The Gifted - Parallel Universe

MAINSTREAM UNIVERSE - Original Timeline

En Sabah Nur arrives in Egypt: 5000 BC
    En Sabah Nur is defeated: 3600 BC
    Victor Logan and James Howlett escape: 1845
    Concentration Camp: 1944
    James Logan in Japan: 1945
    First Class: 1962
    James Logan and Victor Creed are recruited by Stryker in Vietnam: 1973 (Autumn)
    James Logan leaves Team X: 1977
    The Last Stand Prologue: 1980
    Weapon X Project: 1983
    Warren Worthington's Flashback: 1990
    The X-Men are reformed (Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, Beast, Emma Silverfox, Banshee clone, Quicksilver clone): 1990s
    Wolverine joins the X-Men: 1999
    X2: 1999
    The Last Stand: 2000
    Magneto regains his powers: 2001
    The X-Men disband: 2007
    The Wolverine: 2008
    The Wolverine Post-Credits: 2010
    DOFP Bleak Future: 2023

MAINSTREAM UNIVERSE - Altered Timeline

En Sabah Nur arrives in Egypt: 5000 BC
    En Sabah Nur is defeated: 3600 BC
    Victor Logan and James Howlett escape: 1845
    Concentration Camp: 1944
    James Logan in Japan: 1945
    First Class: 1962
    Logan changes the timeline: 1973
    Xavier adopts Jean Grey: 1975
    Archangel (not Warren) operates in Germany: 1982
    The X-Men are reformed (Cyclops, Mystique, J. Grey/Phoenix, Beast, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver, M. MacTaggert): 1983
    Warren Worthington's Flashback: 1990
    Dark Phoenix: 1992
    The New Mutants: 2008
    DOFP New Future: 2023

BANNED

After the release of "The New Mutants", I updated the list of points.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    After the release of "The New Mutants", I updated the list of points.
    I forget, why is New Mutants placed in 2008?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I forget, why is New Mutants placed in 2008?
    Early 2000s, so I chose "2008" as date, even according to Sunspot's age in DOFP.

That said, the very last DVD set of "BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER" was released in November 2005, in North-America.
    The entire series was re-released on DVD in 2006, in a "slimmer" package with the same bonus materials that were featured in the original fold out versions. Even "slimmer" versions were issued in 2008.

How do the DVD package look in "The New Mutants"?
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 11-29-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Early 2000s, so I chose "2008" as date, even according to Sunspot's age in DOFP.
    Sunspot's age wasn't given in the movie (and the timeline reboot could've altered that anyways). Now, all the New Mutants cast do have their names in Stryker's computer in X2, although I seriously doubt that that meshes with anything else (and I think most of that should be disregarded as filler text, if nothing else since other movies have contradicted it anyways).

That said, the very last DVD set of "BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER" was released in November 2005, in North-America.
    The entire series was re-released on DVD in 2006, in a "slimmer" package with the same bonus materials that were featured in the original fold out versions. Even "slimmer" versions were issued in 2008.

How do the DVD package look in "The New Mutants"?
    I don't recall seeing the cases onscreen in the movies. (Also worth considering is that the hospital looked pretty outdated, so it would seem possible that the DVDs had been purchased sometime ago -- maybe leftovers from when it was a legitimate institution. Granted, we don't know how long Reyes' program was in operation, but if all those numbered graves were for former victims of hers' and Essex's, it sure looks like it had been around for some time.)
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Sunspot's age wasn't given in the movie (and the timeline reboot could've altered that anyways). Now, all the New Mutants cast do have their names in Stryker's computer in X2, although I seriously doubt that that meshes with anything else (and I think most of that should be disregarded as filler text, if nothing else since other movies have contradicted it anyways).
    This makes sense. I had forgotten this, totally.
    X2 is set in 1999, in my scenario. So having them "listed" 9 years before the events of "The New Mutants" makes sense with their ages. X2 occurs in the original timeline anyway.

BANNED

X2 is set in 1999, in my scenario. So having them "listed" 9 years before the events of "The New Mutants" makes sense with their ages. X2 occurs in the original timeline anyway.
    X2 takes place between 2002/2003. A lot of films back then were usually set in the real year.

Additionally X2 does not have any 90s vibe to it. It's was a pure 2000s movie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    X2 takes place between 2002/2003. A lot of films back then were usually set in the real year.

Additionally X2 does not have any 90s vibe to it. It's was a pure 2000s movie

ORIGINS is firmly placed in 1983. Scott was 18 years old, and "Apocalypse" established that 1983 is the year where Scott's power manifests.

1983 + 15 = 1998/1999.

"X-Men" occurs in 1999.
    "X2" occurs 6 months after the events of "X-Men", 1999.
    "The Last Stand" occurs in 2000.

The original trilogy is the "future" from the FIRST CLASS and ORIGINS perspective. Retcon, I know.

Sure

X2 is set in 1999, in my scenario.
    That does make some sense; Apocalypse is set in 1983 and deals with Cyclops's powers emerging, which suggests that it takes place in the same year that Origins: Wolverine did in the first timeline (since Cyclops's powers had just manifested there, too). The latter had the incident where Wolverine loses his memory, which the first film says was 15 years before that present day. 1983 + 15 = 1998, practically on the mark for the first movie taking place in 1999 (however we rationalize the "not too distant future" timestamp in light of that).

