Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Majin Buu vs Lobo

Two over the top and pretty overpowered beings going at it, both with crazy kinds of regenerating, etc.

Does the Main Man take the win?
    Or does the bubble gum monster get the leg up?

(I seriously don't know)

I dont think Lobo can heal his way out of becoming a cookie.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Not to mention Buu can absorb him directly like he did to the Z fighters

Could have sworn I read that Lobo was immune to magic somewhere. If not, then the fight isn't that even.

He actually can't die. He made a pact with Death.

But he can't hurt Buu either.
    Last edited by Slade1; 07-19-2020 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    He actually can't die. He made a pact with Death.

But he can't hurt Buu either.
    Last I heard, Lobo didn't make a pact with Death. He just caused so much destruction and mayhem in both Heaven and Hell he's been banned from both and thus has a "Do Not Retrieve" order on him.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Not to mention Buu can absorb him directly like he did to the Z fighters
    That would probably be a win for Buu and a massive loss for everybody else if Buu suddenly got Lobo's personality from absorbing him.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Lobo is durable and strong, but does have the speed? Lobo could put a beat down on Majin Buu but nothing Buu isn't going to go down. Eventually Lobo's Guard is going to drop. What's to stop Buu from turning him into a cookie?

Lobo is probably going to wish he never made that pact for immortality.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Lobo is durable and strong, but does have the speed? Lobo could put a beat down on Majin Buu but nothing Buu isn't going to go down. Eventually Lobo's Guard is going to drop. What's to stop Buu from turning him into a cookie?

Lobo is probably going to wish he never made that pact for immortality.
    Lobo does have speed. But honestly, if its Fat Buu, the two would have a hell of a time just punching each other through mountains, laughing the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I dont think Lobo can heal his way out of becoming a cookie.
    This. Does Lobo have any feats of resisting transmutation?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

He does not even have feats of resisting torture.

As far I know he just cannot die. But Bui can beat him by eating or absorbing him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    He does not even have feats of resisting torture.

As far I know he just cannot die. But Bui can beat him by eating or absorbing him.
    Considering he shrugs off getting his head blown off (among MANY other things), and Lobo seems to get off on getting hurt about as much as he does when he CAUSING the hurt, yeah.

Also to note; Lobo has been breaking th 4th wall longer than Deadpool has. He's basically just a note shy of being a full on parody character like Mask (as shown in the crossover between them).

But the cookie/candy thing, hard to say if Lobo would still be the mouthy bastich he is in that scenario.

Don't get me wrong, not taking away from Buu, but Lobo is about as much of an over the top character as Buu is. Even without his immortality, he's incredibly hard to kill.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Slobo was actually written out of existence by Darkseid turning him to a statue, so that's a mark against Lobo resisting transmutation. Candy beam, superior speed, and absorbing all give Buu the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Slobo was actually written out of existence by Darkseid turning him to a statue, so that's a mark against Lobo resisting transmutation. Candy beam, superior speed, and absorbing all give Buu the win.
    How would all these affect his immortality? Would he be a cookie version of Lobo. Or if he gets absorbed would his consciences still be inside Buu?

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    How would all these affect his immortality? Would he be a cookie version of Lobo. Or if he gets absorbed would his consciences still be inside Buu?
    You dont actually die when absorbed anyways, so it seems like the perfect counter honestly. It kind of traps you in a meat prison and Buu just siphons power/knowledge off of your inert form.

Candy could still immobilize the guy even if it was capable of healing itself. Actually, Buu might really like a never ending candy bar. Like a real life Gobstopper.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure