Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    While Logan, Jean, Kurt and the rest have pretty much been the same towards humanity.
    1st issue of that new Cable comic Logan told Cable asking for a timeout was a "#@$% human idea"

Quote Originally Posted by comicboy12 View Post
    1st issue of that new Cable comic Logan told Cable asking for a timeout was a "#@$% human idea"
    They're creating a mutant culture on Krakoa. The Arena fights can be to the death in a deathless society, unlike human society. That's not racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    https://www.superherohype.com/comics...empyre-x-men-1
    (W) Jonathan Hickman, Tini Howard
    (A) Matteo Buffagni
    Plant people from outer space have come to Earth and, wouldn’t you know it, they just happen to be here when millions of mutants rise as undead creatures hungry for human flesh. The X-Men return to Genosha in a tale so crazy, it’s taking the entire writing crew of the X-Men line to tackle it!

serval industries namedrop for all my all-new x-factheads out there *crickets*
    Best x-preview i've seen in awhile. Surprised this looks so good. I laughed out loud at Warren's "mutants love meetings." lol. i can totally see a social group loving meetings. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Veitha;5055379]You and your straw men.

It's perfectly in character for Monet to feel superior. She even acts as if she's better than Warren and she's been like that towards Ororo in HoX too.

Same for the Cuckoos.[/quot]

Feeling superior is not the same thing as being racist, the Cuckoos and Emma were racist. It's very blatant.

While Logan, Jean, Kurt and the rest have pretty much been the same towards humanity.
    Except many of those villains had philosophies that were racist against humans, this is why the X-men fought them. They weren't stopping them from robbing banks. Their philosophies are unchallenged on Krakoa. Scott can't get within spring distance of a human without yelling at them and alienating them because they don't have the x-gene and Logan passively sits there while Silver Samurai screams "Mutant supremacy" like a cheerleader. They don't all have to do this for it to be a problem in Krakoa, all they have to do is do nothing.

They're creating a mutant culture on Krakoa. The Arena fights can be to the death in a deathless society, unlike human society. That's not racist.
    Screaming "Mutant Supremacy" when the match is over is.

Lol read Morrison or any Monet appearance then, if you're not convinced.

Bye

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I swear, every day there's someone in here being like: "See how [Insert Magneto, Emma, Cuckoos, Monet, Sinister, Quentin, Apocalypse] said mutants are superior and humans are nothing??? The X-Men have all been turned into racist bigots, Krakoa sucks, Hickman needs to go!!!"
    nah its pretty much one person that keeps shouting it across multiple threads

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Lol read Morrison or any Monet appearance then, if you're not convinced.

Bye

Yep. M's always been proud to be a mutant and did not agree with hiding that aspect of her

And she's explained why she treats others the way she does. Basically its bc she can. Her superiority complex is pretty core to her character
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-18-2020 at 06:28 AM.

Fantastic Member

I don't know why or how but the appearance of Monet St. Croix is never anything but exquisite.

I thought the entire preview showed Monet as her true self. The girl is an elitist and looks down on EVERYONE. That outlook I find so tiresome in some characters, I always find enjoyable in Monet (and Talia/Damian Al Ghul but that's a whole other story)

Sometimes I am SO curious about what goes on off the page, in the sense that I would love to see Sunspot and Monet interact, for various reasons

I've always liked when Warren and Monet interact. I remember when there was some sort of battle in early 00's and the site was France, only MASSIVE. collateral damage and Monet was looking at all the destruction and just quietly said "I use to love Paris" and Warren promised her "You will again Monet."

Anyway, this is definitely going on my list.

MU human lives don’t matter just like irl blue ones. I don’t see the issue :|

And let’s not forget Bobby and Dani’s conversation back in the first issue of New Mutants basically talking trash about human institutions and ideologies with how they’re not meant for something better. Is that suddenly in character for those 2, especially when, in the Regenesis era, they chose not to live on Utopia but instead among humans wanting to represent Xavier’s dream? What makes it all the more grating is that they constantly feel the need to add the ‘human’ element to it every time that they’re talking down about something as well which really shows how intentional it is in the writing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    nah its pretty much one person that keeps shouting it across multiple threads

Yep. M's always been proud to be a mutant and did not agree with hiding that aspect of her

And she's explained why she treats others the way she does. Basically its bc she can. Her superiority complex is pretty core to her character
    Isn’t that first pic of Monet’s sisters in their combined form? Rather than Monet.

All-New Member

I want a X-Corp series too! Give yours a new X-book as promised!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And let’s not forget Bobby and Dani’s conversation back in the first issue of New Mutants basically talking trash about human institutions and ideologies with how they’re not meant for something better. Is that suddenly in character for those 2, especially when, in the Regenesis era, they chose not to live on Utopia but instead among humans wanting to represent Xavier’s dream? What makes it all the more grating is that they constantly feel the need to add the ‘human’ element to it every time that they’re talking down about something as well which really shows how intentional it is in the writing.
    By chance did you read Hellions 1? If you did you probably wouldn’t be having this complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    ?????

How is this trash talking? They have not changed at their core and this dialogue is very in character for them. Its important to remember that Dani's last storyline before this was being turned into a techno-organic sentinel and was used to hunt, capture and take out other mutants. She was a slave to a human general that used his power and influence to use a vaccine aimed at wiping out mutantkind. The existing institutions failed to protect them. She lived through her best friend being murdered by humans that hated mutants and it was Krakoa that brought back. The experiences that she had very recently should have a profound effect that would inform how she views things

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    By chance did you read Hellions 1? If you did you probably wouldn’t be having this complaint.
    Are you talking about the incident with Havok and how he was placed on the team due to harming humans? Because that doesn’t invalidate OOC behavior of characters casually thumbing their noses at human society, that’s merely the laws they put in place. Simply because you’re not allowed to kill someone doesn’t mean that you’re not at any point looking down on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ?????

How is this trash talking? They have not changed at their core and this dialogue is very in character for them. Its important to remember that Dani's last storyline before this was being turned into a techno-organic sentinel and was used to hunt, capture and take out other mutants. She was a slave to a human general that used his power and influence to use a vaccine aimed at wiping out mutantkind. The existing institutions failed to protect them. She lived through her best friend being murdered by humans that hated mutants and it was Krakoa that brought back. The experiences that she had very recently should have a profound effect that would inform how she views things
    She has been with the X-Men since she was a teenager and has lived through quite literally Hell and seen the darkness that humankind has to offer, yet still, in spite of that, chose to pursue Xavier’s dream even when the mutant population was decimated and the X-Mem divides. So yea, comments like that are OOC for her.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 07-18-2020 at 08:23 AM.

Im interested in seeing if Monet and Magik still got issues with each other

They have potential for a good rivalry