The ending of this series, especially the last scene, cements the perception that the X-Men are basically evil right now - if the ethno-nationalist state, the murderous rituals, the cult-like fanaticism, and the self-declarations that they are humanity's "gods" didn't make that obvious already.

What I don't accept is that Reed Richards would simply let Xavier and Magneto get away with doing that to him. If Dr. Doom attacked him in that way, he would fight back. And this is Reed Richards we are talking about. He could put both Xavier and Magneto in a cage any time he wants to, if he decided to put his mind to it. It would be very out of character if he just lets this go - Xavier basically lobotomized him, after all, and Reed values his mind above everything else. Moreover, Xavier and Magneto revealed how far they are willing to go and demonstrated how incredibly dangerous they are. Reed has an obligation to stop them -after all, isn't the job of superheroes to take down supervillains?

I also find it hard to believe that Reed doesn't have psychic dampeners as just a regular part of the security of his home and lab. He had them built into the suits the FF used in issue #2. It seems to be an obvious protection in a world where psychics abound and where any of them could launch an attack or spy on him at any time without that kind of protection.

Anyway, I hope that this is not the last we've seen of this. Xavier basically declared war on the FF. Reed could and should bury him.