Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    So many middly to good reception for this issue, I'm actually surprised.
    I felt the issue was a huge let down compared to all the previous one.
    Easily the lowest point of the entire serie by reaaaally far.

spoilers:
    I didn't get the A-Next actions in this issue, why did they waste all these SHIELD agents for example?
    It made no sense at all.
    Was it to show that they were the real deal, not to be underestimated ? Come on, cliché much ?
    Same with Hill who went from monitoring everything in her CIC to field op because reasons...Like, who is in charge of all the hot spots now ??
    The battle on AIM island against the ministers was underwhelming, they were badly jobbed especially Graviton.
    Catastrophic.
    And Forson, the Supreme Scientist who gave a run for its money to everyone in term of plotting, deceit and strategy including Stark in the very last issue ! got ridiculed via deus ex machina proxy (the miraculous virus from the future #PresidentSnowden).
    end of spoilers

This issue was simply botched, for some reasons that I cannot explain.
    Spencer completely dropped the ball...
    The art going from A grade to D minus didn't help either.

I hope it was just an accident, and that quality will pick-up on the next issue, that would be a real shame to squander everything that has been built so far out of lazyness.
    I completely agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    So many middly to good reception for this issue, I'm actually surprised.
    I felt the issue was a huge let down compared to all the previous one.
    Easily the lowest point of the entire serie by reaaaally far.

spoilers:
    I didn't get the A-Next actions in this issue, why did they waste all these SHIELD agents for example?
    It made no sense at all.
    Was it to show that they were the real deal, not to be underestimated ? Come on, cliché much ?
    Same with Hill who went from monitoring everything in her CIC to field op because reasons...Like, who is in charge of all the hot spots now ??
    The battle on AIM island against the ministers was underwhelming, they were badly jobbed especially Graviton.
    Catastrophic.
    And Forson, the Supreme Scientist who gave a run for its money to everyone in term of plotting, deceit and strategy including Stark in the very last issue ! got ridiculed via deus ex machina proxy (the miraculous virus from the future #PresidentSnowden).
    end of spoilers

This issue was simply botched, for some reasons that I cannot explain.
    Spencer completely dropped the ball...
    The art going from A grade to D minus didn't help either.

I hope it was just an accident, and that quality will pick-up on the next issue, that would be a real shame to squander everything that has been built so far out of lazyness.
    I thought Spencer showed that the Next Avengers could be captured, but that even when you do capture them, they still have the moves that get them the win. We saw in Bendis' run that the A-next took down Kang, who had all the devices of the future, and the kids treated him like they didn't know what he was, when they killed him. Its nice to see the kids in other situations where they are a team and watch the team dynamic, so as a piece of new information on the A-Next in the 616 MU, we see they are pretty formidable. Forson thought he had them beat, and Forson still has the other attacks going on in Italy and China and the White House, so this isn't over yet. What the virus the kids gave AIM actually does hasn't been revealed yet, but it didn't shut down the whole operation.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-17-2014 at 05:09 PM.

Man, the art here was just brutally bad.

To go from Caselli and Checchetto to this was just downright criminal. Next issue is solicited for Checchetto but then it's right back to Ienco. Ugh.

I love this series and it would make sense that it would be ending which is a shame because this really is one of my favorite titles right now. I find it much more interesting than the current Avengers run.