Drake wouldn't be back in a Robin Suit [upcoming solicits]

DC has tried especially with Conner's generation but they are not the Titans generation and it's hard to do any thing with the YJ generation when the Titans who have seniority are still waiting in line for their own independent and successful push.

I mean Conner is an exception. Kara is already secure and he has his own niche.
    Tim, Bart and Cassie have obstacles. The Bat family doesn't need another Batman-lite, Nightwing-lite or Robinish type.

Wallace is Kid Flash, Barry is The main Flash, Wally is the Titan Flash [the younger, cooler Flash]

Donna is the Younger, cool independent Wonder.

Anyway like I said before DC has tried. Multiple times. They even erased the history of the Titans and gave it to the YJ gen as founders of the TT who the youths look up to but it didn't take.

Problem is if all young heroes grow like Nightwing, then all the classic heroes age. And that's bad.

I prefer his time as Agent 37 over Nightwing so rather than a new city, I'd give them a new purpose/conflict instead.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Not all young heroes are Dick Grayson if they were Tim Drake wouldn't be back in a Robin Suit [upcoming solicits]

DC has tried especially with Conner's generation but they are not the Titans generation and it's hard to do any thing with the YJ generation when the Titans who have seniority are still waiting in line for their own independent and successful push.

I mean Conner is an exception. Kara is already secure and he has his own niche.
    Tim, Bart and Cassie have obstacles. The Bat family doesn't need another Batman-lite, Nightwing-lite or Robinish type.

Wallace is Kid Flash, Barry is The main Flash, Wally is the Titan Flash [the younger, cooler Flash]

Donna is the Younger, cool independent Wonder.

Anyway like I said before DC has tried. Multiple times. They even erased the history of the Titans and gave it to the YJ gen as founders of the TT who the youths look up to but it didn't take.
    1. The TITANS already got this threatment:

They were aged up and:

Donna was Wonder Girl and became Donna/Troia
    Wally was Kid Flash and became Flash
    Garth was Aqualad and became Tempest
    Roy was Speedy and became Red Arrow/Arsenal

so NO! the Titans arent waiting any more.

The waiting Generation is YJ

they even got de-aged and transformed back to their old Codenames

Its time that they get aged up and get new Codenames which they can use for the rest of their life.

2. When is Tim back as Robin?
    There is the upcoming YJ issue where he is displayed as Robin because its CLASSIC YJ vs MODERN YJ, so everyone wears his old costume again.

3. I dont understand the problem with Red Robin
    He worked in NEW52 and Pre-Flashpoint..
    It was the third success after Red Hood and Nightwing...I WILL NEVER understand why they changed it back to Robin and then to Drake.

4. Wallace might be Kid Flash at the moment, but the more popular etc. character is Bart Allen.
    Bart was there before Wallace, he has is different to the others and he is certainly more entertaining and charismatic than Wallace.
    In the encounter of Bart and Godspeed it was also shown that Bart might play a bigger role, because Godspeed was warned that he isnt ready to fight Bart.
    He also already has a big family of supporting characters etc.

5. Cassie is difficult, because Pre-Flashpoint she was the DAUGHTER OF ZEUS, while Diana and Donna were AMAZONS made out of Clay.
    But it seems that they now want to give her the amulet to make her probably more powerful than Diana and Donna...
    Cassie is in DCeased the next Wonder Woman and in YJ she probably gets the Amulet and is described as being the future of the pantheon, so Cassie is save.
    I personally see also more problems for Donna than Cassie....
    I mean if we are serious its only the age which slows down Cassie, because if I compare Donna with Titans of Tomorrow Cassie than I have to say that Titans of Tomorrow Cassie is more interesting than Donna.

Personally I wish that they get aged up Cassie and Conner becoming a couple again and live in Hawaii again.
    For Cassie a look which is a mix of Diana BIKER Wonder Woman and Cassie Titans of Tomorrow Rebirth Wonder Woman would be perfect.
    It has the chance to become DC most sucessfull Book if they use the Titans of Tomorrow Versions as older versions of the two.
    Cassie was really cool after Conners death as she began to become violent,trash-talking etc.

I think she also might become as popular as Diana, if they use the Rebirth Titans of Tomorrow Wonder Woman (Cassie), give her a black costume (mix of Biker Wonder Woman with Gladiator stlye skirt, boots etc.) and let her be like the Cassandra Pre-Flashpoint after Conners death with a more violent approach.
    A Street Level (logical more powerful than Street Level) Wonder Woman dressed in black would be awesome.

For Bart I think he should get a Solo-Series (2 Solo-Series: 1 for main-Flash and 1 for Bart).
    Bart is interesting, funny enough to keep a Solo-Series, with Max-Max daughter,Jay Garrick and his wife, his friends from school,his dog,Jesse, Wally and his family and the rest of the YJ members he has an incredible big supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Problem is if all young heroes grow like Nightwing, then all the classic heroes age. And that's bad.
    No...

You just have to say:

JL: 35+
    Titans: 26+
    Tims Generation: 20

Tims Generation only needs a little little aging up-I always thought that in Pre-Flashpoint they were already almost 20 years old.

So Tims Generation only needs an aging up, so they are 20 and then Code-Name change and moving into areas on their own.

Bring back their Pre-Flashpoint Feats so they are respected among the Heroes...

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    No...

You just have to say:

JL: 35+
    Titans: 26+
    Tims Generation: 20
    By those timelines Bruce would have adopted Dick when he was, like, 18. I don't care how rich someone is, no agency is going to let a single 18 year old adopt a child.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans