Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Wonder if ultimately everything is going to be Krakoa where all of them are suffused with Kraokan plant spores and are converted to Krakoa. Will give new meaning to WE ARE KRAKOA AND KRAKOA IS US!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It is ridiculously good. Even if it got together with Arakko, formed Okkara and needed twice as much, 4 mutants a year is a pittance.

In addition, the mutants not only feed Krakoa but have helped it expand throughout the Earth and space, which greatly increases its chances of survival (which is what every living being wants).
    Yes! And at this point (to answer this thread's question) I don't think any mutant would be against going to Krakoa.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah it's all on paper, I don't understand the conspiracies. Unless the Phalanx infection is bad or something, the deal with Krakoa is pretty good.
    For now, it could very easily turn on them. That's the risk they take with every villain they make an alliance with - including Krakoa itself. The Phalanx infection sounds like another problem which is about to explode down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yes! And at this point (to answer this thread's question) I don't think any mutant would be against going to Krakoa.
    The point is that the government has no need to attract mutants to feed Krakoa.

Extraordinary Member

It is not nice, but their mutation makes it the only way of life they have. Krakoa eats a little bit of psionic energy and in return gives them medicine, food, houses and practically everything they need.

Selene and Template watch that Krakoa does not eat too much and in return they can also eat. It is a symbiotic relationship. Of course at some point someone can abuse and eat more than their share, but that's what supervision is for.
    But do they fully disclose this..."Welcome to Krakoa...the mutant nation where all your needs will be taken care of...oh, by the way, the island and some other mutants will be feeding on your psionic energy or life force. it is just the way it is around here."

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    For now, it could very easily turn on them. That's the risk they take with every villain they make an alliance with - including Krakoa itself. The Phalanx infection sounds like another problem which is about to explode down the line.
    Yeah but they don't know about it. If you see it from the point of view of a mutant there's no reason for them to feel Krakoa knowing it just needs 2 mutants a year and that's divided between thousands. You're not even feeling it with that kind of ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    But do they fully disclose this..."Welcome to Krakoa...the mutant nation where all your needs will be taken care of...oh, by the way, the island and some other mutants will be feeding on your psionic energy or life force. it is just the way it is around here."
    How is that worse than hurting your back and eyesight working an office eight hours a day? From the way Emma describes it in X-Men # 3, it is practically imperceptible, when Krakoa starts to overeat only the telepaths notice at first (because they have more psionic energy, obviously).

How is that worse than hurting your back and eyesight working an office eight hours a day?
    I’ve had some crappy bosses in my life.
    None of the tried to EAT ME.

when Krakoa starts to overeat
    Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I’ve had some crappy bosses in my life.
    None of the tried to EAT ME.

Nuff said.
    Well, the mutants did not predict that geriatric superbotanics were going to alter Krakoa's nervous system.

Quote Originally Posted by Denkota View Post
    Wonder if ultimately everything is going to be Krakoa where all of them are suffused with Kraokan plant spores and are converted to Krakoa. Will give new meaning to WE ARE KRAKOA AND KRAKOA IS US!
    Funny thing: a plant that is feeding on ‘animals’… Usually it’s the other way around.
    To provide food to the island, the mutants have to stay what they are and that they are as happy as they can be and that they never have the idea to flee Krakoa, well not in masse at least. It would put a huge pressure on the remaining mutants.
    So it’s in Krakoa’s interest that the dependence of the mutants on the island, as their number, increases…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Funny thing: a plant that is feeding on ‘animals’… Usually it’s the other way around.
    To provide food to the island, the mutants have to stay what they are and that they are as happy as they can be and that they never have the idea to flee Krakoa, well not in masse at least. It would put a huge pressure on the remaining mutants.
    So it’s in Krakoa’s interest that the dependence of the mutants on the island, as their number, increases…
    What if the number decreases? What would Krkaoa do to make sure that never happens? It's strange that because Krakoa's fine now they assume everything will will stay like this forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    What if the number decreases? What would Krkaoa do to make sure that never happens? It's strange that because Krakoa's fine now they assume everything will will stay like this forever.
    I believe that’s what they call a ‘pipe dream’.

Extraordinary Member

How is that worse than hurting your back and eyesight working an office eight hours a day? From the way Emma describes it in X-Men # 3, it is practically imperceptible, when Krakoa starts to overeat only the telepaths notice at first (because they have more psionic energy, obviously).
    But I know that going in. Same as working in a warehouse or for a shipping company. I know what the job entails and what the risks are.

And what if Krakoa gets a taste for a particular person's energy and gorges itself on it??

What happens if there's damage to the island itself? Say Red Skull, Bastion, or even Apocalypse sets off some kind of big bomb there, would Krakoa need to absorb more life force to heal itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

And what if Krakoa gets a taste for a particular person's energy and gorges itself on it??
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    What happens if there's damage to the island itself? Say Red Skull, Bastion, or even Apocalypse sets off some kind of big bomb there, would Krakoa need to absorb more life force to heal itself?
    What if..? Marvel had a series asking What if..?
    GrindrStone(D)