Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

Default Snake Eyes Deadgame

I have finished reading Snake Eyes Deadgame #1. I am quite impressed with how Rob Liefeld's storytelling and artistic talents have improved a lot years away from the work he's done. It is much better than his run on Captain America, Avengers and Onslaught Reborn limited series.

I haven't read a Rob Liefeld comic since Onslaught Reborn. Maybe I should try some of his other works like Deadpool Corps and a Hawk and Dove series, with writer Sterling Gates.
    Last edited by Kuro no Shinigami; 07-19-2020 at 03:15 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro no Shinigami View Post
    I have finished reading Snake Eyes Deadgame #1. I am quite impressed with how Rob Liefeld's storytelling and artistic talents have improved a lot years away from the work he's done. It is much better than his run on Captain America, Avengers and Onslaught Reborn limited series.

I haven't read a Rob Liefeld comic since Onslaught Reborn. Maybe I should try some of his other works like Deadpool Corps and a Hawk and Dove series, with writer Sterling Gates.
    ...did we see the same book?

Rob can't draw feet, faces or guns. I wish editors remembered that while Rob created Deadpool, it was other writers who actually defined him.

Astonishing Member

I am just happy to have a story about "my" Snake Eyes, since Larry Hama decided to kill him off and rebrand Snake Eyes as a female. Feels like when the Transformers killed off Optimus Prime and tried to make me like Hot Rod/Rodimus (I never did). Eventually the franchise brought Optimus back after many years wasted. I am sure G.I. Joe ARAH will do the same hopefully soon. Back to Snake Eyes endgame, it has a little G.I. Joe the movie to it with a Cobra-La type antagonist but it is still my Snake Eyes and that is enough. That plus Liefeld is great for this since he loves drawing guys with swords and guns, Snake Eyes does both.