Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Now you all know if the mutants excluded the villains from Krakoa then we'd be hearing how they aren't taking care of their own and how they've left the rest of the world in danger. Selfish!!

Damned if you do, damned if... I'm hungry.
    If you're talking about villains like Pyro, Toad, or Blob, people might.

I don't think anyone would be teribly upset if they left out people like Sabretooth, Apocalypse, or Sinister.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Didn’t Melody volunteer to do that? And wasn’t she given several chances to dip out?

Now for the other cases, you’re right the X-Men should definitely monitor these villains when it comes to mutant on mutant violence (ew that sounds like black on black crime which is not a thing), but they’re probably not pressed cause their species is high-key immortal now. I stand by my statement that humanity is safer now because the first psychopath who harmed a human got thrown into the pit with a quickness (and the other villains didn’t even try to defend him).

Edit: Beast should also definitely be in the pit, but I don’t think the QC even knows about that incident yet
    What has Hank done that deserves imprisonment?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    If you're talking about villains like Pyro, Toad, or Blob, people might.

I don't think anyone would be teribly upset if they left out people like Sabretooth, Apocalypse, or Sinister.
    If they were not on the island they would be killing people.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    He did some slick sh*t behind everyone’s back in X-Force that lead to an entire country’s population becoming plant people.

After looking at the spoilers for the previous issues and the brushing aside of Reed's pathetic attempt at being a parent for a moment, I agree with the consensus on this thread in regarding this mini as a dumpster fire.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    He did some slick sh*t behind everyone’s back in X-Force that lead to an entire country’s population becoming plant people.
    I missed that... What issue of X-Force can I find that in? Thanks.

Mighty Member

Absolutely nothing! Hank has unfortunately become the X-men's resident whipping boy, despite others doing far worst than he's ever done. That's not counting the fact that everything he's ever done has been in service to mutantkind. There are far more people who should be tossed into the pit before you even get to Hank. Hell just look at all the shady shit Apocalypse is doing. Beast has done nothing wrong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Absolutely nothing! Hank has unfortunately become the X-men's resident whipping boy, despite others doing far worst than he's ever done. That's not counting the fact that everything he's ever done has been in service to mutantkind. There are far more people who should be tossed into the pit before you even get to Hank. Hell just look at all the shady shit Apocalypse is doing. Beast has done nothing wrong.
    I'm fairly sure as an Avenger/Defender Hank has done his share to protect baseline humans too.

I believe it’s in issue 6 with the fallout occurring in issue 10.

Its a bit vague. At best he got the President and a majority of his staff killed of a nation they were allying with, along with destroying the entire infrastructure of the nation and reprogrammed their cultural heritage into attacking everyone in the country. At worst he straight up committed genocide. Its a bit vague if Jean actually saved some of the people.

Jean seemed more upset that he went behind everyone's back when he did this, rather then the fact that he actually committed genocide.

This mini is so uninteresting that we all keep going way off topic!

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Is this sarcasm? The stuff he did in recent X-Force is pretty terrible (made worse by the fact that he's constantly talking about how he's never wrong). He inflicted a pretty horrifying death upon the population of an entire country.

I think his other big crime was kidnapping the young version of the original X-Men from the past and bringing them to the present without any plan to send them back, purely (as he explains himself) to teach adult Scott a lesson (because they were feuding at the time). In addition to generally being a pretty shitty thing to do, him messing with the timestream caused a whole bunch of other temporal crises. And when eventually confronted about it, he goes on a "shame on you!" rant at everyone else before storming off...and that's the extent of the repercussions he faces.

He's still a good guy for the most part, but he's done some really shitty things and is consistently written as someone who is very arrogant and refuses to ever accept being wrong or responsible for mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Is this miniseries about how vanilla monogamous parents Reed and Sue are worried that their virgin teenaged mutant son will be influenced by those “mutant polyamorous heretics” on their island, if he enlists there amongst his peers?

Because that’s the mini I want to read.
    I always enjoy reading the parts of a story where Doom outmaneuvers everyone and is a huge dick about it, but that's probably finished now and he's presumably getting walloped next issue so this would be an amazing way to end the mini.

But I don't think anything will top the scene in issue #2 where Sue chastises Scott for valuing a human life lower than a mutant's (which he....wasn't even doing at the time). One of the most bizzarely tone-deaf things I've seen from Marvel in a while.
    Last edited by Gridde; 07-21-2020 at 10:44 PM.
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Its a bit vague. At best he got the President and a majority of his staff killed of a nation they were allying with, along with destroying the entire infrastructure of the nation and reprogrammed their cultural heritage into attacking everyone in the country. At worst he straight up committed genocide. Its a bit vague if Jean actually saved some of the people.

Jean seemed more upset that he went behind everyone's back when he did this, rather then the fact that he actually committed genocide.

Just read it... And, I agree Beast screwed up big time inadvertently creating Bio-Sentinels.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

Yeah I would have liked a little bit of explanation about what happened to those people. If future issues are about Beast/Jean/The Council then maybe we'll get a better explanation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    We've already had Stark Sentinels and Doom Sentinels, I wonder if we'll end up with Panther Sentinels, Fantastic Sentinels and Ultron Sentinels.
    No spoiling the next big crossovers please^^

And please Marvel stop doing this stupid hero vs. hero stories. Most of them just make all of the good guys look bad and or idiotic.

I stand by the fact that this was a pointless event and the outcome was predictable, at the same time has yet to be mentioned by either side of the spectrum in their current runs. Neat flex at the end by Charles and Erik though.