Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Totally not Sentinels. Sentinels are Purple mutant killing robots. These are giant green Doombots. They'll attack anyone who crosses the glory of Doom. Totally different. Doom's been using Robots and armors for as long as he's been around. If anything I could believe that the Sentinels were inspired by Doombots. :P

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    So...that's how that works...Wolverine kills a Latverian citizen and Beast says Doom declared war...
    The X-Men were asking for this. They thought they could deal with Doom and Lavteria like any other human country on the world; but they forgot he's Doom, the most powerfull and dangerous human that ever lived. And since Mutants no longer live in USA, that means Doom can freely attack Krakoa as nothing. And if mutants think they can actually defeat Doom, they have really gone imbecil with their new status quo. I'm pretty sure his "Doom-Sentinels" are only the first of many weapons he has against mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Totally not Sentinels. Sentinels are Purple mutant killing robots. These are giant green Doombots. They'll attack anyone who crosses the glory of Doom. Totally different. Doom's been using Robots and armors for as long as he's been around. If anything I could believe that the Sentinels were inspired by Doombots. :P
    Pal, for years, Doom has tried to steal the secrets of Iron Man's armor to improve his own. If Doom has a chance to improve his resources with anything, he will do it without doubt. It's clear he has improved his own Doombot's tech combining it with the Sentinels' tech. And these are just the classic giant models. I'm pretty sure Doom already has the tech from more advanced models, like Nimroids and others.
    Last edited by Ursalink; 07-17-2020 at 09:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

*Sorry, wrong place for this post*

BANNED

Franklin is no doubt being groomed to be the new one above all in the next reality who will keep wiping out universes and all mortal creatures like ants in his emo outbursts.

This series should have been mostly a discussion between the two teams on what's best for Franklin instead of the typical hero vs hero.
    It should have been focusing themes like "How to be a good ally to a marginalized group" and "Learning about your culture/people".
    From the FF Sue should have been the biggest voice and the one needing to be convinced that he should go/visit Krakoa. Instead she's just primal screaming all over the place.

I was really looking forward to this book and how it would effect the FF and X-Men. Instead it has sadly been really shallow and I wonder if it's because Zdarsky is charge of neither team...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    This series should have been mostly a discussion between the two teams on what's best for Franklin instead of the typical hero vs hero.
    It should have been focusing themes like "How to be a good ally to a marginalized group" and "Learning about your culture/people".
    From the FF Sue should have been the biggest voice and the one needing to be convinced that he should go/visit Krakoa. Instead she's just primal screaming all over the place.

Honestly, that sounds REALLY boring. If that's the route they wanted to go, i'd rather it be done off-panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    The X-Men were asking for this. They thought they could deal with Doom and Lavteria like any other human country on the world; but they forgot he's Doom, the most powerfull and dangerous human that ever lived. And since Mutants no longer live in USA, that means Doom can freely attack Krakoa as nothing. And if mutants think they can actually defeat Doom, they have really gone imbecil with their new status quo. I'm pretty sure his "Doom-Sentinels" are only the first of many weapons he has against mutants.
    Truth. When it comes to Doom, never forget who you're dealing with. He's like the only character who 'routinely' becomes a god. Franklin may have untold power... but Doom TAKES untold powers repeatedly. Cross him at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Pal, for years, Doom has tried to steal the secrets of Iron Man's armor to improve his own. If Doom has a chance to improve his resources with anything, he will do it without doubt. It's clear he has improved his own Doombot's tech combining it with the Sentinels' tech. And these are just the classic giant models. I'm pretty sure Doom already has the tech from more advanced models, like Nimroids and others.
    Agreed. But the fact that there may some sentinel tech in there, doesn't make them 'declaring war on the x-men'. Doom's giant bots are for Doom's use. Not the extermination of mutants. It's DOOM'S tech now. It's not a mutant thing... it's an 'enemies of Doom' thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Krakoa aren't interested in having that conversation with anyone.

Krakao has been needlessly hostile to Sue and the FF since Krakoa began. Of course she's upset, she's a mother who lost her kids and Krakoa just wants to tell her to go away and that they view her human daughter as "lesser" which could be read as if they're only interested in finding Franklin and not her.

I was really looking forward to this book and how it would effect the FF and X-Men. Instead it has sadly been really shallow and I wonder if it's because Zdarsky is charge of neither team...
    He's just following Hickman's lead, they're not in the X-books where the humans are straw men. This will affect their relationship going forward, it's been a wake up call to them how far the X-men have slipped.

BANNED

Claremont managed to portray a raw conflict where emotions overflowed as both X-Men and the FF were dealing with grave issues in the backdrop of the conflict and that meant no one was thinking clearly and characters were seriously injured in the conflict but at the same time once everyone cooled down they were able to acknowledge their faults and come together to resolve the crisis in spite of Doom. The character studies in the mini made the series stand out whereas here perhaps because both teams are relatively in a secure place the stakes seem non existent and the characters don't show any depth at all. It just seems shallow and lacking somehow. Perhaps some references to the events of secret war would have made it more compelling but as it is this storyline falls far short of what it could have been.

I know it's been ages since issue 3 was released but... it was a trap. Doom set this whole conflict with the X-Men up. It was spelled out in the last issue, so essentially there's no point in arguing who's right or wrong.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    I know it's been ages since issue 3 was released but... it was a trap. Doom set this whole conflict with the X-Men up. It was spelled out in the last issue, so essentially there's no point in arguing who's right or wrong.
    I don't think so. I get the sense that Doom created or bought this island out in the Pacific so whatever plans he had for Latveria's mutant population would be carried out undetected. Kitty's arrival wasn't planned. Her ship got too close to the island and Doom detected their presence. I don't think he was expecting them.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-18-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    That wasn't a sentinel. That was just a citizen of Latveria in a Doom-like armour who protected his homeland from the illegal infiltration by Krakoan forces. Also Beast didn't even had the context of that. He just heard that Latverian citizen was murdered and yet he still blames Doom for his perfectly justified actions.
    Are you uhhhh defending Doom’s obvious subjugation of mutants?? I’ve seen it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't think so. I get the sense that Doom created or bought this island out in the Pacific so whatever plans he had for Latveria's mutant population would be carried out undetected. Kitty's arrival wasn't planned. Her ship got too close to the island and Doom detected their presence. I don't think he was expecting them.
    No.....he kidnapped them.

me when the climax of a story with such a rich initial premise is just the x-men fighting fuckin big robots again

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

Honestly, all I want is for Franklin to end up dying by the end of this issue and resurrected as a powerless whelp. Then turn evil. He's so far my least favorite character in this mini and that's saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Honestly, all I want is for Franklin to end up dying by the end of this issue and resurrected as a powerless whelp. Then turn evil. He's so far my least favorite character in this mini and that's saying something.
    That's surprising frankly he's not nearly as insufferable in this mini compared to how he is in the Main Fantastic 4 series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    the baker in genosha that used to give polaris nice bread is more of use to the community than that twerp, no ressurection priveledges to the brat.