Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Is he subjugating them? Or is he a Latverian patriot willingly serving Lord Doom?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    You should hang out on the X-forums. There have been arguments about how Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse are actually good people that have never done anything really wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Or took them into custody for intruding on territorial waters
    Knowing what we know now, in light of the conclusion of this mini, how would you like to revise your arguments and/or continue this conversation?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Knowing what we know now, in light of the conclusion of this mini, how would you like to revise your arguments and/or continue this conversation?
    Nope. I still think people arguing that Sinister and Apocalypse are both good people is really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Nope. I still think people arguing that Sinister and Apocalypse are both good people is really stupid.
    That’s weird cause I’ve never seen the argument that Sinister or [A] are “good people” from anyone pro-Mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    That’s weird cause I’ve never seen the argument that Sinister or [A] are “good people” from anyone pro-Mutant.
    That's not weird. You're just not paying enough attention.

BANNED

I loved this issue. The finale of the series was great in the way Zdarsky was able to tie stuff to the big themes and ideas of HoX/PoX.

-- Dr. Doom's conversation with Valeria is clearly alluding to the conversation The Librarian had with Moira X, where Doom sees the arrival of mutants as another challenge for humans to evolve around and overcome, talking about evolution of intelligence rather than biology.
    -- Xavier and Magneto come around to branding Reed Richards as a useful idiot for the homo novissima.

As a reader stuff I liked:
    -- Zdarsky walks a fine line between having Doom as a mustache twirling bad guy while retaining some virtues. That bit where Doom says his sentinel-robots are "Latviathans" and not sentinels because it targets humans and mutants equally is hilarious and awful at the same time. In the end he lets the mutants go to Krakoa when Xavier asks for it. So that's something of a grace note for him.
    -- The heart to heart between Susan and Xavier was great.
    -- Kitty Pryde gets an awesome moment (and also maybe foreshadowing for her inevitable resurrection).
    -- Franklin Richards being on Krakoa was awesome.
    -- Magneto and Xavier accompanying Franklin home and wearing power-suits to do so is hilarious. Them pwning Reed is totally a gangster move, in all the positive and negative senses of the word.
    -- As an X-Men fan constantly seeing them outshone and outdone for the rest of the Marvel Universe since HoM, seeing them score a win over the Fantastic Four was definitely worth it, especially over Mr. Reed "solve everything" Richards.

The X-Men walk out of the miniseries getting everything they wanted (they got Franklin on Krakoa furloughs, mutants released from Latveria, they neuteured Reed Richards' cloaking device) which is nice.
    Absolute Meme Hulk.jpg
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 07-22-2020 at 01:06 PM.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Dr Doom came across a little bit too much of a chump for me, but the rest was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    You are half right, phantom1592. All Doombots are certainly created to serve Dr Doom, but not ALL of them have the same functions. Each Doombot is designed with a different function. I mean, many Doombots works as decoys of Doom himself, to avoid "unnecessary dangers". Other Doombots are created to especifically confront and defeat some of Doom's greatest enemies. In the Fantastic Four's case, there are Doombots designed to counteract the powers of each member of the Fantastic Four and defeat them. Considering how Mutants have now become a threat at global scale, it's obvious Doom would create countermeasures against them. So, these giant Doombots work to serve Doom as any other, but since they are based on Sentinel's tech, it's obvious they are especifically designed to "protect Latveria and its inhabitants from the mutant menace".
    My point was even in the original Days of Future Past, the sentinels may have started with mutants.... but they went on and killed all the other heroes too. THATs what Doom would use them for. It's not a 'dirty mutant' thing... it's a 'really sweet weapon that i can usurp for my own use' kind of thing... Y'know after he's improved them since Sentinels traditionally suck. With his gypsy background, Doom has generally been shown as 'not particularly racist'. He considers himself superior to all people of all races... but using giant robots isn't a declaration of war with mutants.... it's "Beware the power of Doom" to EVERYONE watching.

Reed should run every invention he thinks of by Sue and the others before he makes it.
    He is the smartest man in the world but has no common sense.

Anyway, Sue for team leader!
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Xavier continues to be an evil idiot. At this point he should learn that his attempts at fixing things with mindwiping always backfire, and angering Reed is not even an unexpected backfiring. Looking forward to EvX (E is for Everyone).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Reed should run every invention he thinks of by Sue and the others before he makes it.
    He is the smartest man in the world but has no common sense.

Anyway, Sue for team leader!
    Yeah, whatever issues I have with Sue's character in this comic, she would never consent to inventing crap like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    Xavier continues to be an evil idiot. At this point he should learn that his attempts at fixing things with mindwiping always backfire, and angering Reed is not even an unexpected backfiring. Looking forward to EvX (E is for Everyone).
    I think Xavier knows very well what he is doing.

And you know Reed consented to Captain America being mind-wiped by Doctor Strange when he was in the Illuminati.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I think Xavier knows very well what he is doing.

And you know Reed consented to Captain America being mind-wiped by Doctor Strange when he was in the Illuminati.
    Just as he knew when he mindwiped the info about Vulcan? Or when he tried to fix Namor? Or in all the other cases we've seen?
    And that he consented to mindwiping Steve (for what he considered greater good) doesn't mean that he won't be angry at getting mindwiped himself.

BANNED

it was cute that franklins experience allowed him to settle in krakoa with much easier time with the other mutants.

Extraordinary Member

I just want spoilers:
    that to come back and bite Xavier is the butt.

And I also want to know if he did the same to Forge...he created a power remover for the U.S. Government...does he get a free pass because he has the holy mutant gene?
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I just want spoilers:
    that to come back and bite Xavier is the butt.

And I also want to know if he did the same to Forge...he created a power remover for the U.S. Government...does he get a free pass because he has the holy mutant gene?
    end of spoilers
    The fun part of doing this in a miniseries is this...it never will.

When people re-read X-Men/FF 2020 as a mini, the takeaway will always be Xavier pwned Reed.

Eventually in some part of the X-Men run by Hickman this thread will be picked up. But read as a story, this sticks and it will endure.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

No offense to Xmen fans that was dumb . They made Sue (a mother) apologize for protecting her kids or wanting to . Dumb . No one would act that way.

They punked Reed Richard. A man who would back up the back up and acted like he'd forget.

Just call this an Xmen adventure featuring FF.