Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Pretty much you could take the number of X-Men movies, put an "!" in front of that number, and thats how many potential timelines exist.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I'd say the Multiverse of Madness will fix and blend some elements. Its clear Deadpool's popularity and rumors of a big extension for Reynolds is COMING. He's the character people are musing could be in Spider-Man 3 and the 1st real look at mutants under the Marvel Film universe (with R ratings , Disney has said his solo films will be R rated , his others outside won't). So the Multiverse trip were gonna see is gonna fix some elements up for the future.

My theory as I told a friend....

-

- After a wild battle and trip through Multiverse only 3 characters will return home to their universe. Scarlet Witch , Spider-Man and Doctor Strange. Now Strange was warned...if you screw with time and reality you will pay the price ahead. He was warned of this and the group spots minor changes to Central Park thinking , well everything is fine and they are home. Peter calls MJ who is fine and the 2 are dating as is Aunt May who is also fine at home. Wong is ok. Scarlet Witch departs thinking everything is fine....but oooh man they soon discover how wrong they shifted reality and changed things.

- Peter realizes 1st things aren't entirely as they left them. While with MJ he learns that his secret Identity is a secret again. He is happy for this one but is more shocked at discovering that there are...other heroes than Avengers in New York. A crowd of scared people crowd around a TV monitor with ..."WHO ARE...THE X-MEN ?" MJ reveals that the X-Men have been around for a few years and people hate and fear them...that these mutants are hated and feared. J.Jonah Jameson blasts them daily. (this change has him focus on them more than Spider-Man hence no reveal of his secret ID)

- Doctor Strange in his room while doing magic meditation suddenly gets jolted by a rush of things to his brain (ala Butterfly Effect) . Learning of changes the timeline and multiverse went under.

- Scarlet Witch is alone , sad when a rush of air hits the room as she is stunned...Quicksilver is alive. But...its ...not the same Quicksilver as suddenly her brain gets hit with memories jolting in ala Butterfly effect. (this is Quicksilver from X-Men films). She learns their father wants to see them as she never met her father before and needs to see who he is. (Its Magneto as we all know) .

- Deadpool being kinda insane remembers things a bit but no one believes him. He encounters Spider-Man in the 3rd film and jokes about the multiverse and Peter believes he knows too changes happened. "I like this Universe sooo much better for me !"

- Strange and Peter will meet up and discuss the changes and what they did. Both will swear they can't say a word because no one remembers the changes that have shifted into place now in time line.

- The X-Men always existed and were hated and feared in the universe. You can bring back Fassbender , McAvoy and recast some others.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

According to an official/unofficial universe listing of the MARVEL multiverse:

Earth-10005: the original timeline of the X-Men cinematic saga.

Earth-TRN414: The altered timeline of the X-Men cinematic saga.

Earth-17315: Logan (movie).

Earth-41633 (maybe): The Deadpool cinematic saga.

Earth-66250: Cable's family is killed by Firefist.

Earth-18315: The Earth resembling the original timeline of the X-Men cinematic saga. Deadpool of Earth-41633 killed his counterpart on there (Weapon XI/The Dead Pool).

Earth-700029: Generation X (1996)

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Guys, guys, guys. This is MY SCENARIO. You're not forced to buy it, even if - for me - it's 100% perfect and makes a lot of sense. Okay?
    People do like to discuss stuff, whether they agree or not. Heck, the Pixar Theory is a thing.

Edit: as far as the official timelines go, it looks like the Deadpool movies are officially divided, with the first one ostensibly in the post-Days of Future Past timeline and Deadpool 2 being in its own reality because of the time travel going different ways, like how Deadpool killing his original timeline self created a new branch (heck, it looks like the movie was more or less erased from existence by Deadpool's post credits scenes).
    Last edited by WebLurker; 12-04-2020 at 10:33 PM.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    People do like to discuss stuff, whether they agree or not. Heck, the Pixar Theory is a thing.

