Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    T
    I think Reed being mind-wiped by Xavier is punishment for all the times Reed did this to others (The world mind-wipe about Sentry, and the Peter Parker is Spiderman wind-wipe of the world). That’s why I think Xavier let Reed be aware he was mind-wiped.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I actually think the opposite...I think he needs to have friends who are 'normals' like the ones he met at Ben's community center. Let him see how the other half lives so to speak. Pretty much the only kids he has been seen interacting with are Power Pack, some time with Generation X, the Future Foundation and his sister.
    You know, that’s actually a good point. A lot of Franklin’s current persona stems from his powers fading and the fact that without them, he’d just be a normal kid surrounded by extraordinary people but given that’s basically all he’s known growing up, it’s no wonder that he’s become so jaded.

Its coming, Mutants v Heroes.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Its coming, Mutants v Heroes.
    An X-Men/DC Crossover would be pretty interesting.

Mighty Member

This mimi should be renamed "Franklin's whining caused all the problems and gets what he wants, somewhat, by throwing a fit like a child."

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    No offense to Xmen fans that was dumb . They made Sue (a mother) apologize for protecting her kids or wanting to . Dumb . No one would act that way.
    She acted like a racist but “well-meaning” white woman. She should’ve apologized.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    That's not weird. You're just not paying enough attention.
    Nope, it’s not weird at all because it’s not happening love.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    A disappointing outing for Zdarsky IMO and the art by the Dodson's didn't help either. I just remembered something that wasn't addressed. Wolverine did kill one of the Latverian mutants no matter the excuse... he used his claws to kill that guy. That's far worse than Doom capturing Kitty and her crew. She did wake up to a nice dinner set out for her.
    He killed the person cause he was getting attacked by a bot-controlled mutant, one he didn’t know was inside, sweets. Even your fav recognizes the utter vapidity of that argument

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    This mimi should be renamed "Franklin's whining caused all the problems and gets what he wants, somewhat, by throwing a fit like a child."
    For wanting bodily autonomy and having curiosity about his community?? The way y’all hate kids and teens for being people.

BANNED

How was Sue racist? What indicated that she discriminated against anyone based solely on race?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    How was Sue racist? What indicated that she discriminated against anyone based solely on race?
    She showed undue hostility to the X-Men when all they wanted was to talk to her peacefully. She attacked them first without warning or provocation, like when they came to Yancy Street, and then when Xavier and Magneto talked to her in the parlor.

Both occassions, Sue shot first.

Susan Storm, in this mini, is an example of someone who isn't intentionally racist nor would they be intentionally so but whose overreaction and fears comes across from having a paranoid fear of the Other...especially with characters (X-Men and Magneto) with whom the FF have generally had cordial to friendly relations with.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    She showed undue hostility to the X-Men when all they wanted was to talk to her peacefully. She attacked them first without warning or provocation, like when they came to Yancy Street, and then when Xavier and Magneto talked to her in the parlor.

Susan Storm, in this mini, is an example of someone who isn't intentionally racist nor would they be intentionally so but whose overreaction and fears comes across from having a paranoid fear of the Other...especially with characters (X-Men and Magneto) with whom the FF have generally had cordial to friendly relations with.
    Yes, Xavier has friendly tampered Reed’s mind…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

She literally said her fear was Franklin leaving and her being overprotective...
    It could have literally been anyone and she would have reacted the same. In Robinson's run when social services were taking away her children she was ready to fight them too, then she fought the Avengers and later Doom because of her kids. It's not because the X-Men are mutants, it's because she always loses it when her kids are involved.

Her actions have been the same with literally anyone when it comes to kids and people are trying to pass it off as bigotry, that the character has never shown in her history, just because this time it's the X-Men. If this were instead the Avengers, things would have gone down the same way and Tony would have been the one in a bubble... Oh wait! That happened already.
    Last edited by Crimz; 07-23-2020 at 09:55 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    She literally said her fear was Franklin leaving and her being overprotective...
    It could have literally been anyone and she would have reacted the same. In Robinson's run when social services were taking away her children she was ready to fight them too, then she fought the Avengers and later Doom because of her kids. It's not because the X-Men are mutants, it's because she always loses it when her kids are involved.

Her actions have been the same with literally anyone when it comes to kids and people are trying to pass it off as bigotry, that the character has never shown in her history, just because this time it's the X-Men. If this were instead the Avengers, things would have gone down the same way and Tony would have been the one in a bubble... Oh wait! That happened already.
    I can't express how much I want to thank you now for typing this. I was literally half way through a response myself but couldn't find the right way to express my thoughts. I completely agree with you and that if anything her reaction had to do with her being a very overprotective mother and not the people who came to talk to her son.

Aside from all of the mentioned times where Sue has lashed out at people that have come too close or even tried to take away her children, we are also talking about a woman who adopted Moloids, Mutants, Atlanteans, etc. Sue is a lot of things but prejudice is not one of them.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 07-23-2020 at 10:00 AM.

BANNED

Sue was hostile because she knew the X-Men was there for Franklin due to what Cyclops said in the beginning of HoX and she knows the X-Men allied with Apocalypse and Sinister (Villians that would normally kill to exploit someone like Franklin' powers)

It still doesn't explain why she is seen as racist, especially considering her own son is a mutant and she's adopted mutant children (Artie and Leech) she has also saved mutants countless times through the years without being hostile or racist.
    Last edited by Billy Maximoff; 07-23-2020 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    Sue was hostile because she knew the X-Men was there for Franklin considering what Cyclops said in the beginning of HoX and she knows the X-Men allied with Apocalypse and Sinister.

It still doesn't explain why she is seen as racist, especially considering her own son is a mutant and she's adopted mutant children (Artie and Leech) she's also saved mutants countless times through the years without being hostile.
    Knee-jerk reaction.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    She acted like a racist but “well-meaning” white woman. She should’ve apologized.
    How do you conclude that Sue is a racist? When she fears that her child is in danger, the claws will come out no matter who it is. She's attacked Doom, who is a Roma, many times but I have better sense than to call her a racist for it. She is the den mother to the Future Foundation which includes a child from Moloid children that were abandoned, a child from Wakanda, a clone of the Bentley Whitman, Artie Maddicks (a mutant) Leech (a Morlock)

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    He killed the person cause he was getting attacked by a bot-controlled mutant, one he didn’t know was inside, sweets. Even your fav recognizes the utter vapidity of that argument

Wolverine should have been able to sense that there was a human inside, pumpkin. He's been able to distinguish a Doombot from Doom himself before. In any case, he still committed murder and you still can't lay that one on Doom. Wolverine made a choice to kill, the only one of that group which included Sue and Storm, etc. that did use killing force. And I'm going to put part of the blame on Zdarsky himself. All the characters in this story are treating that death more like a "oh, by the way someone got killed". I really don't like when someone is treated like a red shirt. There should have been consequences. Wolverine should have gotten reamed out by Charles for it. Heck, why didn't Sue speak up.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-23-2020 at 10:10 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I couldn't disagree with you or Tycon more. Please just stop trying to justify this ridiculous conclusion and just read my answer to Tycon's post. Sue has fear of the Other?? She has a fear of a children being in danger is what she has. It would not matter if it was a one eyed one horned flying purple people eater.