Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post

It's not about enjoying this story, I am and it is exhausting how many times I have to say it in this forum. It's just like watching Breaking Bad and watching people root for Walter White without any awareness that he's wrong.

While you have said this repeatedly, it really isn't anything like that and folks should not have to entertain that it is.

If you have a scenario where allowing people who have just made an attempt on three lives to just walk away(minus their hired guns being down a few extremities...) is anything like "Wrong..."?

Let's hear about it.

Otherwise, readers are not just going to ignore the obvious realities of the story line to entertain nonsense like that it is anything like an "Apples..."/"Apples..." comparison to Walter's progression during Breaking Bad.

As for the actual thread topic...

It will be interesting to see just how much of a part anything to do with X-Corp actually plays in this issue.

That's still cherrypicking bad examples of a pieces and condemning everyone for it. If Moira had stayed a human she'd be among them right now. And it's not about just humanity, this is about non-humans. But you are implying all humans do. And this again ignores the mutants who have creating enormous loss of life to humanity and been a great obstacle to both species finding peace.
    I think we're decently seeing each other's point of view now except on this point. I don't think I'm cherrypicking bad examples. I'm just interpreting humans in a more, for lack of a better descriptor, "governmental" way. To me it's like this governing body has treated so and so population this horrible way. So the latter population has decided, ok we don't like your ways and now we have a chance to disassociate. To me, it's just not that outlandish to then refer to "humans" as an entirety. Maybe another example is say leaving the US for Canada (oh how I wish I could lol) and then referring to Americans in a negative way. That kind of sentiment is extremely common. Obviously, there's also violent acts involved in the comics, but with situations like ORCHIS mutants are still defending themselves against "humans" even after they've removed themselves from their dominion. So now that mutants are even further removed, using language like "humans" in a blanket way seems pretty plausible. I don't think they see humans trying to "find peace"

Numerous people love when characters do that here. C'mon. LOL Apocalypse is a rock star in this forum, and he's a death cult making psychopath.
    Ha that's not something we really need to change. People love the escapism and carnage and if it's just for entertainment (like John Wick) then go nuts. I haven't been a fan of Excalibur myself, but Apocalypse seems to be tied up with the Otherworld stuff rather than trying to dominate humans (maybe he is, I haven't been paying attention). But nothing has been glorifying killing humans as far as I can recall.

It's not about enjoying this story, I am and it is exhausting how many times I have to say it in this forum. It's just like watching Breaking Bad and watching people root for Walter White without any awareness that he's wrong.
    I'm only going off the last few responses, so apologies for the assumption!

Which has been my view since it began, and not many here want to see this as a valid interpretation.
    I think a few of your posts made it sound like you were in the "Hickman is ruining my X-Men" faction. Lol maybe you are, but at least you're enjoying the ride!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Honestly?

It goes further than simply taking a vow.

Magneto and Gorgon both let humans who had every intention of murdering them off with only a few of their hired would-be killers losing extremities.

As I've said before, they are not "Expressing..." superiority. They are conducting themselves in a morally superior fashion.
    The funniest thing is that the people Gorgon dismembered were armed with metal weapons.

Great plan, surely with your machine guns you will be able to kill Magneto and Apocalypse.

Even if they were somehow caught off guard they had absolutely nothing capable of harming Apocalypse. Not only were they murderers, they were idiots.

Astonishing Member

Should we not be more talking about how what happened to the Cotati at the hands of the Kree sounds awfully similar?

Incredible Member

anyone else getting tired of mutants constantly referring to themselves as not being human and overly pushy about everyone conforming to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    While his personality comes and goes, Warren, at his best, can be pretty laid-back and charming and come across as a 'safe' mutant, both visibly so (because of the wings, not 'scary' like Nightcrawler, or 'hiding as a normal person' like Alex). That makes him a decent choice for easing into mutant/human PR relations.

As opposed to Monet, who is... less diplomatic by nature, and also a bit of a 'stealth' mutant, in that fearful folk can point to her and say, 'she looks just like us, they could be anyone!' I like Monet a lot, but her and Emma and other more attitudinous mutants (like Magneto or even Xavier, who can come off as patronizing and elitist) might not be doing the species any favors with their hauter and superior attitudes.

Put your best foot forward, as they say, and mutants like Warren seem more like a 'best foot' for diplomacy.

Jay Guthrie, from more of a blue-collar aw shucks cornfed background (and a similar visible-but-not-scary-looking appearance) would work even better as a mutant spokefolk, if he didn't, yanno *hate being a mutant.*

Other visible-but-not-scary mutants like Bling! or Mercury could also serve well there.
    I think Monet would be great for negotiating. Like someone mentioned before, good cop/bad cop with Warren. Some people respond better to forceful attitudes and some like them and respect them for it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    anyone else getting tired of mutants constantly referring to themselves as not being human and overly pushy about everyone conforming to them?
    Do you mean the mutant1st commentary some Xmen chars have had in the past year?
    Then...
    no

The X-Men been aroundclose to 60 years I dont see Why after barely a year The X-Men having a more provocative mission statement, people would be so quick and return to the 'status quo'
    Liiiiiike even if I didn't like there's still almost 6 decades of back issues go catch up on
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Do you mean the mutant1st commentary some Xmen chars have had in the past year?
    Then...
    no

The X-Men been aroundclose to 60 years I dont see Why after barely a year The X-Men having a more provocative mission statement, people would be so quick and return to the 'status quo'
    Liiiiiike even if I didn't like there's still almost 6 decades of back issues go catch up on
    Sometimes I want to just refer people to the million other threads where this discussion keeps popping up. Next!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I think Monet would be great for negotiating. Like someone mentioned before, good cop/bad cop with Warren. Some people respond better to forceful attitudes and some like them and respect them for it.
    Yeah Emma and Monet are not giving speeches to civilians, a firmer hand might be needed when dealing with rich humans and diplomats.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Yes, I've noticed that Hickman's dialogue is at its best when he is writing more pompous, high class characters like Emma.
    The problem with some of his dialogues is that sometimes the x-men look like roleplaying tryhards. I would not call them racist just idiots.

I give Warren a pass because he comes from a rich background so the condescending part can make sense but sometimes they act like the humans are aliens to them, which it shouldnt be the case.

Muggle-Mage interactions or Vulcan-Human relationships cant be recreated in the x-men verse because they all come from the human world.

In the next comic, wolverine is going to be surprise that the humans know how to use electricity, is an exageration but you get the intend.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference because most artists make all superheroes handsome, but Warren is supposed to be like a supermodel compared to everyone else.

He is the kind face of mutants in America. Rich, well educated, with a mutation that although clearly visible is aesthetically pleasing, ultra-handsome ...

It would be a waste of his skills to devote him to Krakoa internal politics. He is made to cajole humans with pretty smiles and sweet words. He is like an Emma Frost that you feel you can trust.
    Plus he's an "Angel" and we know how much the humans love their divine biblical references.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    In the next comic, wolverine is going to be surprise that the humans know how to use electricity.
    No spoilers!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Plus he's an "Angel" and we know how much the humans love their divine biblical references.
    Only the blonde ones
    GrindrStone(D)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Not me. I'm here and living for it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!