Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    The Lexorians stroking Luthor's ego and him having a whole world that recognizes his brilliance enough for them to want him to rule it probably mitigates the xenophobia. In my mind Luthor's xenophobia was always there to justify his ego and self-conception and not really an actual belief. I feel like its more of an opportunistic move on his part to use the worst of humanity to attack Superman.
    I can totally see that. Seeing the modern Lex on Lexor would be fun for a little bit, just to see him being so smug and happy for a little while. Stroking his ego by playing the hero with them, it could be a side of Lex we don't see much of.
    Lex not actually being xenophobic but just really really hating Superman, and using xenophobia as a tool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I can totally see that. Seeing the modern Lex on Lexor would be fun for a little bit, just to see him being so smug and happy for a little while. Stroking his ego by playing the hero with them, it could be a side of Lex we don't see much of.
    Lex not actually being xenophobic but just really really hating Superman, and using xenophobia as a tool.
    A lot of racism and xenophobia is exactly like that to the point that it still would count as racism.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    A lot of racism and xenophobia is exactly like that to the point that it still would count as racism.
    Anyone else remember that Fairly Odd Parents episode where the kid wishes everyone were exactly the same to try and make his “dental-supremacist” neighbor stop being a jerk, reducing everyone to grey blobs... and his neighbor is *still* a supremacist, but now about being the “blobbiest blob!”?

That kind fo perfectly encapsulates the egotistical and narcissistic aspects of prejudice.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Anyone else remember that Fairly Odd Parents episode where the kid wishes everyone were exactly the same to try and make his “dental-supremacist” neighbor stop being a jerk, reducing everyone to grey blobs... and his neighbor is *still* a supremacist, but now about being the “blobbiest blob!”?

That kind fo perfectly encapsulates the egotistical and narcissistic aspects of prejudice.
    Man, I feel old.