Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    For me I like seeing Batman in blue again
    I'd be down for that, just go back to a more Bronze Age look instead of going for armor...

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    I didn't even know the JLO team changed that much! What the hell was I missing?! What happened to Azrael? I might give this series a look eventually.
    The original creative team left and the new writer Dan Abnett changed the direction. Darkseid brainwashed Azrael, Starfire and Cyborg into becoming his new New Gods, and killed Jessica. However, her ring shattered and embedded into her hand, and absorbed the energy, causing her to regenerate and get different powers. She was rescued, along with Blackfire, by Orion and his crew, which included Dex-Starr. Later, they were joined by Gamma Knife. Azrael and Starfire have subsequently been apparently killed, but Cyborg is starting to break free of his reprogramming and has been able to send messages to Jessica. Orion has a time machine, which will probably be used to save the original team. He's been trying to retcon Darkseid away instead of doing what Jessica wants.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They're calling Terry "Batman Beyond" now?

Isn't that like calling Virgil "Static Shock"?

Quote Originally Posted by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n View Post

I think that's always been Terry's adjective to describe his Batman in an abstract sense compared to present-day Batman.

BANNED

American Vampire 1976 #1
    Batman: Three Jokers #3
    Action Comics #1026
    Superman #26
    The Batman's Grave #11
    Hawkman #28

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

DC The Doomed and the Damned #1 - I love themed short story collections with various characters, writers and artists.
    Batman: Three Jokers #3 - DC is going to release the HC two weeks after the last issue. That's pretty fast.
    Batman and the Outsiders #17 - It's a shame that the series ends. I was looking forward to the next story arc.
    The Dreaming: Waking Hours #3 - probably soon the only ongoing that I'm collecting because BatO is finished and it's only a matter of time for Red Hood.
    Red Hood: Outlaw #50 - it's not the final issue but I guess that there's only one issue left so that the new creative team can tie things up and give a little sneak peek for what's to come after the relaunch.
    Plunge HC - Hell yeah.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Bunch of ongoings are ending which hopefully means DC is actually putting some prep into finding talent for whatever the next direction will be.

Teen Titans sounds like it will be finishing soon. They really going through with Damian not being Robin anymore? Is that why Tom has the Robin suit on again in YJ? Lmao if so, Tim fans finally got what they wanted.

This is NOT what Tim fans wanted.

Tim's grown and moved beyond Robin. He needs his own name now.

Quote Originally Posted by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n View Post

Yes. In the UK his cartoon wasn't even called that, it was Batman of the Future. Which is exactly what he is.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Could be THE OUTSIDER in the TEC cover? The return of Alfred, maybe?
    Last edited by Dougbauer; 07-19-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Really just not sure where DC is heading anymore. When Generations and 5G were on the horizon, this all seemed to be heading somewhere. Now there seems to be NO direction.

That said:
    Death Metal - yes
    DCeased - yes
    Legion -yes
    Young Justice - yes

Buying out of habit: Batman, Action, Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Hawkman, JL.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Really just not sure where DC is heading anymore. When Generations and 5G were on the horizon, this all seemed to be heading somewhere. Now there seems to be NO direction.

That said:
    Death Metal - yes
    DCeased - yes
    Legion -yes
    Young Justice - yes

Buying out of habit: Batman, Action, Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Hawkman, JL.
    *noting that as DC continues to cancel titles I like, I’m not replacing them with Bat titles. Just buying less books. ☹️

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Not to bash on DC or anything, just my personal reading lifestyle now, but I sorta stopped "caring" about DC's direction and am just focusing on titles that have the mix of characters and creators I like, or that seem to new, unique ideas. I sorta miss following the bigger picture, but it's also sort of relieving not to. It's bittersweet to see Batgirl go. I enjoyed reading, but saves me money, space, and time; and further brings me closer to buying trades only.

Anyway, here's what I plan to get:

singles
    Batman #100
    Batgirl #50
    Wonder Woman #764
    Wonder Woman #765
    Far Sector #8
    DC The Doomed & the Damned
    Legend of the Swamp Thing Halloween Spectacular

TPBs/HCs
    Wonder Women of History
    Arkhamaniacs
    Plunge
    Batman: Three Jokers
    Girl
    Wonder Woman: Dead Earth

trade-waiting
    Rorschach
    DCeased: Dead Planet
    The Last God: Songs of Lost Children
    Strange Adventures
    Amethyst
    The Batman's Grave
    Justice League Dark

possible trade-waiting
    Batman: The Adventures Continue
    Batman & the Outsiders
    Justice League Odyssey

Jeez, actually ended up being a much longer list than I expected. Altho, technically some of those stretch out to December. Tempted to turn Far Sector into a trade-wait, but we'll see how I feel in the near future.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

BANNED

Loose canon until Death Metal ends.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

That said:
    Death Metal - yes
    DCeased - yes
    Legion -yes
    Young Justice - yes

There is a direction, we just haven't gotten any rumors about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    There is a direction, we just haven't gotten any rumors about it.
    More accurate I think to say there will be a direction. Right now we’re treading water because 5G got canned so DC has pushed their next big initiative to after Death Metal, with the pandemic buying them time to switch gears.