Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Toward the end of Paul Levitz's run (around 1988-89), wasn't there a flirtation between Lightning Lass and Magnetic Kid? MK was Cosmic Boy's little brother who joined the Legion after CB resigned.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Cos was dating Quantum Kid and Imra was dating Garth right after they came back from the past.

Wasn't Timber Wolf just the babysitter? I don't think Tinya and Jo broke up.
    I remember they were friends. Possibly he had an unrequited crush on her, but I think she was still with Jo.

In the current version, it looks like Mon-el and Dream Girl are a couple. I’m also wondering if there’s something going on with Shrinking Violet and Starboy?

I think Pol and Ayla were just friends. I always thought Pol should’ve been revealed to be gay.

Quote Originally Posted by 0nt1r View Post
    I think Pol and Ayla were just friends. I always thought Pol should’ve been revealed to be gay.
    It seems like somebody should be! An all straight Legion in 2020 is pretty poor diversity. I was hoping DC would have the stones to let Jon be gay, they could use a more high profile gay male character, especially as most of the gay male characters they have are lower tier characters and are mostly MIA.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    It seems like somebody should be! An all straight Legion in 2020 is pretty poor diversity. I was hoping DC would have the stones to let Jon be gay, they could use a more high profile gay male character, especially as most of the gay male characters they have are lower tier characters and are mostly MIA.
    A downside of Bendis ditching all the old characters is that he kind of ditched Ayla and Violet, the pre-existing gay couple, and felt the need to make some of the previously white characters minorities, rather than use pre-existing black or Asian Legionnaires like Tyroc, Glorith, Dragonwing, Danielle Foccault or Myg (or Kid Quantum II, Dragonmage, XS, etc. from the Reboot).

Maybe, as he's introduced some black and Asian versions of Garth, Rokk, Ayla, Violet, etc., he also intends to have some like Jo or Tinya also be gay, but, it's gonna take a while, since he's doling out information on these new versions in dribs and drabs, it feels like.

Original run: When they were trapped on an ice asteroid with Colossal Boy, Violet and Chameleon Boy, and didn't think they'd ever get home, something happened between Imra (Saturn Girl) and Brin (Timber Wolf) which was never fully explained.

New 52: On the team that was stuck back in our time there was a bit of a flirtation between Timber Wolf and Dawnstar, perhaps stemming from Wildfire's fatalistic view of his damaged ERG-1 suit, as well as Dawny's frustration with his energy (i.e. 'untouchable') form.
    Top 6 Legionnaires: Wildfire, Timber Wolf, Polar Boy, Shadow Lass, Phantom Girl, Ultra Boy

Recent favorite books: Black Science, Five Ghosts, and LOW

Ultimate Member

Timber Wolf, every girl's go-to bad-boy to get out her frustrations with her real boyfriend. No girl's real boyfriend himself...

In issue 3 of the current run, Shadow Lass and Cosmic Boy are together. With at least one cute name from Tasmia to Rokk.

Incredible Member

Brainy and Lyle

He never did let anyone see inside that folder marked as Lyle...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Timber Wolf, every girl's go-to bad-boy to get out her frustrations with her real boyfriend. No girl's real boyfriend himself...
    Timber Wolf and Light Lass dated for years during the 70s and early 80s.