Edit: See from that later post you had the same idea.

So having them "listed" 9 years before the events of "The New Mutants" makes sense with their ages. X2 occurs in the original timeline anyway.
    Think I'm missing the connection.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

(however we rationalize the "not too distant future" timestamp in light of that).

Think I'm missing the connection.
    Yeah. If you see FIRST CLASS (1962) and then ORIGINS (1983), "X-Men" is set in a "Not Too Distant Future" from the last movie (Origins).

The connection is:

By 1999, the New Mutants had already manifested their powers, since they were listed in Stryker's Files. So they must be 16-18 around that time. If they are 16 in 1999, then they are 25 in 2008.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 11-30-2020 at 06:52 PM.

Yeah. If you see FIRST CLASS (1962) and then ORIGINS (1983), "X-Men" is set in a "Not Too Distant Future" from the last movie (Origins).
    Maybe?

The connection is:

By 1999, the New Mutants had already manifested their powers, since they were listed in Stryker's Files. So they must be 16-18 around that time. If they are 16 in 1999, then they are 25 in 2008.
    Stryker's files also listed Harada and Vanessa as mutants, which they were not when they appeared in the flesh later in the series. I don't think we can really trust the computer beyond being Easter eggs, since we've seen that the Powers That Be don't consider the information on it binding.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Stryker's files also listed Harada and Vanessa as mutants, which they were not when they appeared in the flesh later in the series. I don't think we can really trust the computer beyond being Easter eggs, since we've seen that the Powers That Be don't consider the information on it binding.
    Well, the files list two MAXIMOFFs and two CASSIDYs, and this serves my scenario very well, since we got two CLONES in "ORIGINS" (1983): Quicksilver and Banshee! They belonged to the Nineties X-Men of the original timeline.

Harada and Vanessa are listed in a second section of the files, as people "associated" to mutants. As simple as that.

("In addition to the list of mutants, on another screen there are a series of folders on the computer's desktop. These folders included...")

(plus, it's not "the" Vanessa of the DEADPOOL WORLD)

There were clones in the Films prior to Logan?

Also the (2) Maximoff and Cassiy was clearly a reference to Quicksilver and Wanada(Though we never saw her, we just hear her name said DOFP) and two Cassidy's appeared in the Fox xmen films siren and Banshee. Also Uncle Tom lol but in Deadpool 2 so that's another thing. But yea where are the clones coming from, I completely missed that part of the films.

Also the list had Moria listed with all the Mutants so I don't think it matters what part of the computer they were in. They were just throwing names in there for eatser eggs.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 12-01-2020 at 05:12 AM.

Well, the files list two MAXIMOFFs and two CASSIDYs, and this serves my scenario very well, since we got two CLONES in "ORIGINS" (1983): Quicksilver and Banshee! They belonged to the Nineties X-Men of the original timeline.
    There's no indication that there any clones in the Origins movie (and we've seen multiple characters with the same powers before, e.g. Azazel, Wraith and Nightcrawler).

Harada and Vanessa are listed in a second section of the files, as people "associated" to mutants. As simple as that.
    Thing is, they're stored with the other mutant files.

("In addition to the list of mutants, on another screen there are a series of folders on the computer's desktop. These folders included...")
    I don't get the relevance?

(plus, it's not "the" Vanessa of the DEADPOOL WORLD)
    The Deadpool did tie itself to the First Class series (while Deadpool's age, the blind eye to the fact that he was a mutant, and the fourth-wall breaking are admittedly tricky things to reconcile with the series as a whole).
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    There were clones in the Films prior to Logan?

Also the (2) Maximoff and Cassiy was clearly a reference to Quicksilver and Wanada(Though we never saw her, we just hear her name said DOFP) and two Cassidy's appeared in the Fox xmen films siren and Banshee. Also Uncle Tom lol but in Deadpool 2 so that's another thing. But yea where are the clones coming from, I completely missed that part of the films.

Also the list had Moria listed with all the Mutants so I don't think it matters what part of the computer they were in. They were just throwing names in there for eatser eggs.

Guys, guys, guys. This is MY SCENARIO. You're not forced to buy it, even if - for me - it's 100% perfect and makes a lot of sense. Okay?

Emma Silverfox in ORIGINS was a clone of Emma Frost --- and that would explain why she did not resemble Kayla Silverfox at all. Frost was killed in 1963 or so.
    The Banshee kid in ORIGINS was a clone of the original Banshee, who was killed years before 1973. Probably, 1965 or so.
    The Quicksilver kid in ORIGINS was a clone of the original Quicksilver, who could have been captured by Stryker Jr. prior to 1973, cloned, then temporarily left free for some reason. This would explain why the Original Timeline Wolverine from 2023 knew how to find Peter Maximoff in 1973 (DOFP). Maybe TEam X killed him in 1975 or so.

Moira has been an X-Man in 1962 (FIRST CLASS), so she was affiliated to Xavier and the mutants.

The Stryker Files work great in my scenario, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    clearly a reference to Quicksilver and Wanada (Though we never saw her, we just hear her name said DOFP).
    In the FOX universe, mutation comes from the father.
    The girl was human. And she was never named "Wanda" on-screen in DOFP, but it doesn't matter. She is human.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 12-01-2020 at 02:55 PM.