Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Not how I saw it. Without it he took on Clark and Zod to a standstill, and then instant victory once it was just Zod. Clark even mentions that he has no idea how he keeps finding the strength to overcome everything they throw at him.
    I was talking purely from a visual perspective.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was talking purely from a visual perspective.
    You know what's funny? One of Zaar's few defining qualities is that he's able to have so many people rally behind him off. He even seems to have a cult of followers in Supergirl. Even Jax-Ur commented on how Zaar "really spoke to him"

As funny as it sounds, that fits the name Persuader along with his ax lol

Edit: Well....I'll be damned lol

Last edited by Superlad93; 07-17-2020 at 02:26 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Just... Jon kissing Saturn Girl now, huh?

I mean, I clocked out of that Legion book a while ago, but I don't love that.

And on that Action Comics, Superman sure looks drawn to look like Chris Reeve to me. Man, I thought we were done with that crap.

I will say this though: I think Jon being drawn younger, more as a compromise between his younger and older ages, is a good idea. Some fans are still mad about Jon being aged up, even all this time later, but the thing is, you can just draw him a little younger without drawing attention to it. It sure worked for Superman after Finals Days. Before Final Days, the L&C Superman was drawn and written much older, even had a description of his powers slowing down a tiny bit in his age if I recall correctly. Afterward, he lost probably over a decade, or more under certain artists - with absolutely no fanfare or attention drawn to it. I think Jon could get some of that to bridge the gap between older Jon and younger Jon fans, without actually tossing any of his experiences as a character.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

My problem with Rogol is that he's boring. You could replace him with Black Zero or an intelligent Doomsday and lose nothing.

I am absolutely disgusted at the prospect of Jon being romantically involved with anyone..... I hate it here... *sighs*

Really like how Jon is drawn in that Action cover, looks like a compromise between kid Jon and adult Jon.

Eh Synmar isn’t really making me think he’s going to fare any better than Rogal did. Too many writers come on to Superman and create a bunch of OCs that cease to exist as soon as they leave. So far only Red Cloud and the Invisible Mafia have struck me as having staying power.

Not reading Legion but I may check that issue out just to see if it’s a fake out or not.

Fingers crossed Willamson writes a good Brainiac I’ve really enjoyed the book under him so far.

Besides Jon’s head not matching his body, Clark’s shirt is so tight we can see his veins flexing out. It’s good art but too uncanny valley for my tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Just... Jon kissing Saturn Girl now, huh?

I mean, I clocked out of that Legion book a while ago, but I don't love that.

And on that Action Comics, Superman sure looks drawn to look like Chris Reeve to me. Man, I thought we were done with that crap.

I will say this though: I think Jon being drawn younger, more as a compromise between his younger and older ages, is a good idea. Some fans are still mad about Jon being aged up, even all this time later, but the thing is, you can just draw him a little younger without drawing attention to it. It sure worked for Superman after Finals Days. Before Final Days, the L&C Superman was drawn and written much older, even had a description of his powers slowing down a tiny bit in his age if I recall correctly. Afterward, he lost probably over a decade, or more under certain artists - with absolutely no fanfare or attention drawn to it. I think Jon could get some of that to bridge the gap between older Jon and younger Jon fans, without actually tossing any of his experiences as a character.
    Lol never. He’s still the most universally beloved Superman, and the creators at DC are still overwhelmingly old. I think Routh got one cover and only Mann draws Supes like Cavill. If Cavill was in a good movie maybe he’d get more traction, or Hoechlin might after his show launches. New 52 Superman looked a little like Welling in his early issues.
    Last edited by Vordan; 07-17-2020 at 08:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

ACTION COMICS #1026
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by JOHN ROMITA JR. and KLAUS JANSON
    variant cover by LUCIO PARRILLO
    Wonder Woman 1984 variant cover by FRANK CHO
    ON SALE 10/27/20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    This issue, it's the Superman family versus everybody! In this blistering conclusion to the epic "House of Kent" saga, huge choices are made to defend the great city of Metropolis. Plus, amid all the chaos, the new owner of the Daily Planet is revealed—and it's...Jimmy Olsen?! Guest-starring Jonathan Kent, Conner Kent, Supergirl, and the Legion of Super-Heroes.
    I think I know the model for Jon. He's a teen model that's really big on Instagram because he's extremely pretty and been modeling since preteen. Don't know the name. I found him while looking for drawing reference myself.

You know what's funny? One of Zaar's few defining qualities is that he's able to have so many people rally behind him off. He even seems to have a cult of followers in Supergirl. Even Jax-Ur commented on how Zaar "really spoke to him"
    So he's Cosmic Parker Robbins/The Hood .

Spectacular Member

Boooooorrrrrriiiiiiiiiinnnnnnngg!!!!! When is Bendis gonna leave Superman?!? He's awful. Make you want to strangle bunny rabbits lol. Sheeesh lol.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

City of Tomorrow vol 2 is a great collection, hope it continues the post Joker stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I think I know the model for Jon. He's a teen model that's really big on Instagram because he's extremely pretty and been modeling since preteen. Don't know the name. I found him while looking for drawing reference myself.
    Interesting that it's based on a real person. It's one of those faces to me... it is technically very nice art, but the realism makes it a bit creepy.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    City of Tomorrow vol 2 is a great collection, hope it continues.

Interesting that it's based on a real person. It's one of those faces to me... it is technically very nice art, but the realism makes it a bit creepy.
    The uncanny valley effect. It’s not quite there for me, but I can understand others finding it odd. Strange that Alex Ross has never had that impact on me despite his realistic paintings and his usage of real life models for characters.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    It's not jon being older that's the problem. The entire story was handled poorly(volcano, guardian's abuse, space travel, shitty neglectful parents... Etc) .it's not fleshed out. On top of that, jon's voice just doesn't feel good from bendis. Even if they draw him younger. Unless some writer picks up and develops these things. The entire thing will be bad. Either that, or retcon the entirety of man of steel and jon's journey using mxy. Getting rid of it, is a better option. An older jon can work, even if teen characters are dime a dozen. Heck! Dceased is the best jon book coming out. They seem to want to sweep it under the rug by ignoring it. I don't think it's gonna go away that easily. Clark and lois's entire nonsense regret is "i couldn't watch my son grow",not "my son was abused and tortured in a volcano for whatever period because of us". The child soldier and parental abuse argument should have started then and there. It didn't.People not wanting jon to be angsty is one thing. But, not even having the convo on it is another. It was required as far as i am concerned.Especially, If we are changing the tone to be more soap opera drama - ish.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-18-2020 at 01:34 AM.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It's not jon being older that's the problem. The entire story was handled poorly(volcano, guardian's abuse, space travel, shitty neglectful parents... Etc) .it's not fleshed out. On top of that, jon's voice just doesn't feel good from bendis. Even if they draw him younger. Unless some writer picks up and develops these things. The entire thing will be bad. Either that, or retcon the entirety of man of steel and jon's journey using mxy. Getting rid of it, is a better option. An older jon can work, even if teen characters are dime a dozen. Heck! Dceased is the best jon book coming out. They seem to want to sweep it under the rug by ignoring it. I don't think it's gonna go away that easily. Clark and lois's entire nonsense regret is "i couldn't watch my son grow",not "my son was abused and tortured in a volcano for whatever period because of us". The child soldier and parental abuse argument should have started then and there. It didn't.People not wanting jon to be angsty is one thing. But, not even having the convo on it was required as far as i am concerned.Especially, If we are changing the tone to be more soap opera drama - ish.
    Yeah, one of my concern if Superfam become as famous as Batfam is DC will put Batfam kind of drama shenanigans to Superfam.