Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Luthor family revival

I'd love to expand on the Luthor family. His niece Nasty was a scene stealer in All Star Superman, and I bet fun stuff could be done with her. She can play at being a super villainess, date a teen super hero, work with/against Lex. Officially, Nasty was the daughter of Lex's older sister we never saw on screen so there's another character that could be introduced. Anyone with Lex for a brother who names their daughter Nasthalitha sounds like an interesting character.
    I'd go ahead and bring back Lex's daughter Lena too. There's a lot of potential for her, she's close in age to Jon so they can do a friendship or some interesting dynamic with them. Lex as a father adds complexity to his character. Nasty_Luthor_001.jpg

Extraordinary Member

I’m actually pretty interested in seeing the Brainiac-ified version of the daughter Lena.

You could have fun with her being Kon’s little sister if you wanted to, or have a younger version of her be friends with/possible love interests with Jon.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Tv’s made Lionel and Lilian into interesting characters in their own right. I wouldn’t want them to be used often, but I’m ok with them being alive and occasionally being factored into their son’s schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I’m actually pretty interested in seeing the Brainiac-ified version of the daughter Lena.

You could have fun with her being Kon’s little sister if you wanted to, or have a younger version of her be friends with/possible love interests with Jon.
    Lena's Brainiac connection has a lot of possibilities. She would totally be Kon's sister, there's no avoiding that. A Jon/Lena romance seems inevitable, but I'm hoping for a Jon/Damien romance when they're both of age.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I've always really wanted a Supergirl Bronze age omnibus, to among other things have all her stories with Nasty. She's a fun character.

I also really liked having the Contessa, within Superman I think she's Luthor's best supporting character.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

A Bronze Age Supergirl omnibus is high up on the list of omnibuses I want. With Supergirl on tv you'd think there would be a good chance at getting that.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Anyone got the family tree and history? I once read about how Luthor and Olsen ancestor feud over Metropolis land in colonial times but I can't find it again

Astonishing Member

I wish that they kept Lena's psychic powers instead of just making her genderswap Lex.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I wish that they kept Lena's psychic powers instead of just making her genderswap Lex.
    I wish they'd kept the idea that Lena was a truly good person with a black sheep brother rather than the pseudo-Lex from Superwoman or the "always making the wrong choices" character from the Supergirl TV show. Lena as a female rival for Superwoman, Power Girl or Supergirl is too boring and cliche. And if we absolutley need to have a female Lex- just use Nasthalia.

Lena was more interesting to me as the FBI widow with a kid who was unaware that she had a brother named Lex Luthor. She was his kryptonite then. Lena was the one person he actually cared about and part of that was never wanting her to learn the truth. The other was that things like blowing up the world were off the table unless he could keep her safe when it happened.

I miss multi-dimensional Lex who had a few things other than super-villainy (and business villainy) in his life

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I wish they'd kept the idea that Lena was a truly good person with a black sheep brother rather than the pseudo-Lex from Superwoman or the "always making the wrong choices" character from the Supergirl TV show. Lena as a female rival for Superwoman, Power Girl or Supergirl is too boring and cliche. And if we absolutley need to have a female Lex- just use Nasthalia.

Lena was more interesting to me as the FBI widow with a kid who was unaware that she had a brother named Lex Luthor. She was his kryptonite then. Lena was the one person he actually cared about and part of that was never wanting her to learn the truth. The other was that things like blowing up the world were off the table unless he could keep her safe when it happened.

I miss multi-dimensional Lex who had a few things other than super-villainy (and business villainy) in his life
    What made that storyline so annoying was that Winn was also the son of a supervillain yet nobody holds it against him. It basically highlighted a double standard.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

They really should bring Lexor back for a while and give Luthor his marriage with Ardora and bring back his son. Even if they get rid of them tragically again this story was really good for deepening Luthor's character.

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    They really should bring Lexor back for a while and give Luthor his marriage with Ardora and bring back his son. Even if they get rid of them tragically again this story was really good for deepening Luthor's character.
    I'm reading a lot of Silver Age lately, and I agree Lexor and Adora really did give Lex much needed depth. The deaths of Adroa, Lex Jr and Lexor also really shaped Lex in a darker and more tragic figure.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    I wonder how much DC cares about portraying Lex as "racist against aliens". Of course, characters can always have double standards, especially villainous ones.

I wonder how much DC cares about portraying Lex as "racist against aliens". Of course, characters can always have double standards, especially villainous ones.
    That's a good point. Adora being in the picture does undercut Lex as a xenophobe.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

The Lexorians stroking Luthor's ego and him having a whole world that recognizes his brilliance enough for them to want him to rule it probably mitigates the xenophobia. In my mind Luthor's xenophobia was always there to justify his ego and self-conception and not really an actual belief. I feel like its more of an opportunistic move on his part to use the worst of humanity to attack Superman.