Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Good catch, he's pretty much the only mutant that has done that.

He probably wants to distance himself from the person he was when he was a Marauder.
    Yupp. Doing so makes sense with what we've seen of him so far.
    And I personally LOVE the sound of GREYCROW as a/his "mutant" name...much more than Scalphunter.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I thought Empath was brunette.

If Franklin could dye his hair black...Manuel could be a bottle blonde.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

he shouldn't be white either. its very ick. biggest (only) problem with this title so far

Mighty Member

Interesting.. I am ready to see Wildchild vs TEon.. Why they keep messing up Empaths hair.. He not a blond .. at the very least give him blond streaks or frosted tips but not an all the way blond. I do wish they had more girls.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    he shouldn't be white either. its very ick. biggest (only) problem with this title so far
    Spanish here, I can assure you that there are many people like him. Our princesses are blondes with blue eyes and he was a noble if I remember correctly. It's not weird.

Enh! Not a problem at all, really. It's like how Frederico Blee was initially colouring Storm very light-skinned in the early issues of Marauders.
    But even so...Manuel wasn't dark-skinned either more "olive"?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-17-2020 at 02:46 PM.

No Maddie???... okay see you till she comes out.

Spanish here, I can assure you that there are many people like him. Our princesses are blondes with blue eyes and he was a noble if I remember correctly. It's not weird.
    eh yeah ethnicity and race open a complicated can of worms, definitely trust your word on this though I think blondifying him was an odd choice

this looks great. This book is everything to me right now. I also do appreciate that they are trying to differentiate Kwannon in her own body from how Betsy looked in her body. Her black hair, eyes and darker costume with a red sash are a step in the right direction. Wish her psy knife was red also and that she gets some pants eventually.

I love love the art! Wish we had a similar artist onExcalibur because I wish Betsy looked half as sexy as Kwannon does. Dauterman, Coipel or Mann would do the job.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Why should not be white? He is spanish not latino

eh yeah ethnicity and race open a complicated can of worms, definitely trust your word on this though I think blondifying him was an odd choice
    I always get confused talking to Americans about that "olive" thing. Cultural differences on race and ethnicity, I suppose. In the region where I live there are many redheads. I have black hair and my sister is blonde. It's complicated.

Hispanic: indigenous Latin American person/race

Latina/o/x: ethnicity

Spanish: originating from Spain/nationality

Empath is definitely white lmaooo

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Hispanic: indigenous Latin American person/race

Latina/o/x: ethnicity

Spanish: originating from Spain/nationality

Empath is definitely white lmaooo
    If you ask the typical Spanish person what they consider themselves to be, they will tell you that whites (if they are not part of a minority, obviously) but I am aware that the United States does not always see us like this.

I remember there was controversy when Michael Fassbender played a Spaniard in that Assasin's Creed movie and absolutely no one here saw it strange or inappropriate.

If you ask the typical Spanish person what they consider themselves to be, they will tell you that whites (if they are not part of a minority, obviously) but I am aware that the United States does not always see us like this.

I remember there was controversy when Michael Fassbender played a Spaniard in that Assasin's Creed movie and absolutely no one here saw it strange or inappropriate.
    I forgot Fassbender was in an AC movie

Yeahhh the US tends to conflate all three with each other. Hell, the very concept of whiteness is inconsistent but I’d say Spaniards are by-in large considered white.