Edit: as far as the official timelines go, it looks like the Deadpool movies are officially divided, with the first one ostensibly in the post-Days of Future Past timeline and Deadpool 2 being in its own reality because of the time travel going different ways, like how Deadpool killing his original timeline self created a new branch (heck, it looks like the movie was more or less erased from existence by Deadpool's post credits scenes).
    I guess that the device worked as interdimensional nexus too. That would explain Hitler, Ryan Reynolds going to play GL and so on.
    As simple as that, Deadpool travelled to an alternate Earth similar to the original timeline of the X-Men. But it wasn't the original timeline of the mainstream X-Men movie saga.

That said, to me both the Deadpool movies occur in a standalone universe.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 12-11-2020 at 06:35 PM.

I guess that the device worked as interdimensional nexus too. That would explain Hitler, Ryan Reynolds going to play GL and so on.
    As simple as that, Deadpool travelled to an alternate Earth similar to the original timeline of the X-Men. But it wasn't the original timeline of the mainstream X-Men movie saga.
    The Origins: Wolverine bit being an alternate timeline from day one would explain how Deadpool was able to go back after it had been erased (although between the Deadpool movies prioritizing humor over consistency with the rest of the series and the Fox series not caring much about continuity in general, who can say?).

That said, to me both the Deadpool movies occur in a standalone universe.
    Doesn't seem to be the official word, but between the Fox series now being a dead branch of the franchise, probably doesn't really matter which way the I's and T's were dotted and crossed.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

I was thinking about CABLE from DEADPOOL 2.
    His future is placed 50 years forward, right? That totally contradicts the "Logan" future, because in Cable's future there has been a war, mutants exist and never stopped to be born in the very first place.

I cannot stand the idea that mutants magically stopped to be born in 2004. That makes the X-Men and their efforts totally pointless.

His future is placed 50 years forward, right? That totally contradicts the "Logan" future, because in Cable's future there has been a war, mutants exist and never stopped to be born in the very first place.

I cannot stand the idea that mutants magically stopped to be born in 2004. That makes the X-Men and their efforts totally pointless.
    Seeing how the main Deadpool 2 story takes place before the Logan timeframe, it could be that all the time travel stuff caused the Logan future to happen instead of Cable's original future? Or it could be another example of the filmmakers not caring about the films being consistent with each other?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - The X-Men always existed and were hated and feared in the universe. You can bring back Fassbender , McAvoy and recast some others.
    No No No No!!!! Recast them all and start fresh. As a matter of fact i don't even want to see Magneto until the 2nd or even the 3rd movie. I DO NOT want the MCU mutant movies to just turn into what the Fox ones did which was the Xavier and Magneto show.

It could just as easily be said that Deadpool 2’s place in canon is questionable. He’s seen wandering around the mansion with a Colossus who’s never seen in the X-movies, and somehow the cast of X-Men Apocalypse is there, and Deadpool 2 is definitely not set in the 80’s.

Niffleheim

What is the explanation for two different Roberto da Costa in X-Men DOFP and the New Mutants?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    What is the explanation for two different Roberto da Costa in X-Men DOFP and the New Mutants?
    "The New Mutants" is set in early 2000s, in my scenario: 2006 or 2008. DOFP is set in 2023. Roberto just aged.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    It could just as easily be said that Deadpool 2’s place in canon is questionable. He’s seen wandering around the mansion with a Colossus who’s never seen in the X-movies, and somehow the cast of X-Men Apocalypse is there, and Deadpool 2 is definitely not set in the 80’s.
    In my scenario, DEADPOOL 2 is set in 2008. Colossus was older than his version of "X2"/"The Last Stand" (1999/2000), and he was a different man anyway (different timeline = different life).
    The cast of Apocalypse? They were older (1992-2008 = 16 years). Cinematic mutants age slower and better than humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I think the idea is that they're the same person who's lives took a different turn and we suspend disbelief r.e. the different actors.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

The movie franchise ended once Disney purchased 21C