Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Are you uhhhh defending Doom’s obvious subjugation of mutants?? I’ve seen it all.

No.....he kidnapped them.
    Or took them into custody for intruding on territorial waters

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Are you uhhhh defending Doom’s obvious subjugation of mutants?? I’ve seen it all.
    Is he subjugating them? Or is he a Latverian patriot willingly serving Lord Doom?
    Last edited by Chris0013; 07-18-2020 at 06:25 PM.

Who thinks we will see those Latverian mutants again after this book concludes??

BANNED

I hope Sue and Franklin interacts with each other in this issue.
    Last edited by Billy Maximoff; 07-18-2020 at 07:13 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    That's surprising frankly he's not nearly as insufferable in this mini compared to how he is in the Main Fantastic 4 series.
    My hatred of him in this mini, not the main book, stems from how he is less of a character, when the conflict surrounds him, and more of a plot device.

I dub it Hope Summers Syndrome.

They would get along just fine I tell you. They at least have something to mutually complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the baker in genosha that used to give polaris nice bread is more of use to the community than that twerp, no ressurection priveledges to the brat.
    A perpetually drunk no name mutant who is constantly found laying in the middle of the street is a more interesting character than that idiot.

You should hang out on the X-forums. There have been arguments about how Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse are actually good people that have never done anything really wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    You should hang out on the X-forums. There have been arguments about how Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse are actually good people that have never done anything really wrong.
    Touche....and I still maintain that Doom hasn't completely lost all hope of redemption in this post Secret Wars times. He made a solid effort to change in Infamous Iron Man. Unfortunately not all writers are paying attention to what Bendis did. I give Doctor Strange props for sticking with him through all this. They were a good team in Secret Avengers.

BANNED

Doesn't look like this conflict is going to be peacefully resolved unlike the last one and both teams will take down doom though presumably he will escape as usual. I wonder if the X-Men would have been so rash earlier if they knew that its Franklins world and they are just living in it. If his powers are restored what are the chances he he becomes a Phoenix equivalent entity who may just wipe Krakoa off leaving the mutants feeling silly for messing with things beyond their ken. Then all the MU will have to acknowledge it's new master or else...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Touche....and I still maintain that Doom hasn't completely lost all hope of redemption in this post Secret Wars times. He made a solid effort to change in Infamous Iron Man. Unfortunately not all writers are paying attention to what Bendis did. I give Doctor Strange props for sticking with him through all this. They were a good team in Secret Avengers.
    I dont think hes a villain either, and even if he is I love me a good villain i cant be hypocritical when I stan selene, maddelyn and apocalpyse, but im not sure putting mutants into doombots where it wasnt clear that there was someone in there into a violent confrontation was a smart decision if his intentions were completly benevolent towards said mutants.

However really dont be concerned whatever he does really doesn´t matter since this book is very clearly inconsequencial, dont worry this wont make him revert to villany or hinder his redemption, not even the fantastic four title seems to care since logan showed up.
    we will just forget this ever existed, marvel probably will too.
    Last edited by Ferro; 07-19-2020 at 07:47 AM.

I think the only positive thing to come out of this is it made me pull out my FF vs X-Men TPB
    I'm glad to see you have some regard for Doom. I just have to hope Zdarsky goes back to his MTIO form. But my expectations are low

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think the only positive thing to come out of this is it made me pull out my FF vs X-Men TPB
    I'm glad to see you have some regard for Doom. I just have to hope Zdarsky goes back to his MTIO form. But my expectations are low
    yeah im on the "that was bs that doom did the decimation WHERES THE TRUTH MARVEL" metal wear conspiracy hat.
    love me some doom, hes sexy, rich and green, whats not to like

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    lol??? No one is suggesting that...smdh
    Last edited by BroHomo; 07-19-2020 at 11:26 PM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Agreed. But the fact that there may some sentinel tech in there, doesn't make them 'declaring war on the x-men'. Doom's giant bots are for Doom's use. Not the extermination of mutants. It's DOOM'S tech now. It's not a mutant thing... it's an 'enemies of Doom' thing.
    You are half right, phantom1592. All Doombots are certainly created to serve Dr Doom, but not ALL of them have the same functions. Each Doombot is designed with a different function. I mean, many Doombots works as decoys of Doom himself, to avoid "unnecessary dangers". Other Doombots are created to especifically confront and defeat some of Doom's greatest enemies. In the Fantastic Four's case, there are Doombots designed to counteract the powers of each member of the Fantastic Four and defeat them. Considering how Mutants have now become a threat at global scale, it's obvious Doom would create countermeasures against them. So, these giant Doombots work to serve Doom as any other, but since they are based on Sentinel's tech, it's obvious they are especifically designed to "protect Latveria and its inhabitants from the mutant menace".

Mighty Member

It's honestly annoying that the X-Men are fighting giant robots again. I'm sure Doom is going to go godmode and through the power of plot bs, Franklin's going to give up his power for family or whatever bs they try to pull to make him less selfish.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Sadly, the previous FF-Avengers limited series always fell short for me. Maybe this time will be better?