Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by comicboy12 View Post
    I thought Monet thought she was better than everyone, not just humans.
    Well she now lives in a paradise, it's in character for her to be snob towards who doesn't live there. And she doesn't seem to be too fond of Warren and Illyana either here. "Get your fork out of my salad" is still pretty M.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Pretending this is not a problem won't fix anything, instead it normalises their racism against non-mutants.

Racism isn't "cheeky dialogue," and many of these mutants aren't in poverty. In fact, none of them are in Krakoa.

Does Emma Frost have to say in Brother Voodoo's presence before the connotations become obvious?
    Thats a Stepford Cuckoo saying it and Emma chiding her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    All of the moments of anti-human snobbery have come from mutants who were pre-established as harboring those feelings before dawn of x started. Most of it has come from Apoc and Magneto, who have always had superiority complexes. The only time the x-men have felt like OOC jerks recently is in the fantastic four mini, but that series has done such a horrible job portraying every character involved that I hesitate to count it.
    Did anyone else notice that X-Men/FF never showed up on the Dawn of X reading order at the back of the books? I’m guessing the X-Office doesn’t count it either.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Or morally gray characters, side note I'm not feeling this Monet and personally I'm over her looking racial ambiguous...
    Yeah. The design isn't doing much for me either. So that's a strike out.

Imo Bunn is still in the lead for best recent Monet, followed by Strain. Both gave the right amount of attitude, and didn't have an aversion to melanin. Lol
    (Monet).jpg
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-18-2020 at 04:27 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Thats a Stepford Cuckoo saying it and Emma chiding her.
    Emma's chiding her for calling her Ms. Frost, not about calling humans monkeys. Since when would that Cuckoos ay not be racist in any context? She's talking about the people they're meeting in this scene.

I think if the Stepford Cuckoos want to call us monkeys we should just let them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think if the Stepford Cuckoos want to call us monkeys we should just let them.
    Agreed.

Still pretty much in character for Emma, Monet and the Cuckoos to feel superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    If that is the common xtic of this title then Queen Selene should definitely be here.It amazes me that she is missing in every title!
    Wasn't she being used in Coates' Captain America comic for a while? That might be why

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Agreed.

Still pretty much in character for Emma, Monet and the Cuckoos to feel superior.
    I swear, every day there's someone in here being like: "See how [Insert Magneto, Emma, Cuckoos, Monet, Sinister, Quentin, Apocalypse] said mutants are superior and humans are nothing??? The X-Men have all been turned into racist bigots, Krakoa sucks, Hickman needs to go!!!"

Astonishing Member

I swear, every day there's someone in here being like: "See how [Insert Magneto, Emma, Cuckoos, Monet, Sinister, Quentin, Apocalypse] said mutants are superior and humans are nothing??? The X-Men have all been turned into racist bigots, Krakoa sucks, Hickman needs to go!!!"
    That's what happens when mutants commit racism, that's what the X-titles are supposed to be against. The example was extremely clear cut, Esme called humans monkeys and was supposed by it by a high ranking X-man. The X-Corp continuing this is a problem, but they're far from alone in Krakoa. X race is superior is master race talk, a popular tactic used by racists to justify their racism. Don't make straw men, it's perfectly fine to be interested in seeing where Hickman's going and being disturbed by Krakoa.

That's what happens when mutants commit racism, that's what the X-titles are supposed to be against. The example was extremely clear cut, Esme called humans monkeys and was supposed by it by a high ranking X-man. The X-Corp continuing this is a problem, but they're far from alone in Krakoa. X race is superior is master race talk, a popular tactic used by racists to justify their racism. Don't make straw men, it's perfectly fine to be interested in seeing where Hickman's going and being disturbed by Krakoa.
    You and your straw men.

It's perfectly in character for Monet to feel superior. She even acts as if she's better than Warren and she's been like that towards Ororo in HoX too.

Same for the Cuckoos.

While Logan, Jean, Kurt and the rest have pretty much been the same towards humanity.

My point is that all those characters are snobbish/anti-heroes/former villains/people who found themselves and/or mutants superior even before Krakoa. Them saying stuff like that doesn't say anything. When we have Scott, Jean, Storm, Kurt, etc acing that way, then you'll have more of a point that the X-Men are being racist against humans.

Great preview. Absolutely love seeing Warren who I think always shines in fitted suits like a king. Monet is the greatest thing in the comic world and throwing in Yana is just bliss for me. I love all of this and I like the controversy. We are gonna eat well next week!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Magik's sunglasses are too cute. How smart!

My point is that all those characters are snobbish/anti-heroes/former villains/people who found themselves and/or mutants superior even before Krakoa. Them saying stuff like that doesn't say anything. When we have Scott, Jean, Storm, Kurt, etc acing that way, then you'll have more of a point that the X-Men are being racist against humans.
    I also think it’s more realistic to see differing attitudes towards humanity among mutantkind. The X-Men can’t control everyone’s opinion and it would make sense that not everyone on Krakoa has the same beliefs.

The only fault I put on the X-Men is having half of their ruling body consist of villains. Though we still don’t know how the Quiet Council was selected outside of Hellfire seats, so maybe that was all Xavier.